“Such an amazing holiday and memorable holiday.”
Review of Talbot Wexford

Talbot Wexford
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Couldn't of asked for better service. One of the meals I didn't really like because I decided to try something new and they offered me to have something else free of charge instead, I've never heard of anywhere doing that before. Friendly staff and a very relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Stephen1211
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read your complimentary review.
We really do have a fantastic team of staff here, who always ensure that each and everyone of our guests are looked after to the highest standard.
We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to the Talbot Hotel Wexford in the near future for another stay to remember!

Dick Walsh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,699)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife became unwell while in Wexford and so we secured an overnight room at short notice at 1030am! Staff were tremendously helpful in responding to her needs, including providing a high quality simple evening meal for her. I ate well both in the Ballast Bar in the evening and at breakfast the next day. A well-appointed and comfortable hotel with welcoming staff, strongly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 186254Peter

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.
I was delighted to read your complimentary review.
We hope you both are doing well.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the near future, make sure to say hello!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My family (14 in total) stayed here for the Easter weekend. We had a great time. We had dinner for 14 on two nights and the food was great. All their staff were so helpful and nothing was a problem to them. When booking the hotel I put in a special request for my parents and this request was fulfilled. They were very happy. I would definitely go back again. Our children used the pool and leisure facilities and they really enjoyed themselves. Thanks to all.

1  Thank HOSDublin

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing a review of your Families Easter Break experience with us here at the Talbot Hotel Wexford.
I was delighted to read your complimentary review, each and everyone of our staff members are always more than happy to go the extra mile for our guests.
We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We couldn't believe what we saw on line .it was a fantastic deal too good to be true .we got a lovely surprise when we got there ,everything it said we got .a fantastic room with beautiful view ,lovely staff in the bar as well as hotel .we were able to walk all of wexford town no bother as the location was ideal . lots of shopping ..

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Wexford.
I was delighted to read your comments and glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your 3 day Triple treat stay in Wexford.
Our Talbot Triple Treat really is fantastic value and runs throughout the year!
We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed two nights recently at the Talbot Wexford and enjoyed our stay. The staff were good but Jenny at Reception was excellent !! so helpful & considerate (thank you ). Elsewhere staff ok, service in Ballast bar only OK food good, Breakfast food good & service good. Leisure centre staff very good although kid's pool was too cold, however on last Day of our stay my wife went shopping so I ventured into a room called Kids Playroom with my 2 year old, only after 30 mins I was practually yelled at by a female staff member who told me to leave and "what are you doing in here ?? " honestly totally unnecessary !! Maybe Jenny can teach you a thing or two on customer service !!.. Overall enjoyed stay ....

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here with my family and found it to be very comfortable, great service and very friendly staff. I loved the seated area with the cafe and newspapers for anyone who prefers to relax outside the bar. Everywhere in the hotel is really clean and the food is really good. I'd definitely recommend the hotel and will be returning.

Room Tip: ask for a seaview room - lovely views of the harbour
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I are just back from a two night stay at the Talbot Wexford and absolutely loved it! I chose the Talbot as I was taking part in the Half Marathon which starts just across the road and it was just perfect. There was a great buzz around the hotel on the morning of the race. From our arrival to check out we enjoyed our whole experience. Our room while not overly spacious was spotless with a very comfy bed & good sized flatscreen tv. We ate twice in the hotel bar and the food was good and portions generous. Also a great range of draught beers to choose from. Fantastic breakfast on offer too. I didnt get to use the gym but I did use the pool, jacuzzi and sauna, it was a nice relaxing area with loungers and drinking water provided in jugs for guests. All the staff we dealt with were very effecient, friendly and obviously hardworking. The noon check out it also great as some places it's 11am. We have stayed elsewhere in Wexford town but the Talbot will be our first choice from now on.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea room view, beautiful. Or if you prefer the sun on your room in the evening ask for one...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neener1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!