“4 Star?”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Kildare
“4 Star?”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Intial impressions were very good, lovely welcome at reception, very accommodating as room wasn't ready, phone us as soon as we could get the key. Had high hopes when entering the room, a family room. View was excellent, 5th Floor, looking out over the sea. Some shabby elements to the room, needs a lick of paint and some of the wood work replaced.
The biggest let down was the room service. A seafood chowder which was 4 pieces of salmon in a creamy sauce! A brown bread salad sandwich which was the most miserable sandwich I'd ever had!! Now I had asked to have the mayo on the side but was told the salad mix was already made up, as I had seen how busy the place was (it was a Bank Holiday Sunday) I said fine, give me what you have....that consisted of two slices of brown bread with a mix of mayo, red and green peppers diced and some celery....!!! Not a tomato or bit of lettuce in site (except for the decoration on the plate which I had to put in the sambo to make it more filling) - I was so hungry and tired I didn't even complain about it at the time. To be fair to the receptionist at check out she apologies and took the price of the sambo off the bill. It shouldn't have been an issue for a 4 star hotel!
No towels in the bathroom, forgivable, but the wait to have them sent up wasn't !!! Over an hour later after a follow up phone call, not 4 star standards!!!
The Warm Tiger Prawn Salad in the lobby later that day made me very happy and full....top marks on this. The home made fish fingers and chips for my little girl was delish as was his Chicken Cesar Salad.
The pool was lovely, we had our 18 month old with us and there were no issues with this.
Overall it was a nice experience, I'll defo go back. It was extremely busy for the weekend that was in it and I have to say the staff in the Bar and Lobby cafe were under alot of pressure.
Be warned though, parking is an issue when the hotel is so busy. It may take a couple of attempts to find a parking space in the two car parks so if travelling with babs be sure to unload at the door before parking the car!!!
For older kids I can't comment on the types of activities but I can say there was a complete schedule of events for kids to take part in which impressed me.

Room Tip: 5th Floor was fine and seemed to be one of the better floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DDkildare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
northern ireland
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here many times i took my hubby selwyn this year for his 55th birthday and book a superior room. Greeted at reception with a smile as usual. Our room was amazing. In the evening we had our meal in the restraunt, service and food perfect then finished the night in the ballast bar with great music. Made some fab new friends and the bar staff were cheerful and faultless. Cant wait to get back again . Maureen and selwyn x

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank saraluv
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Maureen & Selwyn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.
I was delighted to read your review.
I Have passed on your comments to our team of staff who were delighted to see you both back again for another visit!
We all look forward to welcoming you both back again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Talbot was clean and very comfortable--a nice retreat. my room had a gorgeous view of the quay, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was not gourmet but good and very plentiful--the baked eggs were done perfectly. Food in the pub was delicious; service a bit slow--they seem a bit short staffed--but again very friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended and I would visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review "Pleasant Stay" with us. We really do appreciate it when our guests take the time to share their valuable feedback with us.
I was delighted to read that overall, you had a much enjoyable stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Wexford and would recommend us to others.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have being to stay at the talbot hotel a few times and always look forward to our next visit . The staff are so friendly and greet you with a lovely smile . The rooms are all very clean and beds comfortable . Food great and music in bar at weekend .

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good .
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bernie,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experiences with us here at the Talbot Hotel Wexford and to thank you most of all for your much valued custom.
I have passed your review onto our team who are delighted to hear that as always you had such an enjoyable stay.
We hope to welcome you back to the Talbot Wexford in the near future.

Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed at all of the premium hotels in Wexford and this by far my favourite, the hospitality, the service, the quality, the location and the view are all second to none - it really is the only place to stay in Wexford

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.
Thank you for your complimentary review.
We look forward to your next visit to the Sunny South East.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Couldn't of asked for better service. One of the meals I didn't really like because I decided to try something new and they offered me to have something else free of charge instead, I've never heard of anywhere doing that before. Friendly staff and a very relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Stephen1211
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read your complimentary review.
We really do have a fantastic team of staff here, who always ensure that each and everyone of our guests are looked after to the highest standard.
We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to the Talbot Hotel Wexford in the near future for another stay to remember!

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife became unwell while in Wexford and so we secured an overnight room at short notice at 1030am! Staff were tremendously helpful in responding to her needs, including providing a high quality simple evening meal for her. I ate well both in the Ballast Bar in the evening and at breakfast the next day. A well-appointed and comfortable hotel with welcoming staff, strongly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 186254Peter

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.
I was delighted to read your complimentary review.
We hope you both are doing well.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the near future, make sure to say hello!

Dick Walsh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
Best Western Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!