“Lovely hotel”

Talbot Wexford
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Talbot for 2 nights with young family. Was treated exceptionally well .food excellent. Room comfortable although a little dated. Very good view of the water. Children friendly . We had dinner in bedroom twice due to kids ages ...both enjoyable. Staff so friendly especially in pool area apart from the man who delivered our dinner to our room on the last evening who slammed the food on our table didn't say a word turned around and stormed out the room slamming the door behind him ?.Otherwise an excellent hotel.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
merthyr tydfil wales
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived on Monday and going home next Monday 24th august what a Fabulous time we are having in this hotel everything about it is AI from breakfast to lunch to some of the finest evening meals we have ever had
And we are always travelling around the world
This hotel has made our holiday a time of great enjoyment may I mention BELLETTA on the reception desk who went far further than we expected to make our holiday
Thanks to all the staff and manager Paul the really care

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 22birdie
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is excellent. Staff are so nice and helpful and great with kids. Food lovely and rooms too . Located right in the centre of the action. Parking and beside the train station and seafront. All in all great time and would stay again and again.

• Stayed September 2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I travelled to Wexford on business and chose to stay in one of the superior sea-view rooms. Upon arrival, the reception staff were very pleasant and professional, and although my room wasn't ready we were able to get all the formalities out of the way and they took my luggage so that I could crack on with the stuff I needed to do without having to drag my bags around.

The room was huge! The view was gorgeous, and even though the main road was right outside, the room was quiet and restful. Room facilities were exactly as advertised, so I got exactly what I had paid for. I ordered room sevice breakfast twice, and on both occasions I asked for something that wasn't actually on the room service menu. Again, I got exactly what I asked for with no quibble.

As an arachnaphobic, the sight of a spider renders me utterly useless. One appeared in my room, and so my only option was to call reception for help. Yes, I know, that's pretty sad! I was treated with respect and with compassion and less than 5 minutes after my call was placed, my room was intruder free and my sanity restored.

I liked it here, and I will almost certainly stay again when I next visit the charming town on Wexford.

Room Tip: Go for the sea view room, you'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jazzkat71
northern ireland
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Returned to the talbot again and on arrivial we were greeted with a smile, we were given our seaview room which was again spotless and the view perfect. We spent the evening in the ballast bar where there was music and the staff again were just so pleasant. Thank you making our stay so great . Cant wait to get back . Maureen and selwyn (wilcox)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Maureen and Selwyn,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review on Tripadvisor, It gives me great pleasure to know that yet again you both enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Wexford.
Both myself and our team of staff are always delighted to welcome you both back to the Talbot Hotel Wexford, your Home from Home!
We are already looking forward to your next visit!

Kind Regards
Dick Walsh
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Had a lovely stay down in the Talbot last week with my wife and 5 week old daughter. I had contacted the hotel prior to our arrival and the customer service team were really helpful in booking dinner, baby changing room, etc.

Firstly, the food is really lovely. We had dinner in the restaurant on day one and in the bar on day too. Both were really lovely meals. The breakfast is your normal fare but again really nice. The best part of this hotel is the staff. From reception, to waiters, to the guy at the leisure centre desk, everyone was really welcoming and ready for a chat. I've stayed in far more expensive hotels and not enjoyed the atmosphere that the staff at the Talbot create.

The pool, jacuzzi, steam are all spot on and worth a visit. We had my parents with us to babysit and loved the swin on both afternoons.

Negatives: the shower was very unpredictable, had to be on our toes to jump when the temperature shot up. Maybe a lick of paint to modernise the room.

Stayed at Whites last year and the Ferrycarrig at Christmas and I enjoyed the Talbot over these two.

Be back again in October!

Room Tip: Our room faced the harbour. There are no loud pubs nearby so I'd say all rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed in the talbot with my best friend during July. From the moment we stepped in the hotel, we felt right 'at home'. We were greeted by the lovely professional ladies at reception and felt incredibly welcome. Aoife was our first point of contact and she was so accommodating in terms of making sure our needs were met with the bedroom and that we had absolutely everything we required. Bellita and Jenny were equally fantastic and helpful in providing us with all the tourist information we needed. We really had the impression that no matter what we needed, nothing was an issue or a problem. We were so impressed by the staff and felt that they genuinely cared about their customers as opposed to being sterile and just on the job and going through the motions of the daily hum drum. We really enjoyed the comfortable beds, the food, the leisure facilities. There was this lovely homely atmosphere in the hotel and staff were just ever so pleasant and cheerful. The ladies at reception really made our stay and most certainly deserve a pay rise or recognition for their efforts. I have stayed in many a hotel and lived in several countries. I can honestly say I never felt as at home as I did in this hotel. Thank you so much ladies. We will be back to you at some other point. Thanks again for a wonderful stay cation.
Val and Elaine ( Cork girls)

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank angellionsigh
Dear Val & Elaine,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Talbot Hotel Wexford and for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.
I was thrilled to read your complimentary review. Thank you so much for your comments, it means so much to our team of staff especially our lovely team of Receptionists who were delighted to hear your feedback!

We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to the Talbot Hotel Wexford in the near Future. Make sure to say hello!

Kind Regards
Dick Walsh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!