“Wexford Holiday”
Review of Talbot Wexford

Talbot Wexford
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from 2 nights stay at the Talbot Hotel, Wexford. This is the first time I've ever taken the time to write a review about a hotel and we've stayed in quite a few in our time! I believe that this hotel has the friendliest, most helpful staff we have ever come across, and I mean ALL the staff we met were just super. That, together with the food in the bar/restaurant and the room made for an exceptional stay at this hotel. I would have no reservation in recommending the Talbot for a great family getaway from beginning to end. Note to the management and owners... Your staff are a credit to you and seem to take great pride in the hotel and looking after their guests... well done!!!

Stayed: August 2014
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Wexford and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
It really means a lot to know that you took the time to share your feedback with us. I was delighted to read your kind words. We really do have such a fantastic team of staff who always go the extra mile for all of our guests. Your Feedback has been passed on to the entire team!
We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you both back to Wexford again soon.

Dick Walsh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,714)

Reviewed 28 August 2014

stayed over a night in the talbot hotel in wexford, the staff was lovely they greeted us at the door and gave us our room number and keys, i got a room on the 2nd floor over looking the view of the quay, its right beside the town so there is no need for transport, they have loads of shops everyone will buy loads in. later that day i got a lovely 4 course meal followed by drinks at the bar then went for a swim in their lovely pool downstairs and they also have a childrens club and a childrens pool in the hotel, they have two very hot steam rooms and a lovely jacuzz. went back up to my room wear i chilled out read the paper that i got in reception and watched abit of tv. the room was lovely and clean when i arrived and i enjoyed my sleep that night after all the shopping i done. the next morning i woke up at 7 and went down to the pool and i enjoyed the fact the pool opened so early. i went back to my room then went down for some breakfast and the breakfast was out standing you could get a big fry, cereal, fruit, yogurt, pancakes, toast, and there was loads of water.. smooties and tea and coffee. i enjoyed picking out my own and the staff were so helpful helping everyone out. then i went back up to back my bags and i checked out. i dont normally right reviews but i just had to write one about this hotel because no were else you would get such great service and i will be going back again to stay. excellent hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank eugeneedowd

Dear Guest,

On behalf of everyone here at the Talbot Hotel Wexford i would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review online.
We really do appreciate it when our guests take the time to give us their feedback. Thank you for your kind words, i am glad you could relax and enjoy your stay with us.
We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We are just home from spending two nights at the talbot in Wexford.. When we arrived we met Caroline at reception, she was lovely and friendly and she told us Everything we needed to know..

The room was nice and clean.. The view from the room was lovely..

The swimming pool is nice and relaxing...

We had a meal in the restaurant.. Michelle served us, she was nice enough although I think she turned her noes up when I asked for the kids menu as I didn't fancy anything from the mains from the adult menu... The food was delicious and presented lovely...

We checked out and I realised my car was dead..I went back in to ask for help and Caroline was so accommodating! She made me feel relaxed and calm about the situation and she assured me she would get me help as soon as possible! Rodger came to our rescue and found a man with Jump leads to jump our car! And he was so relaxed and helpful!

We would definitely come back here in the future and stay again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing a review of your recent two night stay with us here at the Talbot Wexford.
I was delighted to read your comments and happy to hear that Roger came to your assistance and helped get you home Safely.
We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back for another visit soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Excellent hotel. Great food and room? Central to city centre with a gym and pool on site. The hotel bar was quite busy but the service was fine. Would stay here againMand would recommend this hotel for a good weekend break

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Talbot Hotel Wexford and for taking the time to share your Feedback with us.
I am glad to hear that you found your stay to be an enjoyable one.
We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed on a family break with a family room and a double room, Double room was lovely, exactly what you would expect from a 4 star. The family room had a variety of issues, ac not working, doors in bad shape wallpaper peeling, chairs not the cleanest and the bed was not comfortable.
I brought these issues to the hotel's notice and they agreed they were not 4 star quality. There is a major refurbishment happening in Sep 2014 when all these issues will be addressed and rectified.

Aside from that the rest of the hotel is excellent. The bar is beautiful, the gallery/lobby area is lovely albeit a little small for a full hotel.

Special mention goes to the staff who were very friendly and helpful and the food which was worthy of any restaurant-even the bar food.

I'll be back when the rooms are done up, but not before.

Room Tip: When booking ensure you ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Talbot Wexford and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
I take your comments on board. The Summer months are always one of our busiest times of year and some of our rooms have gotten a little tired. I can assure you that we are committed to refurbishing all areas of the Hotel where possible. We have just placed an order of over 100 new beds across the Hotel and have refurbished over 30 of our Bedrooms in the last year and a half. We have plans in place for further refurbishments on a phased basis.
I do hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future, when we would be delighted to offer you one of our best rooms.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Not on a par with other 4 star hotels . Basic to say the least . How many four star hotels allows Debs dances to be held in them ? Not a pleasant smell in the lobby next morning . Must have been as a result of all the Bulmers consumed by the teenagers while hanging around the lobby and outside the hotel. Would not consider staying here again .

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank GerLor B
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I prepaid $199 AUD 6 months in advance for our stay at Talbot Wexford. Were first given room 114 which was small, tired, dirty with faulty plumbing in bathroom. Accepted second room (422) which by comparison appeared to be much better but still very tired. Bathroom was filthy, not only had taps not been wiped down for some time but there was black grime on the floor behind door and all around the base of the toilet. Whilst the hotel foyer and other public areas were of high standard it was obvious that these rooms were the leftovers for people who were silly enough to prepay. We complained strongly to hotel staff at reception upon checking out and were advised that management would contact us by email. As at 26 August 2014 this still has not occurred. Before leaving hotel, spoke confidentially to another staff member who advised that there is a wing where the rooms are of high standard and another area, the one we were in, that the staff member refuses to show customers to due to the clearly substandard condition and clealiness of the rooms there. It
is obvious to my wife and I that we were played as fools and with disrepect and we advise all overseas visitors like us never to prepay for this place...and to check the room out before handing over any money. Also please be aware that we stayed in numerous other hotels during our stay in Ireland, all prepaid and without exception they were all excellent with a much higher standard of facility and comfort, in some cases they were quite opulent. Interestingly, the TALBOT WEXFORD was 8 to 10% more expensive than those hotels. My wife and I are very very disapointed with the Talbot Wexford....in a total of 11 hotels that we stayed in 7.5 weeks throughout our holiday in UK (England Scotland Wales) and Ireland this was the only place we found to be unacceptable. As advised, we've had no reponse from the Talbot Wexford to our complaint. Absolutely disgusted.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Rickfield
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!