“Not great”

Secret Valley Wildlife Park
Ranked #4 of 38 things to do in Wexford
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We visited the secret valley wildlife park recently and I have to say I was very underwhelmed by what was on offer.having been here a few years ago when it first opened I thought it might have improved a bit but I was sorely mistaken.

From looking at previous reviews I am wondering was I in the same place as everyone else. From the minute you walk in the gate you can see the place is in need of some upkeep. The smaller animal enclosures are in a large shed and they are all small and pokey, outside the grounds are badly in need of attention,un-staked trees, rough gravel paths etc, over grown boundaries and very few animals in the outside enclosures. At just over €20 for an adult and 2 kids it was expensive for what was on offer. The picnic area was located in a gravelled area which isn't ideal for kids.why not put the tables in the grassy areas?

The kids enjoyed feeding the goats alright but that was about it.

In short I wouldn't recommend this place and definitely won't be going back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Secret valley wildlife Park, should be kept a SECRET On the day we decided to visit, the weather was dull and showery.But we didn't expect the shower of abuse and complete ignorance we got from a old woman working in the coffee shop, for driving our cars through the gate at the entrance (which had nothing to say not to) up to the activities area. I will say some of the staff were very nice and helpful. We got out just in time and spent our hard earned cash at the cinema instead. We were all very disappointed the day was ruined after driving more than two hours.

After contacting the owner to share my disgust the response I got back was not satisfactory either. The woman in the coffee shop was the owners mother so she is a bit bios.

1  Thank Smokie365
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A really brilliant day out.
There's so much to see and do, loads of different animals to see from goats and rabbits to lemurs and raccoons.
There's a train ride, a play ground, indoor play area (with painting) wild golf, football and basketball.
Pony rides, meet the lemur, animal handling, a treasure hunt.
There's also a cafe .
All the staff were lovely right from reaching the front gate.
Couldn't praise the place enough

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We went to secret valley last Thursday. I was very unsure bout going as my kids are 14,11 and 9 so I didn't know if they were too old But they really enjoyed it. Bit expensive to get in €30 for family but worth it. They got to interact with the animals and insects. They were holding lizards and rats and got to feed the goats which was a great thrill for them. Great outdoor play area and lovely cafe. Picnic benches there to bring your own food. They got a ride on a train pulled by a quad which was €2 each but very enjoyable. I would thoroughly recommend secret valley and it's lovely to see owners with so much love and passion for their animals.

1  Thank Carrolls
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is the second time at secret valley. We went when it opened first and it has improved a lot since then. It is suituated on the Enniscorthy to New Ross road just outside Clonroche. The animal feeding is great for the kids and there is a big out door wooden play area. They are adding to the park all the time so in a few years I expect it will get more stars ina review. There is also a cafe in the park.