“Overnight stay”

Ranked #24 of 29 Wexford B&B and Inns
Hornsea, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I found this accommodation average because it dint include breakfast in the price and when I asked about it the lady I spoke to didn't seem too keen on doing it as she advised me to go to another place down the road.
The room was ok with 2 single beds a wardrobe and TV. The tv however didn't work as they were having problems with the sky connection.
The bar was ok but there wasn't many people in it .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I booked in here in January 2014 and have to say that place was lovely. It has a really nice bar underneath the B & B and the locals were really nice. The room itself was really clean and cosy. It was ensuite and the toilet and shower were spotless. The barman who I think was the owner was really nice and helpful. Overall it was a lovely few days in Wexford. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Simon D
Dublin
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Was very nervous about staying here as the only review I could find was awful. My twin room was spotless and cosy so I was happy with that. Fresh towels and condiments were provided. Breakfast was not included in the price and is served only at a set time. I received a warm welcome from the owner but no assistance with my heavy case and bags up 3 steep stairs, this place is not wheelchair accessible. Overall happy with my stay as it was budget accommodation my expectations were low. Lightbulb needed replacing in lamp in my room but it kettle with tea & coffee was welcome seeing as breakfast was going to cost €7 extra. This place is nice for what is it is - basic budget accommodation.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We arrived in the middle of a halloween celebration in the pub and struggled to communicate with the overworked bar staff that we had booked a room for two nights online.

After filling out a couple of forms on the bar in busy pub, he ushered us to the door to the rooms and dropped a keycard in my hand. On our way upstairs, I noticed that the keyring had a 6 on one side and a 9 on the other. I figured we may as well just try the key since it will only work in one of the doors...

So, I opened room 6 and woke some poor guy who was clearly shocked to see me. I apologised, closed the door and we let ourselves into room 9. Our neighbour in room 10 heard the commotion and we had a little chat, following which I tried my keycard in his door and, low and behold, my card opened his door too. This made us pretty nervous about security, so we left our valuables in a locked car park overnight. Obviously, there were never any staff around to discuss this with. We didn't see any sign of a breakfast that was apparently available in the mornings in the bar either - the door was always locked.

Other than the hassle with the keys, the room was in a poor condition. Stains on the walls, big flies buzzing around and lightbulbs missing. Also, though this is probably a dumb complaint considering we knew that we were booking into a room above a pub, the noise coming from downstairs at night was surprising. At one point, when we thought it couldn't get any louder, some idiot started chanting and using a klaxon in the pub at about 2am.

To be fair, most of this would not be an issue had the room been around €30-€40, but it was €60, so you would expect a lot better. But the key thing is worrying.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple