“Excellent Stay where the staff are the stars!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Riverbank House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Wexford
Ireland
“Excellent Stay where the staff are the stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Riverbank for 2 nights for a family wedding and we really enjoyed the stay. The staff were excellent throughout, from a courtesy call before we arrived to a bottle of water on checkout. The food was of a very good standard all weekend, the beds and pillows very comfortable, and there was no outside noise heard in the bedrooms. The shower in our room took a little while to get going in the morning (like myself!) and there was a limited choice of channels on the TV but that is just nitpicking. The hotel is not modern looking, but I think I prefer that these days when most hotels look much the same. I will certainly be back the next time I stay in Wexford.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Qzy, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. As always I am grateful of the time our guests take to review us which subsequently assists us in how we can improve and continue what works. You mentioned a couple of little things which I will of course I will look into as these would be 'big' little things to me. But on behalf of my team and I, I thank you for your kind words. We are a small hotel with an overwhelming desire to please our guests and am only too delighted this came through on your visit. I will of course pass you comments on to my team, I hope you will get an opportunity to visit us again in the not too distant future. Thank you most sincerely again. Colm Campbell, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just spent two nights here in a family room which catered for six of us double two singles a pull out bed and travel cot for toddler we were attendng a family wedding the hotel was lovely food excellent but the staff were out on their own the lady at reception was brilliant she could not have been more helpful the waiter in the bar for our meal the first night couldn't do enough to help us, the service on the day of the wedding was really fantastic. They arrived with milk and cookies for the kids before bed the first night if I needewd milk for the baby that was no problem nothing was too much trouble the kids would go back again in the morning and we will definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Catherine R, thank you for reviewing your recent stay of the Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and of course the wedding. Your comments are very much appreciated as we do try to give every guest our best attention. I will certainly pass on your thanks to my team. Lastly, a special thank you for taking the time to write this review, everyone's time is precious, to think of us as you have done means so much. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon. Kind regards, Colm Colm Campbell
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

i booked this hotel through a booking site and found that I had ticked twin room instead of double - I rectified this through the booking site straight away and forgot about it! Next day I got a call from the hotel to verify the change! Never expected this and I formed a very good impressionof the hotel straight away. On arrival we were not disappointed. The welcome was fantastic ,our table booked for dinner and our room was fine - we were staying overnight. All of the staff were very happy and friendly - not a false "friendly" and I could see that the Riverbank must be a very good place to work in. We enjoyed our meal, ate too much and ,when leaving ,got a bottle of water to-go! When we got back home I discovered I'd left my coat behind, found a message to tell me so on my phone. We were willing to go back to collect it, but was told the journey was too far, they'd post it to me and it arrived this morning. We both have nothing but praise for this hotel and can safely say that it's one of the best we've stayed in. We have no hesitation in recommending it and we'll be back again for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank book99
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear reviewer, thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Riverbank House Hotel. It was very heart warming to read your experiences and am grateful to you for sharing them with us and our perspective customers. On behalf of my team and I, thank you once again, I couldn't have described my fun loving team better myself! Please do say hello when staying again, I would love to thank you in person. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

From the wonderfully funky entrance, past the log fire through to the wonderful views of Wexford from the bar/restaurant, the Riverbank is agree at experience. Really good food including cooked to order breakfast and comfortable quiet rooms. All if this topped off by excellent service and attention by Loretta and everyone on the Riverbank team.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Footstepper,

Thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank on Tripadviser. It was with great pleasure I read it and thankful for all your kind words. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to my team and especially Loretta, being on reception, she is one of the first persons you see and possibly the last as guests leave and its nice to know she made an impression on you during your stay as indeed we all try to do. Best wishes and hope to welcome you back again. Kind regards,

Colm Campbell, General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed in the Riverbank last weekend for one night, Easter Sunday. I had received a voucher for the hotel as a gift and was unsure if I could use the voucher over a bank holiday weekend but had no hassle when I booked over the phone. On arrival we were greeted by Sheila at reception who was very friendly and helpful while checking us in. Dropped the bags up to the room and went straight down to the bar for a drink, the place was packed as it was evening time and most tables were occupied with people eating. We decided to eat in the town and after booking us a taxi Sheila then recommended a restaurant for us to try and even got us a reservation although the restaurant was very busy. Food was outstanding in The Yard restaurant and we will definetly be back next time in Wexford!! Arrived back in the hotel around 1am and were greeted by Dave, the night porter/bar man/room service person etc etc, the list goes on!! Nothing better than a yummy crisp sambo after being out on the beer, thanks a mill Dave! All in all could not fault this hotel, service outstanding from reception, bar, breakfast staff. Thanks again for making our stay enjoyable and we'll certainly be back again soon.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Sparkie83,

Thank you for your recent review of our little hotel. I am delighted you experienced what is our motto and that is "nothing is too much trouble". When I say this, and I really do believe it, good customer service comes naturally to my team as we all have a genuine willingness to exceed our guests expectations. Thank you for mentioning both Dave & Sheelagh by name, I have made sure to pass on your appreciation. We are a small hotel with a big heart, your review has warmed mine and my team as I'm sure I speak for everyone here. It is nice to know your visit was a memorable one and look forward to perhaps meeting you on your next visit. Many thanks and best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the Riverbank Hotel a few weeks ago and had a lovely time. The staff were extremely helpful from the receptionist to bar staff and house keeping. We enjoyed a fantastic meal in the restaurant on the night of arrival and the breakfast the following morning was amazing. The room had everything needed including a great shower to blow away the cobwebs from the boozy night before! I would highly recommend The Riverbank and in particular the food and friendly atmosphere and staff! A nice touch was that we were given bottled water for the journey back to Dublin that day, a little thing but very much appreciated!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Elaine

Thank you taking time to write your review of the Riverbank House Hotel very much appreciated

Quality food & service go hand in hand here at the riverbank, as I have mentioned before on Tripadviser, being a smaller 23 bed hotel indeed helps us to concentrate on being the best we can be.

I am delighted you had a wonderful stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Riverbank House Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Colm Campbell
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Checked into the Riverbank on a Thursday night and paid for an upgrade to their Bridal Suite. Loved the Art Deco feel of the hotel and thought the Bridal Suite was very charming - we especially enjoyed chillling out in the jacuzzi bath which is big enough for 2 (at a squeeze).
We ate in the bar and found both food and service to be pleasant. Particularly thought the steak option on the menu fantastic - it's rare to get a such good quality in a 6oz sirloin.
Reception was friendly and helpful, especially with driving directions to a specific shop we were looking for.
My only gripes were that the public bathrooms are very dated - the tile style and colours are jarring and a little unnerving -I suppose that just comes down to personal taste though. We also found the room quite stuffy at night. Turned the radiators right down and opened the window but it didn't make much of a difference. We were tired though and so it didn't have too much of an effect on our sleep.
We are due to return to Wexford in about a month and will have no hesitation in booking again.

Room Tip: Pay the fee for the Bridal Suite - room 215. Charming room with comfy sitting area and huge TV. Also...