“Great weekend for brothers wedding”

Riverbank House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My brother got married here in February they had the ceremony and reception at the hotel. The staff where so nice and friendly and always went out of there way for you. Most of the staff called us by name they all made us feel very special and welcome. The hotel did an amazing job of setting up the room for the ceremony and reception and made sure everything ran smoothly. On the morning of the wedding they brought anything we needed up the room with no fuss. The strap on my dress broke later that night and the lovely receptionist sowed it back together for me. They food was amazing and there was plenty of it also rooms and hotel itself it's lovely with great views out onto the river. It's only a short walk into town would recommend anyone to stay here. We all had a very special weekend. I will be going back here and more than once. Thank you to all the staff who made my brother and his wife have the best weekend of their life :)

Stayed: February 2014
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Marie J, thank you for your review uploaded today of the Riverbank House Hotel. Your outstanding review I can only say makes what we try to do all the more worth while. We do not often receive reviews on this site which incorporate our weddings, I am very appreciative of your feedback on Tripadviser as we do cater for a large number of weddings from Dublin with no real connection to Wexford except for the fact they may have stayed with us once or through a recommendation. I won't deny your lovely review will help the many wedding couples we look after in making up their mind.

I am pleased we made your brothers wedding a memorable one, some months have passed and you still remember your week-end with us, so much so you have taken the time to put your feelings to words, even now. I am always appreciative of anyone who takes the time to review their stay with us, it means a lot and while it makes us very proud to hear some lovely compliments we sincerely do learn from any constructive comments too.

From all of us at the Riverbank, thank you and hope to see you back with us soon. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here with my family after arriving off the ferry on my first visit to Ireland. Great welcome, good restaurant & the full Irish breakfast in morning was stunning. I live in Madagascar and had been looking forward to good cooked breakfast for a year and was not disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Dom C, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. Wow! Madagascar, I told my children of your review and were fascinated to know if you knew Alex, Marty or maybe Melman from the movie, I said you did....... they'll never know! I think you were our first guest from Madagascar and am delighted we did not disappoint you. While our most frequent guests are of course from Ireland, it is refreshing to know that our recipe to create our little haven is just as good for visitors from so far away. Thank you again, your review has meant a lot and will certainly encourage us to continue what we do. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your time in Ireland and delighted we were a part of it. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We got off the Rosslare ferry from Pembroke Dock and drove straight to the Riverbank House Hotel in Wexford. The reception staff came out to help us find a parking spot. It was very cheery to find an open fire crackling away in the lobby when we walked in, but it's cheeriness was outshone by the very welcoming reception staff. The hotel has a lift (bless you!!!) and we were given a lovely room at the front of the hotel overlooking the river, with a view of the bridge and the town. We were just in time for dinner in the bar area and I was beginning to think all the staff were on happy pills - very friendly people indeed. I can't remember the main course but I do remember the Baileys & Malteser Cheesecake in Butterscotch Sauce for dessert! Breakfast in the morning was delightful, although no jam for the toast for the first time on our holiday (probably an oversight). As we were booking out, the delightful Jackie told us about what we should see on our way to Waterford and we changed our itinerary (for the better) because of her suggestion. Jackie is a credit to the hotel and to Irish hospitality. Well done Riverbank House Hotel!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Survey54, thank you for your recent review the Riverbank House Hotel. You were a long way from home and am delighted we did not disappoint you or your perception of Ireland. Your review was very heart warming to read and encapsulated the very essence of the Riverbank and our overwhelming desire to create a home from home for all our guests.

Jacqui you mentioned is a true gem and will be delighted to learn of your appreciation of her efforts to assist you during your stay, she was born into the hospitality business and never disappoints.

Your missing jam at breakfast was absolutely an oversight, apologies, your understanding is appreciated and a lesson that despite our best efforts we can make mistakes and to not lose sight of this. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay in Ireland and am delighted we got your holiday in Ireland off to good start. Once again, thank you for your encouragement, I will most certainly pass on you kind words to my colleagues. Kind regards, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I seen a special offer for this hotel on deal rush so thought I'd see what it was like. When we arrived we weren't quite sure which door we were supposed to use as it wasn't clearly marked. The reception area was quite dark when we entered. The girl behind reception was very nice and checked us in. I wouldn't walk over to the town as it is quite a walk and especially if your going shopping and carrying bags. The room was nice, beds were comfy. The dinner in the hotel was nice, I had a lovely curry. Breakfast was really nice I had the vegetarian option. I did like the hotel except for location.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank jdcof23
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear jdcol23, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am disappointed you found our location beyond your preferred walking limit, I am only sorry there is nothing we can do to change this. We describe ourselves as a town hotel on the Slaney River Estuary, being at the foot of Wexford bridge looking back on Wexford town, it is as close to the town as you can get without being in it, a plus being, you don't get the noise of pubs and nite clubs clearing out early in the morning. Wexford bridge is 400 meters long, thankfully the thriving part of Wexford is immediately at the opposite side of the bridge, I am only sorry you didn't get to wonder around and soak in our medieval town. You raised a couple of points, our quirky lobby with candles and open log fire may need a few more candles! And will certainly look into better signage to mark our entrance, a very good point and appreciate you making it, it is important to see the hotel through our customers eyes sometimes as we may not always see what is right in front of our eyes or indeed in this case, what's not. As always, thank you for taking the time to write this review, I would love you to stay with us again and hope our tranquil setting might change your mind. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed for three nights whilst attending a Birthday party locally. On arrival I thought there might be a power cut as it was so dark with lots of candles and a log fire. We were given a very warm welcome by a lovely girl at reception, then went up to our room on the first floor. The room was warm, but still very dark as we looked out onto a conservatory full of stunning geraniums, but had to have the lights on all the time. The bed was large and comfortable, however the shower was rather small, and the bathroom not as clean as I would expect. We had a nice meal with friends in the bar, again the staff could not have been nicer, we were in a large group and all had our meals at the same time. The following day, after a very nice breakfast, excellent scrambled eggs, we spent the day in Wexford, returning late afternoon to get ready for the party. Unfortunately our room had not been made up, two ladies came along a while later and asked if we would like to have it done, but my husband was having a nap and I was about to go into the shower, so we declined. The following morning we had an early start, again a good breakfast, delicious fruit salad and pastries and were checked out by another extremely friendly member of staff, complete with bottles of water for our journey. Lovely Idea. Overall it was the staff who made this hotel enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Maggie H, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. It was an excellent review in my opinion, despite letting you down in some areas you covered every aspect of your stay well and have been very informative to both perspective guests and myself. Your room not being serviced before you returned I sincerely do apologise for, what I have asked my front desk staff to do is try approximate return times for guests staying over so as to avoid this in future. Some rooms do indeed have showers just 900 x 900 in size, it is an old quirky hotel and cannot be avoided, however we have some larger showers available should the need arise if we are lucky enough to have you stay with us again? On a positive note, you found what is probably the best kept secret in Wexford, the staff of the Riverbank! I cannot but agree, they are my best asset and go out of their way to please and make the hotel a home from home. Having stayed for three days you got a good feel for us and our eccentricities, our open fires, candles and dimly lit ambiance and lastly the food, our chefs and kitchen staff work quietly behind the scenes to prepare the lovely meals you experienced, I am thankful to them too as are so often forgotten. Again, thank you for your lovely review, I has been our pleasure accommodating you. Kind regards, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014

this is an average 3 star hotel. the best part is the reception area with a real log fire welcoming the visitor. the hall/conservatory has lots of old mature plants and a small trees. The bedrooms are a little dated but extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfast is great with fresh fruit and a great selection of breakfast options - including fish. Ive been here 3 times so far this year. The bar area is popular with locals out for meals and the food is scrumptious. Would return for sure.

Room Tip: river view is nice
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Siobhan G, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated and very happy to pass on to my team. Our Art Deco designed rooms are indeed dated to the 1920's and sorry they were not entirely to your liking, however will try and be more descriptive in our marketing so as not to disappoint any prospective guests, should you have meant our rooms were not up to standard I have asked for a full standards report to be done just in case. Your review has been very fair and balanced and most complimentary, an behalf of all here at the Riverbank, thank you, it is with encouragement such as you have given us we strive to do better. We look forward to seeing you again. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I recently stayed here as my partner was on a course with work, The staff accommodated our every need, They were all very helpful, polite and always greeted us with a smile. The room was very clean, along with everywhere else within the hotel, We will be staying again.

Room Tip: Room 211 is small but comfortable
1  Thank ginadixon
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Tripadviser reviewer, thank you for taking the time to review our little hotel. In a word, "Wow"! I read your title before reading your review, you truly have made our day, thank you so much! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and look forward to sharing your comments with my colleagues. It truly is encouraging to be appreciated so much and pleased you will be returning. Please do say hello when staying next so as I can say thank you in person. Kind regards, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to Riverbank House Hotel? Share your experiences!