“Excellent hotel. Great staff. Great food.”

Riverbank House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent hotel. Great staff. Great food.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just spent two nights in this hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted by Jackie, a very professional, helpful and friendly lady. The hotel is excellently placed, and we had great views over the river. The breakfast quality was outstanding on both mornings and this follows through to the restaurant, as the hotel seems very popular for food. A good selection of generously portioned food looks the order of the day. Our room was very clean and, more importantly, very quiet. There was a full blown party going on on night 1, but we couldn't hear it from our room, which was great. A very reasonable rate, coupled with excellent quality and staff who were professional to a fault. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Carl2112, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Riverbank House Hotel. On behalf of my team, I appreciate very much the time spent in writing such a lovely review as it is very well written and covers all aspects of the hotel which I hope future guests will appreciate. I will certainly pass on to Jacqui at reception your kind words as she will be delighted you specifically mentioned the assistance she gave during your stay. There is not a lot more I can say other than thank you, I sincerely hope you get to stay with us again as would love to say hello and thank you in person. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Wirral
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I thought our stay at the Riverbank House Hotel was just perfect. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, nothing seemed too much trouble for them. We used the restaurant each evening and found the food was delicious and plentiful. Our room was spacious and very pleasant. We didn't want to leave. We looked forward to breakfasting as the menu was extensive and the food was cooked to a very high standard.

Only negative was the bathroom shower was tiny and as it was a disabled room, my husband found it a struggle to get in and out of the shower safely. My 89 year old Mother-in-law had a disabled room too and was too nervous to try the shower on her own.

All things considered, I cannot wait to go again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank suzysue40
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Suzysue40, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. The heading of your review says so much, a fantastic break is all we want for our guests and am delighted yours was such. My only regret is the difficulties your party faced due to our not having dedicated/equipped disabled rooms. Newer hotels do have these as are a building requirement but an older hotels such as the Riverbank were not thought of when built. However, I will of course during our next refurbishment period look into the possibility of retrofitting such a room. Your lovely comments are very much appreciated and look forward to welcoming you back to the Riverbank again. Kind regards, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for an overnight stay and it was excellent had a really lovely meal in the bar which was really good value for money . the beds were lovely and comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was great with a menu to choose from they also had a bowl of strawberries which considering we were in Wexford was a really nice touch.The staff were really friendly and helpful and we even got 2 bottles of water to drink on our way home we will definitely be back I( hope)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Irene C, thank you for taking the time to review the Riverbank House Hotel after your recent stay.

It is very heart warming to read your review and thankful for all the appreciation you have shown. I sincerely hope you will be back, it will be our pleasure to look after your needs once again. I will of course pass on your kind works to my team. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Redditch, England
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel made you feel welcome from the time you walked in to be met by a crackling fire on a cool November day, and a cheery smile from the receptionist. One of our rooms let it down a bit as it had a strange smell, perhaps dog friendly. It was not overpowering so we did not complain. The bar/dining area was bustling and excellent waiters put their heart and soul into the task. When our food came it was excellent, and the breakfasts were out of the top drawer. One of our party needed a blood test and the receptionist recommended a surgery where we might get in, made an appointment and drew a map of how to get there. Service above and beyond. Right on the bridge the Riverbank is easy to find, yet is a simple walk across the bridge to be in the heart of Wexford town. When we left after two days fabulous stay the receptionist pressed us with sweets, fruit and water bottles for the journey and set us on our way with just as much enthusiasm as when we had first arrived. Memorable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Ozabroad,

Many thanks for your recent excellent review of The Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that we made your stay with us a memorable one and judging by your kind words about our dedicated team, it was memorable for the right reasons!!

Here at the Riverbank House Hotel, we consistently strive to exceed customer’s expectations and provide a home from home for our valued patrons. To that end, customer feedback is crucial to what we do. I am disappointed to hear that one of the rooms let us down due to a strange odour. Please rest assured that we will thoroughly investigate this and make every effort to ensure that it does not re-occur.

I am extremely proud to read the positive comments you have made about our team and on behalf of everybody at the Riverbank House Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us, and thank you for choosing us for your stay in the beautiful town of Wexford. We hope to see you again very soon!!

Regards
Colm Campbell
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My brother got married here in February they had the ceremony and reception at the hotel. The staff where so nice and friendly and always went out of there way for you. Most of the staff called us by name they all made us feel very special and welcome. The hotel did an amazing job of setting up the room for the ceremony and reception and made sure everything ran smoothly. On the morning of the wedding they brought anything we needed up the room with no fuss. The strap on my dress broke later that night and the lovely receptionist sowed it back together for me. They food was amazing and there was plenty of it also rooms and hotel itself it's lovely with great views out onto the river. It's only a short walk into town would recommend anyone to stay here. We all had a very special weekend. I will be going back here and more than once. Thank you to all the staff who made my brother and his wife have the best weekend of their life :)

Stayed February 2014
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Marie J, thank you for your review uploaded today of the Riverbank House Hotel. Your outstanding review I can only say makes what we try to do all the more worth while. We do not often receive reviews on this site which incorporate our weddings, I am very appreciative of your feedback on Tripadviser as we do cater for a large number of weddings from Dublin with no real connection to Wexford except for the fact they may have stayed with us once or through a recommendation. I won't deny your lovely review will help the many wedding couples we look after in making up their mind.

I am pleased we made your brothers wedding a memorable one, some months have passed and you still remember your week-end with us, so much so you have taken the time to put your feelings to words, even now. I am always appreciative of anyone who takes the time to review their stay with us, it means a lot and while it makes us very proud to hear some lovely compliments we sincerely do learn from any constructive comments too.

From all of us at the Riverbank, thank you and hope to see you back with us soon. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager.
Antananarivo, Madagascar
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here with my family after arriving off the ferry on my first visit to Ireland. Great welcome, good restaurant & the full Irish breakfast in morning was stunning. I live in Madagascar and had been looking forward to good cooked breakfast for a year and was not disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Dom C, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. Wow! Madagascar, I told my children of your review and were fascinated to know if you knew Alex, Marty or maybe Melman from the movie, I said you did....... they'll never know! I think you were our first guest from Madagascar and am delighted we did not disappoint you. While our most frequent guests are of course from Ireland, it is refreshing to know that our recipe to create our little haven is just as good for visitors from so far away. Thank you again, your review has meant a lot and will certainly encourage us to continue what we do. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your time in Ireland and delighted we were a part of it. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We got off the Rosslare ferry from Pembroke Dock and drove straight to the Riverbank House Hotel in Wexford. The reception staff came out to help us find a parking spot. It was very cheery to find an open fire crackling away in the lobby when we walked in, but it's cheeriness was outshone by the very welcoming reception staff. The hotel has a lift (bless you!!!) and we were given a lovely room at the front of the hotel overlooking the river, with a view of the bridge and the town. We were just in time for dinner in the bar area and I was beginning to think all the staff were on happy pills - very friendly people indeed. I can't remember the main course but I do remember the Baileys & Malteser Cheesecake in Butterscotch Sauce for dessert! Breakfast in the morning was delightful, although no jam for the toast for the first time on our holiday (probably an oversight). As we were booking out, the delightful Jackie told us about what we should see on our way to Waterford and we changed our itinerary (for the better) because of her suggestion. Jackie is a credit to the hotel and to Irish hospitality. Well done Riverbank House Hotel!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Survey54, thank you for your recent review the Riverbank House Hotel. You were a long way from home and am delighted we did not disappoint you or your perception of Ireland. Your review was very heart warming to read and encapsulated the very essence of the Riverbank and our overwhelming desire to create a home from home for all our guests.

Jacqui you mentioned is a true gem and will be delighted to learn of your appreciation of her efforts to assist you during your stay, she was born into the hospitality business and never disappoints.

Your missing jam at breakfast was absolutely an oversight, apologies, your understanding is appreciated and a lesson that despite our best efforts we can make mistakes and to not lose sight of this. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay in Ireland and am delighted we got your holiday in Ireland off to good start. Once again, thank you for your encouragement, I will most certainly pass on you kind words to my colleagues. Kind regards, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Best Western Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel

Been to Riverbank House Hotel? Share your experiences!