“beautiful”

Riverbank House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was fabulous, the atmosphere, the food, the views, the location. Our room was comfortable and roomy, the bathroom was lovely with a large tub for soaking. I loved this hotel, the bar had a nice warm feel to it and the food was delicious, one of the best meals I had during our stay in Ireland. The staff were polite and informative and more then helpful, we plan on returning to this hotel on our next trip to this wonderful country

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angie0226
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dearangie0226,

Thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House hotel. I see you were a long way from home and delighted to have made such an impression on you while on your visit to Ireland. I won't deny it was very pleasing to read the very nice comments about the many aspects of our little hotel.

I appreciate very much the time you have taken to write such a lovely review, it will certainly pass on your kind word to my colleagues. Please do when next in Ireland look us up, we'd be delighted to have you back.

Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Riverbank House Hotel

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped for bar food on 16/07/'14 and we were very impressed. The nicest bar food we have had in ages. We ordered the steak burger and the Thai green curry. Both were delicious. The hand cut chips and Thai prawn crackers were lovely. The two men working in the bar, who served our drinks and food were really very friendly, helpful and professional. Well done. Only living 40 minutes away so we will be back for food again for sure. The BBQ evening sounds very tempting too.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Amanda K, thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Riverbank House Hotel. I won't deny it was pleasing to read and indeed to see we has been your first review on Tripadviser, that you enjoyed your visit and experience to prompt you to do so, for this thank you most sincerely as appreciate your time also joining Tripadviser and reviewing out little hotel.

I will most certainly pass on your lovely comments to my colleagues and as you mentioned you don't live too far away hope to see you and to thank you on your next visit?

In the meantime, thank you once again for sharing your experience with us. Kind regards, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was our second visit to the Riverbank, we stayed for 3 days this trip and it wasnt enough to enjoy all this hotel has to offer, the views over the river at night have to be experienced, the staff must have been hand picked they are so polite, so helpful and friendly, the reception staff are world class, they always have a smile and a laugh with you on arrival and departure, the food is excellent and very well presented by smiling servers, the breakfast is served up to you and not carvery style, we asked for a room with a river view and we were told they had all been booked, well what a surprise we had in store, the hotel gave us the bridal suite as a gesture of goodwill as we were return guests, a four poster bed, a spa bath, and bottles of spring water, what more can I say except we will be back, if you have a sweet tooth stay away from reception as the sweet jar is too tempting,thanks to all the staff for making our stay so memorable , see you real soon. PS on departure we were given a bag with 2 bottles of spring water for our drive home, all other hotels take note its the little surprises at the end of your stay that make an impact on the guest, looking forward to our next stay, thanks to all at the Riverbank, Gerry, Mary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Stewartgerry7, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. Your review was so lovely I've read it again and again, it had such detail it must have taken some time to write and am bowled over you took this time for us and our little hotel. You have gone out of your way and for this I am very grateful, such comments really do make all our efforts to make our guests not just feel welcome but feel at home too and all the more worth while. I am all the more disappointed we were not able to accommodate you with an estuary view but am pleased you liked your room allocated. As you by now know after your couple of trips here, we are a small 23 bedroom hotel, we have built up a large number of repeat guests and try our best to accommodate everyone. Hopefully next time we'll be able to ensure that sunset view for you! Thank you once again on behalf of my colleagues and I , your review really has made our day! Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Riverbank House Hotel is just over the bridge - an easy walk to town to see the sights. Our bedroom was amazing - the large room had a couch in the sitting area, a spa bath and the four poster bed was maybe the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
The staff were uniformly efficient and genuinely friendly, but not in that American-style "Have a nice day" when they really don't care.
A really great breakfast, with fresh fruit (the most enormous strawberries!) as well as the usuals in the Irish breakfast. The fruit smoothie is highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fiona B, thank you for your recent Review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and for taking the time to share your experience. I think highly of Tripadviser reviews as are from actual guests rather than self promotion, while sometimes we get constructive comments these only help me steer the ship in the right direction as it were. Equally your lovely review helps me to know we are on the right course! Enough of the nautical analogies, really what I'm trying to say is Thank You! From all of us here at the Riverbank, your review has made us proud to have served you hope you can return someday to visit us again. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Really nice place staff very nice 5* service we both had a great night in the bar room service were very polite and courteous will be back soon we wish we had booked another night didn't want to leave at all thanks again

• Stayed: July 2014
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear GaryS, thank you for your recent review, apologies I'm a few days late in responding, the time of year means In like to spend more time on the floor. Your review was just lovely to read and was a pleasure to let my team know how much you enjoyed your stay. As always anyone who takes time out of their busy lives to review our little hotel is so very much appreciated. I am so pleased you experienced what we try so hard to do here in creating a home from home, thank you for choosing the Riverbank and really do hope you will return as we would love to have you back. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just spent two nights in this hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted by Jackie, a very professional, helpful and friendly lady. The hotel is excellently placed, and we had great views over the river. The breakfast quality was outstanding on both mornings and this follows through to the restaurant, as the hotel seems very popular for food. A good selection of generously portioned food looks the order of the day. Our room was very clean and, more importantly, very quiet. There was a full blown party going on on night 1, but we couldn't hear it from our room, which was great. A very reasonable rate, coupled with excellent quality and staff who were professional to a fault. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Carl2112, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Riverbank House Hotel. On behalf of my team, I appreciate very much the time spent in writing such a lovely review as it is very well written and covers all aspects of the hotel which I hope future guests will appreciate. I will certainly pass on to Jacqui at reception your kind words as she will be delighted you specifically mentioned the assistance she gave during your stay. There is not a lot more I can say other than thank you, I sincerely hope you get to stay with us again as would love to say hello and thank you in person. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I thought our stay at the Riverbank House Hotel was just perfect. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, nothing seemed too much trouble for them. We used the restaurant each evening and found the food was delicious and plentiful. Our room was spacious and very pleasant. We didn't want to leave. We looked forward to breakfasting as the menu was extensive and the food was cooked to a very high standard.

Only negative was the bathroom shower was tiny and as it was a disabled room, my husband found it a struggle to get in and out of the shower safely. My 89 year old Mother-in-law had a disabled room too and was too nervous to try the shower on her own.

All things considered, I cannot wait to go again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank suzysue40
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Suzysue40, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. The heading of your review says so much, a fantastic break is all we want for our guests and am delighted yours was such. My only regret is the difficulties your party faced due to our not having dedicated/equipped disabled rooms. Newer hotels do have these as are a building requirement but an older hotels such as the Riverbank were not thought of when built. However, I will of course during our next refurbishment period look into the possibility of retrofitting such a room. Your lovely comments are very much appreciated and look forward to welcoming you back to the Riverbank again. Kind regards, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to Riverbank House Hotel? Share your experiences!