“3star hotel with 5star service!”

and 1 more site!
Riverbank House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Dublin, Ireland
“3star hotel with 5star service!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night, myself, husband and 2kids. Its a 3star hotel and the furnishings are a little dated in bedroom. BUT the bed was amazing, the duvet and pillows so crisp and fluffy we all had the best sleep. Theres great food in the bar and extremely family friendly. We also found the breakfast very good with a lovely seaview too! The reception lady wad so helpful and wrnt out of her way to spoil our little boy. Im fact, Ive stayed in many 5star hotels and the sevice here was in that league. Excellent family hotel with excellent service and spotless if not a little old fashioned rooms. All in all, 5stars!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Caroline D, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. It is with great pride that I read it, I truly am so pleased you received the quality service we aim to provide and thank you for sharing your experience with myself and all the other Tripadvider users. I'm pleased you noticed our 100% Siberian Goose down duvets and pillows, they are the icing on the cake on any bed, when staying in a hotel I believe the number one thing is a good nights sleep and delighted you got that! I premise to look into some dated furnishings you mentioned, it would be nice to have everything just right so will make it my business to do so. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was fabulous, the atmosphere, the food, the views, the location. Our room was comfortable and roomy, the bathroom was lovely with a large tub for soaking. I loved this hotel, the bar had a nice warm feel to it and the food was delicious, one of the best meals I had during our stay in Ireland. The staff were polite and informative and more then helpful, we plan on returning to this hotel on our next trip to this wonderful country

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angie0226
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dearangie0226,

Thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House hotel. I see you were a long way from home and delighted to have made such an impression on you while on your visit to Ireland. I won't deny it was very pleasing to read the very nice comments about the many aspects of our little hotel.

I appreciate very much the time you have taken to write such a lovely review, it will certainly pass on your kind word to my colleagues. Please do when next in Ireland look us up, we'd be delighted to have you back.

Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped for bar food on 16/07/'14 and we were very impressed. The nicest bar food we have had in ages. We ordered the steak burger and the Thai green curry. Both were delicious. The hand cut chips and Thai prawn crackers were lovely. The two men working in the bar, who served our drinks and food were really very friendly, helpful and professional. Well done. Only living 40 minutes away so we will be back for food again for sure. The BBQ evening sounds very tempting too.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Amanda K, thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Riverbank House Hotel. I won't deny it was pleasing to read and indeed to see we has been your first review on Tripadviser, that you enjoyed your visit and experience to prompt you to do so, for this thank you most sincerely as appreciate your time also joining Tripadviser and reviewing out little hotel.

I will most certainly pass on your lovely comments to my colleagues and as you mentioned you don't live too far away hope to see you and to thank you on your next visit?

In the meantime, thank you once again for sharing your experience with us. Kind regards, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Dublin
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was our second visit to the Riverbank, we stayed for 3 days this trip and it wasnt enough to enjoy all this hotel has to offer, the views over the river at night have to be experienced, the staff must have been hand picked they are so polite, so helpful and friendly, the reception staff are world class, they always have a smile and a laugh with you on arrival and departure, the food is excellent and very well presented by smiling servers, the breakfast is served up to you and not carvery style, we asked for a room with a river view and we were told they had all been booked, well what a surprise we had in store, the hotel gave us the bridal suite as a gesture of goodwill as we were return guests, a four poster bed, a spa bath, and bottles of spring water, what more can I say except we will be back, if you have a sweet tooth stay away from reception as the sweet jar is too tempting,thanks to all the staff for making our stay so memorable , see you real soon. PS on departure we were given a bag with 2 bottles of spring water for our drive home, all other hotels take note its the little surprises at the end of your stay that make an impact on the guest, looking forward to our next stay, thanks to all at the Riverbank, Gerry, Mary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Stewartgerry7, thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. Your review was so lovely I've read it again and again, it had such detail it must have taken some time to write and am bowled over you took this time for us and our little hotel. You have gone out of your way and for this I am very grateful, such comments really do make all our efforts to make our guests not just feel welcome but feel at home too and all the more worth while. I am all the more disappointed we were not able to accommodate you with an estuary view but am pleased you liked your room allocated. As you by now know after your couple of trips here, we are a small 23 bedroom hotel, we have built up a large number of repeat guests and try our best to accommodate everyone. Hopefully next time we'll be able to ensure that sunset view for you! Thank you once again on behalf of my colleagues and I , your review really has made our day! Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Kapiti
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The Riverbank House Hotel is just over the bridge - an easy walk to town to see the sights. Our bedroom was amazing - the large room had a couch in the sitting area, a spa bath and the four poster bed was maybe the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
The staff were uniformly efficient and genuinely friendly, but not in that American-style "Have a nice day" when they really don't care.
A really great breakfast, with fresh fruit (the most enormous strawberries!) as well as the usuals in the Irish breakfast. The fruit smoothie is highly recommended.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Fiona B, thank you for your recent Review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and for taking the time to share your experience. I think highly of Tripadviser reviews as are from actual guests rather than self promotion, while sometimes we get constructive comments these only help me steer the ship in the right direction as it were. Equally your lovely review helps me to know we are on the right course! Enough of the nautical analogies, really what I'm trying to say is Thank You! From all of us here at the Riverbank, your review has made us proud to have served you hope you can return someday to visit us again. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Really nice place staff very nice 5* service we both had a great night in the bar room service were very polite and courteous will be back soon we wish we had booked another night didn't want to leave at all thanks again

• Stayed July 2014
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear GaryS, thank you for your recent review, apologies I'm a few days late in responding, the time of year means In like to spend more time on the floor. Your review was just lovely to read and was a pleasure to let my team know how much you enjoyed your stay. As always anyone who takes time out of their busy lives to review our little hotel is so very much appreciated. I am so pleased you experienced what we try so hard to do here in creating a home from home, thank you for choosing the Riverbank and really do hope you will return as we would love to have you back. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just spent two nights in this hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted by Jackie, a very professional, helpful and friendly lady. The hotel is excellently placed, and we had great views over the river. The breakfast quality was outstanding on both mornings and this follows through to the restaurant, as the hotel seems very popular for food. A good selection of generously portioned food looks the order of the day. Our room was very clean and, more importantly, very quiet. There was a full blown party going on on night 1, but we couldn't hear it from our room, which was great. A very reasonable rate, coupled with excellent quality and staff who were professional to a fault. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Carl2112, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Riverbank House Hotel. On behalf of my team, I appreciate very much the time spent in writing such a lovely review as it is very well written and covers all aspects of the hotel which I hope future guests will appreciate. I will certainly pass on to Jacqui at reception your kind words as she will be delighted you specifically mentioned the assistance she gave during your stay. There is not a lot more I can say other than thank you, I sincerely hope you get to stay with us again as would love to say hello and thank you in person. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Best Western Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel

Been to Riverbank House Hotel? Share your experiences!