St. George Guest House
Riverbank House Hotel(Wexford)(Great Value!)
US$153
Ashfield House(Killinick)
Hotels.com
Hotel Rosslare(Rosslare)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfull irish breakfastb btown centrelocated minuteshost michaellovely guesthousetraditional irish musicsecure parkingcar parktea and coffee facilitiesevery morningexcellent breakfastgreat place to staywexford festivalwithin walking distanceexcellent locationnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here on a hen recently and the owners were absolutely lovely, very accommodating and flexible. Lovely house well kept with various sized rooms for different parties and a comfy auld sleep too. Well worth a stay!! Very clean!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aislinn L
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was a perfect place to stop for the night in Wexford. The proprietor, Michael, could not have been more kind or helpful. He wanted to know if he could help us with plans around town. We were all about the music in Ireland. He said there was a concert in town and we might enjoy it, and gave us alternatives if that wasn't what we wanted to do. Being rebels, we went to a place he hadn't suggested in the pouring rain because we heard there were musicians doing a traditional session there. Well, after being soaked to the skin because it was the farthest pub in town, we were disappointed that the band had bailed, so to speak, and we missed our opportunity for live music there. We talked to Michael the next day, whose wife had attended the suggested concert and found it to be brilliant. Next time we will listen to Michael!! He had suggested two other places, one where we ate dinner, and one where we had a late night drink and heard a singer. Both were excellent.

The room we had was perfect in every way. It was comfortable and had everything we needed, including tea, which was great upon arrival. The breakfast was delicious. It was a very brief stay but we really liked the St. George and especially Michael who was also helpful getting us to Bannow to explore our roots! It's obvious he cares about his guests!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelbugs5
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Fantastic B&B! Facilities were excellent, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious as well. Michael, the owner went out of his way to make us feel welcome. Stayed two separate nights at the start and end of a bike trip, 2 different rooms and both were superb. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keith W
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Yes, right off the bat I'm going to mention the tight parking if you have a vehicle as it's something that I wish I had known about. However, DON'T let that put you off. The proprietor will make room for you to park, and will even be kind enough if you aren't comfortable with tight driving conditions to safely and efficiently park your vehicle himself.

From the moment I arrived, it was to a warm welcome: my bags were carried up for me, the heat turned on, and the time of breakfast was left up for me to decide (rather than being told "this is when you will either have breakfast or go without). I was even asked if the check-out was ok for me, rather than "You need to be off the premises by x-o'clock" that I've found at other places. The bed was comfortable and the wifi worked without a hitch. Top notch! The owner is a saint!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank CapeCodNurse
Reviewed 8 June 2014

From the moment we arrived we received an incredibly warm welcome. Great location and amazing group of people that run the St. George. So accommodating and willing to help us make the most of our trip. Definitely will visit again on my next trip to Wexford.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends