“Fabulous food”

Ranked #15 of 139 Restaurants in Wexford
Price range: US$7 - US$23
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Vine is set in a mid 19th century listed building in the heart of Wexfords Main Street since 2001. The kitchen is part of the dramatic high ceilinged dining room so Chef Raywat and his family are on view re-creating the taste of his native North Thailand .The atmosphere is laid back during the week and lively at the weekend. We love feeding individuals, couples, families or groups of 8 to 80.
Newbridge, Ireland
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We visited while on a weekend break to Wexford. To quote my travelling companion "It was worth the journey for this meal alone" ! Definitely up there with best meal ever. Fish was just delicious.

• Visited January 2014

Wexford, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had a lovely meal there last Saturday. The place was full, so that indicates it still has a high standard. I always have the mixed starter combo to give a little taste of what's on offer and added in the tempura vegetables and both platters were enough for the 4 of us to get going. Everything was fresh and flavoursome.

For a main course, I had the Fillet Beef Thai Green Curry and it was beautiful. It is not often that I can't finish a meal but the amount of beef in it beat me this time. Two of our group had the daily special of Duck & Prawn and both gave it top marks. The 4th member of the group had the Duck 'off the bone' from the standard menu but reported that there was either a big piece of bone in it or a portion of gristle. It didn't not take away from her enjoyment.

We were served by 4 different waiting staff during the evening, which is slightly odd, but not one item of our order was incorrect or delayed. Only criticism of the place would be the small wine list, but the bottle suggested by one of the servers was lovely.

Starter combo for 2, another starter, 4 mains, 2 extra sides, 1 desert, 2 coffees and 2 bottles of wine worked out at €160.Not bad value and I've paid more elsewhere and not enjoyed it as much

We'll be back

• Visited November 2013
Wexford, Ireland
“Fab restaurant gorgeous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Definitely the best restaurant in Wexford..food is great every time and I would highly recommend the chicken satay and the beef in red wine and ginger is the nicest Thai dish I have ever tasted...brilliant chatty noisy atmosphere and very friendly staff..overall great place for a night out either as a couple or as a group..5 stars

• Visited October 2013
Ireland
“Great for social gatherings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I have been to the Vine on lots of occasions for lots of different types of dining.

The first time, I was on a date and it was a mid week early bird special (one of the reasons we went in). We found it charming and the staff were lovely. Im not a fan of Thai food at all! But I had the chicken satay starter which is favourite dish now, and it was so good!

To follow I had the Thai green curry, which was lovely. There was a lovely lemon scent through it which kept it fresh and light. Dessert is always nice here and while I have to say that overall - it is a little expensive - but they do have offers and meal deals which is a great time to visit.

Mostly, my visits to this place have been on staff nights out and birthday parties. This is where the place really shines.

Some of the best staff nights out have been here - the layout means that everyone is kept together instead of grouped off - its merry and relaxed, you never feel that the staff are under pressure or just waiting for you to finish.

Most of the other bookings seemed to be similar to ours - there weren't too many couples at all.

Perfect for a group of friends, a staff night out, birthday parties, hen weekends etc

1 Thank lyra23
Dublin, Ireland
“Cheap and cheerful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had a good experience in Vine, food was good an reasonable and staff were friendly .. but unfortunately the service was exceptionally slow we had a half an hour wait between starter and main coarse, I found the building grubby and I was disappointed that they didn't appear to have wheelchair access, my son was on crutches and had to climb two flights of stairs.
I would go again for the food but I think wheelchair access should be something that is seriously considered to give people with disabilities the same opportunity.

• Visited August 2013