My wife and I stayed at the Woodenbridge Hotel for 2 or 3 nights bed and breakfast and one evening meal ; included in the promotion. We had a lovely meal in the bar when we were not using the restaurant. We stayed in the Lodge part of the hotel, our 2 nd visit. We would have liked to stay in the old part but there was a wedding party and maybe they had booked that section. The lodge is fine. It is modern, rooms are spacious with views of a strong flowing river. Good and free car parking. an ideal location for touring Wicklow or playing golf. I assume the local club welcomes visitors.
The wedding party had a disco on Friday night in the ballroom attached to the old hotel so we were glad we stayed in the Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the vale of Avoca, one of Ireland’s most beautiful locations, and established in 1608, Woodenbridge hotel is the oldest hotel in Ireland and one of the few remaining family-run hotels. The hotel itself overlooks the vale of Avoca and the amazing Woodenbridge golf club, while Woodenbridge lodge is adjacent to the main hotel and is surrounded by peaceful gardens on the banks of the Aughrim River. All of the rooms are en-suite and with complimentary wireless access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodenbridge Hotel And Lodge
- Woodenbridge Hotel Arklow
- Best Western Woodenbridge Hotel
- Best Western Arklow
- Arklow Best Western