“Relaxing hotel”
Review of Arklow Bay Hotel

Arklow Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Arklow
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Enjoyed a relaxing b & b + dinner in this hotel. Lovely atmosphere when on entering and staff v accommodating. The only complaint would be the choice on the dinner menu not great, better to eat in the bar. Also the rooms could be better sound proofed anyone talking loud in corridors could be heard easily when trying to get asleep.

Room Tip: Ask for room at front for sea view. Back bedrooms have an awful view and much darker
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tessa100

Reviewed 8 April 2013

the staff in the hotel were very polite and helpfully, hotel room was spotless , swimming pool was very cold witch was a let down and the towels you got at the pool were very small wouldnt even fit around my head to hold my hair in

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I travelled with my young son for 2 nights mid week I booked a twin room online but was given a double which was nicely decorated but very very small . We were on ground floor which was very noisy it was easter holidays so hotel was full of children.
We ate in the restaurant the 1st night the food was beautiful and staff were very friendly but for breakfast next morning it was a different story , the lady showing people to table was very rude she gave out to my son who is special needs for kicking table while i was away from the table getting breakfast, my son wasnt being "bold" he needs to regulate himself sometimes, she had no place to scold my son or any child .The Breakfast itself was very cold both mornings.
The Leisure centre was nice and staff were very friendly.
Arklow itself hasn't got much to do you need a car to visit a lot of the nearby attractions. There is a new shopping centre nearby with a cinema which is good .
Overall we enjoyed our visit to Arklow .

Room Tip: Ground floor was very noisy
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Arklow, a nice quiet little town.......hotel next door to Fitness centre........nice location, very cosy and food excellent )breakfast was as good as I've had anywhere..............a little gem on the east coast of ireland

Room Tip: excellent breakfast, just off the dublin wexford road.....ideal for a wekkend away woth the other ha...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank feefeen0303
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for a night over the Christmas break. Our room, on first appearance was small but decent however we found it overlooked the roof of the reception and was directly in front of the pitched window looking into the reception which meant we had to close the curtains for privacy. The roof which we overlooked, was littered with a variety of discarded ladders and electrical monitors, spoiling our view completely. We had a three course dinner in the hotel restaurant which was finished in less than an hour, each course was served at break neck speed and the food was average. Our room was very noisy, we were awoken by our neighbours at 1am and again at 7am, At breakfast I approached the receptionist regarding the noise only to be told 'let's hope they aren't staying tonight!!'. I thought this was quite an unsatisfactory excuse. When I returned home I wrote to the hotel expressing my concerns. I waited a month for a response and eventually had to send two emails to get a response, only to be told my letter had 'never arrived' which I would question. In the end we were sent a voucher for dinner for two however this would mean we would have to fork out for a night's stay again which we won't be doing. Obviously a hotel in transition but they could do with some training in customer service and a better postman!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dublin_Ireland9
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We didn't have a terrible time, staff were friendly and helpful but the hotel was a little tired in places. It would be suitable to stay for a night out in Arklow but not if you're looking for a little time away from home to chill in your hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The building and location is ok everything else is run like Fawlty Towers I emailed the manager because she request to be informed on this site but never even replied with an excuse the sheets had not even been charge the food look to risky I had paid for a restaurant meal but they placed a reserved signed on the bar table they even try to over charged me when booking out
Avoid at all costs

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thomasw64
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arklow
Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge
The Royal Hotel Arklow
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Arklow Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!