“dirty yard,”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
WICKLOW
“dirty yard,”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great value for money eat here a lot but on comming in the back door at the rear of the pub is very dirty a tin bucket with empyy cans a nd cigerete butts lots of weeds very off putting hope they read there reviews and do something about it.

kildare
“amazing value and service”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very busy Friday 22 of us landed in Jack Whites (9 adults and 13 children) . could not have been more accomadating. Great food 3 courses for 15 euro, kids menu just as good. Great choice and very tasty. Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2014
“Terrible Food & Service... Will Never Go Back!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Went here for lunch on a Saturday a few weeks ago with some friends. I've heard some good things in the past so expected decent pub grub.

However it was truly awful from the beginning. We were left standing by the til as waitresses zoomed past without even acknowledging us. We asked two waitresses if there was a table available for which the replies were "I don't know" and "Have a look for one". Really we should have left at that point but foolishly we found a table. It was still covered in dessert plates, glassware and crumbs etc. from the previous customers. We waited as the waitresses stood together at the til and spoke instead of serving us. I'll point out now that the entire restaurant was an absolute mess and while I understand it was busy there were plenty of staff and they just simply were not working efficiently.

Eventually a waitress came and handed us menus, however she left all of the previous customers dirt, plates etc. on the table for another while. We were obviously shocked by this. She then came back and "cleared" the table however there were still wet marks from the glassware and crumbs on the table. What crumbs she did clean off the table were brushed onto my friends lap!! Again I wonder why we stayed.

The menu was quite limited but it was lunch time and it is more of a pub than a restaurant. Our drinks took a long time to be delivered to our table and were practically thrown at the corner of the table no one was sitting on with "here's your drinks" grunted at us.

The food took a long time to come. The two pizzas and sides that came with them came first while the cold salad took another five minutes. Makes no sense. The waitress had also got one of the orders wrong but as we had waited so long we accepted the food as it was. No one was happy with their food. The ceasar salad was an absolute joke. Pretty much a bowl of mayonaise, large chunks of cold boiled chicken, lettuce and stale croutons. The waitress never checked on us during our meal but did walk by us multiple times with a sour face.

We decided to leave after dinner without dessert to avoid further disappointment however there would be more. When we went to pay I mentioned all the above to the only other waitress present that was older than me, presuming she would have some authority. I expected her to deal with our complaint and she was nice enough as I was explaining what had happened but then she went over to one who had been serving us and proceeded to look over and talk about us. Then our lovely waitress came over and was nothing but rude. She was extremely defensive and snappy and I'm honestly shocked that she thought it was acceptable to speak to a paying customer the way she did. I received answers like "well the food has nothing to do with me" (well ok shall I go into the kitchen and talk to the chef then??!!) and "well everyone else that eats here is happy!" (um ok you have like 60 cent in your tip jar and even if everyone else from here until the end of time was happy you have three unhappy customers in front of you now). In the end she pretty much barked "well all I can say is sorry!" at me.

If she had been gracious about it, the bad food and service really could have been forgiven. I can't believe staff are allowed to speak to customers that way. Truly disappointing and really lets the business down.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Michelle G
Wicklow, Ireland
“Lovely food to a very reasonable price”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went for Sunday dinner to Jack Whites as someone recommended it to me. Had Garlic Mushrooms, Lasagna and Waffel and it was all lovely. Staff is friendly and helpfull. Good value at €15.00 for a 3 course meal.

Oranmore, Ireland
“I haven't had a more wretched dining experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We went here on a recommendation. The omens were good as we pulled in-very difficult to find parking and even more difficult to get a table-the place was hopping. There was a terrific selection and a very tempting set menu (with supplements for certain main courses) available.

The service was glacial-both in terms of efficiency and the waiter's etiquette. Glasses and plates were banged down on the table and the food was of poor quality; limp lettuce in the Caesar Salad and the bruschetta was soggy and looked like it had been prepared by a child. When the main course arrived after a very lengthy wait, it was a bitter disappointment. The Hunter's chicken looked like it had been regurgitated by a gun dog and was swimming in grease. The chicken goujons didn't appear to contain any breast meat and were extremely greasy, as were the chips, which were both overcooked and relatively cold. The Coca-Cola was flat.

The chocolate fudge cake looked ok but was dry and the accompanying ice cream was of that dreadful watery variety-more ice than cream. The banoffee pie was merely ok-like the effort of a novice.

Being Irish, I didn't complain, and whilst I could handle the food being a disappointment, it was the curmudgeonly attitude of the waiter which really riled me. I didn't even hang around to use the toilet, and wasn't surprised to hear that the ladies' was in bad shape.

• Visited July 2014