“School Visit”

Birds Ireland Workshops & Tours
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in Wicklow
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Ireland's wonderful birds, wildlife and natural gems with Ireland's leading bird expert, Eric 'the Birdman' Dempsey. Discover the best birding and wildlife sites in Ireland in a relaxed, fun but highly professional way with Eric, author of eight books on Ireland's birds and wildlife. If you're a photographer, join Eric on a wildlife photography day and learn the secrets of capturing nature with your camera. Or if you just want to relax and enjoy our garden birds, why not stay at The Lodge at Sycamore Hill which is Eric and Hazel's home (along with Suzie the dog, two cats and the various wild animals and birds that call this place home!). Come join us for a nature day you will never forget. See our website or make contact with us for further details.
“School Visit”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We invited Eric to St. Brigid's G.N.S. this week as part of the Heritage in Schools Scheme. Eric had a wonderful rapport with the children and shared his huge store of knowledge in such a way that had children and teachers hanging on to every word.The girls were inspired to tell plenty of stories and to ask many interesting questions. As part of his presentation Eric brought us on a fascinating journey from South Africa to Ireland with the swallows and we were left with a renewed respect for our environment and our wildlife. The average score for Eric was 100 out of 10!

Visited April 2014

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“An Inspiring Speaker”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I heard Eric speak about birds at a summer course organised for teachers last summer. The day flew by as he opened our eyes to the amazing world of birds and the wonderful things that happen right outside our windows. I was delighted to be able to invite him to talk to the children in our school last week and the (4 to 12 year old) children were spell-bound too. He had them all entranced and, who knows, may well have inspired them to take a keen interest in bird-watching in the future. I would love to attend one of the courses at his home as I believe they are fantastic.

Visited March 2014
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“My experience at Birds Ireland Workshop & Tours”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

One of the most exciting Saturdays I have ever spent. I know nothing about birds but like photographing them. Went there Feb 15th and what a treat. Firstly I would like to thank Eric for imparting a ton of fabulous knowledge on birds and associated subjects like feeding, cats, origin and migration and much much more. If you are lucky enough like I was to attend one of his workshops, you will be mesmerised by his delivery and the way he imparts this kniowledge and how his love of this subject jumps right out at you and hugs you, until you can hardly breath with excitement, while you try to retain and internalise his every word. Quite amazing. Then Hazel, his beautiful partner cooks up the most fantastic meal that would make any 5 star restaurant blush. And then you get to see Eric's expert colleagues ring these beautiful little creatures for recording. I had such an amazing day that I can't wait to go again. You don't need to be an expert on birds, you don't need to be a photographer, you only need to be a lover of natures wonderments and someone who wants to know a little more about these little fellows that fly into your garden. Thanks Eric and thanks Hazel....

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Viv S
Malmö
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Professional”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I hired Eric Demspey for a day's birding around Dublin. Eric is a friendly and sociable guy and the day was very well planned. I got to see and take pictures of everything I wanted to and was taken around in his comfortable 4WD. His local knowledge of both birds and areas was outstanding and he also listened to and understood my requirements. Being a professional guide/tour leader myself my expectations were high and they were fully met. Recommended.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Pomarinus
dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I have partaken in a few of Eric's courses and I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences I have had. He is fantastic at passing on the knowledge he has accrued over the years. All I can really add is that if you are in any way thinking of doing this course then just
Do it. You'll be glad you did.

Ian Stevenson