“A Very Good Vacation Spot Just Outside of Metro Manila”

Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Binangonan
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights courtesy of company team building. Facilities are up to par to hotels of its caliber, food is great, service is almost impeccable. This hotel is highly recommend for family and groups wishing to get away for a while and spend time together. Be careful though with the roads leading to the site, they are very steep and I would not be surprised if your car conks out once or twice :)

If you are on a budget, you can also bring in snacks and food. Make sure to bring in some sports and swimming gears too. Running is also recommended as the hotel is located on a hilly slope. There are also bikes that can be rented and some other leisure things you can do. And of course, the casino is there 24hrs a day.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

First time for me to write review in trip advisor. Me and my girlfriend really had one of the best days of our lives here!

We planned out a getaway either going to tagaytay, batangas, or to rizal. I insisted in going here in TBR because I was able to go here to try the food and casino before and it was very good. Plus it is the most convenient because of the free shuttle in ever which is one ride from our place. Last thursday was the first time we were able to book for an overnight stay.

From the shuttle service, to the guard, to the waiters, and the receptionists. Everyone was really accomodating and hospitable. I give them A+ for assisting us in every concern we have.

What makes them different from other places is their spacious room. It was too nice and to big. Its very relaxing because of the neatness and the size of the room. I feel so relaxed.

In terms of the view. Its perfect because the only building you will see is the resort. Other than that you will only see the nature! Its very peaceful.

Koi Restaurant (hotel restaurant) was perfect! I was expecting that the food will not be reasonable. Because usually fancy places like this normally would costs high for just a little serving of food. We were surprised with the serving! We loved the pinakbet and tilapia. Perfect food!

After we ate our dinner we tried the casino. We were lucky enough to see a band (bloomfields). And at the same time win in the casino! It was really fun because we were able to cover up our expenses in the restaurant with it.

One of the memorable experience of ours as a couple. We were able to do this fun stuffs and at the same time relax in a very quiet place. We had a rough week in the office due to loads of work. But all has been paid off when we came here to the place.

We havent tried the swimming pool. But me and my gf will definitely go back here! We are planning to bring our friends or either another couple for us to enjoy the place even more.

Place is recommendable for everyone. Whether family, friends, couple, officemates! Perfect place to relax!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AceAngelo
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The resort is generally okay. The food is delicious and the breakfast is good enough. The swimming pool is a bit small but is enjoyable especially for kids. It would not hurt if they add some slides to the pool for the kids to enjoy. The warm Jacuzzi is perfect since it gets a bit windy and cold at night.

One minor comment is that the Koi Restaurant for the breakfast is a bit inaccessible, especially if you have kids and therefore cannot go through the casino. A better view for the breakfast area will also be much appreciated. Probably they can serve breakfast in the Olives restaurant in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

If you want a quick getaway from busy manila, Thunderbird is a perfect getaway for family or couples. The rooms were clean & spacious. The staffs were friendly. The pool is just nice to appreciate the view, price is okay for all the amenities provided.

No early checked in was allowed even if we booked 5 rooms.
Food is quite pricey.Our dinner at Cabana , the food was great we all liked the Pork menu, but the breakfast in Koi Resto was very poor, not worth the price of P700 per head :( Most of the items were finished on the buffet table we need to wait & to follow up for the items to be replenished. We didn't really enjoy the breakfast.

Overall the family stay was good ... The view & the fresh is great and gives a feeling of relaxation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I visited this hotel now for the second time with my family and I still like it. The service is good and the breakfast buffet improved to my last visit. Do not get me wrong, it was already good the first time but the selction was much better this time.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the spa treatment was great. I really can recommend the chocolate scrub with massage.
I tried also biking in this area and liked it. The bikes are in good shape. The tracks are easy to find and follow. Thumbs up.

However, one minor thing what bothered me was that somehow I could not come through to the receiption via fon to book any treatment or roomservice. The fon was ringing but no answer. So I went down to the receiption for doing my bookings. Lucky me my room was close but anyways for convenience the fon should be answered anytime.

But overall I was very happy and will come back again. Definatly. Allways a good place to relaxe and escape the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Resubmitting: This is a copy of the e-mail I sent to service/manager. I will just make this as my review. I have to change/add some or translate words so everybody can understand this review.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally got the chance to sit and e-mail you. First and foremost thank you for trying to meet our needs. We enjoyed our stay December 26-28 but there are couple of things that I think you should know about our stay and maybe pass on to your manager or owner of the resort.
With what we paid we expected something better. Our first night,we were amazed with the place,the view is beautiful and majority of the staff were helpful and friendly. Our room #110 was nice and big (facing the hot tub /bay) and with a small balcony but there were molds on the ceiling of the bathroom and because we're tired we just didn't ask to be transferred. The toilet didn't function well, we had to call someone to fix it so it would flushed better,still the pressure of the water wasn't enough. They gave us towels that were old and I had to request for nicer ones :) I also had to ask for a comforter and the housekeeping said they don't provide that but they can give us Blanket so we said okay. They should still have comforters as it gets cooler at night with the air condition of course. We wanted to be comfortable.
The swimming pool/vicinity smelled! My husband saw couple of guys drinking and urinating by the bushes! Do not let people trash your resort (waste or shame) and with how much guests pays,you should have someone making rounds to the property and make sure nobody's trashing the resort and also please ask people (kids and adults) to shower first before they jump in the hot tub or swimming pool. We informed someone about this. I guessed he was the manager?
I think we can understand why (you're expensive) maybe to keep locals or people (who will make the place look ordinary) too expensive for Rizal area. We stayed in some five star hotels in Cebu and Manila and some of them were a little less than your rate and have better amenities/service.
The transportation just to be dropped off is also too high how can other people afford it? We stayed in another resort and from their resort to close by areas is only php 350-450 yours was php 700.
Anyway, I know different hotels/resorts got different rates. The resort is nice just improve on some areas/flaws and I'm sure you'll have good reviews and you won't hear me complain about the room rates :) if you charge people high rates,you have to maintain higher standard and quality don't settle on 'it's okay but No! this is not acceptable'. Don't settle on becoming low class hotel,because the rate is high aim high also in quality. Right? People are paying for it.
I don't mean to offend you or your resort but someone has to say this so you'll know and improve. Let's just say some people to include us have high standard for cleanliness and quality especially if you pay that kind of price. Its not about how much a person can pay and the name of the facility,but what you can also get with what you are paying for. Is it worth it or not?
With this said,we will still stay there if we're in the area. We just hope that with this review,you'll do better next time.
We also have some friends asking for the hotel telephone numbers. I'll send them to your resort regardless.
P.S I took a picture of the Christmas decors at the casino and when we got to the elevator going back to our room,the guard stopped me and asked to see the pictures. I said I know it's prohibited I only took the pictures or the Xmas decors not the machines :) So keep that in mind.
The casino smells so strong/cigarette odor. Take the stairs!
The food was good (we enjoyed our meal with friends at the Koi restaurant and it's good food so it's okay) staff were friendly and Ambiance is great so don't let people trash it.
Hope this helps travelers.

MarJoerie R- USA

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear MarJoerie,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking time to post in Trip Advisor about your experience here in Thunderbird Resorts Rizal. I am also pleased to know that you enjoyed your dining experience in our restaurant and that you would choose to stay here again if given the chance.

However, it is with sincere regret that you were dissatisfied with your accommodation experience. I have taken serious note of your comments and rest assured that we will be making the necessary adjustments to address these concerns and make your stay here more enjoyable the next time you visit us.

Just to keep you updated, we have strengthened our security measures to ensure that guest/s and casino patrons alike adhere to our hotel standards. We are also in the planning stage of refurbishing several rooms that need a facelift.

Thank you for taking time to inform us of your experience in our hotel. It is through this feedback such as yours that enables us to improve the quality of our products and services.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to let me know through mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia.com so I can personally attend to your immediate concerns.

Sincerely Yours,

Mike Diopenes
Hotel General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Let me start by saying Timberland is way way better than Thunderbird.

Went on Saturday, stayed for an overnight from Manila to the resort will take you about 45mins to 1 hour depends on traffic as always, I took the Manila cainta angono route on the way to Thunderbird, took me an hour. Upon reaching we were greeted by hotel staff and they are very helpful. The concierge and checking inn is a breeze, staff showed us our room and its big! two queens for 2 families, so I requested 2 more extra beds, BTW they are not strict on how many persons will stay in a room. P4,500 and night plus the 2 extra beds cost 600 each I think is a steal, cable tv cold ceiling mounted aircon mini ref and the bathroom is big too, hot and cold strong shower! Complete with basic grooming and kits, mini bar.

So upon settling in, as usuall my kids want to jump in the pool at once, pool is not that big, Jacuzzi not that hot, overlooking some trees hehe and laguna de bay, the gold course is big very green!

So I ordered triple decker sandwich with French fries and it took maybe close to an hour to make it wow! kids got hungry so I ordered the thunder burger and it took another hour again geez! Then I found out the kitchen is so far from the pool. Dinner at the Koi restaurant beside the casino. dinner was regular, not that affordable, food ranges 300 up on a small serving, and not that many choices. We had free breakfast buffet for 4 person the next day, and we payed for my 3 kids for the price of 1, buffet was regular too, Filipino continental and American breakfast, taste good to be fair, we had breakfast late so its more like a brunch hehe.

I did bring my bike and my kids bike so we went biking around the resort it was fun, cool mountain air, Bike rentals is also available at the resort at a fair price, we went to the petroglyph site near the resort and it was awesome! it was my first time to see 3000bc rock carvings.

Overall the resort is average to good, if you have a thing for casinos or golfing then this resort is for you, I didn't checked it out just peeked thru it hehe.

Timberland is much closer to the city, way better facilities, 3 big pools, kids play place, rock climbing, wide choices of food at very affordable prices 200 up. Trail running and bike trails outside the resort, better city and lake view no obstructions, and about the same overnight stay price of 4000 plus a night.

Well hope you like it, thanks for reading my personal review.

Room Tip: Opt for the pool and laguna lake view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dragster180

Dear Dragster180,

I am pleased to know that you had a hassle free check-in experience and that you were satisfied with our accommodation standards.

However, it is with sincere regret that you had an unpleasant dining experience in our poolside dining area. Rest assured that I have taken serious note of this and had addressed this concern to our F&B team. I am happy to inform you though that our Olives Restaurant is close to opening by March 2014. This Italian concept restaurant will cater to your dining needs, a stone throw away from the swimming pool.

I would also like to inform you that we have recently started the ground breaking of our 1km Zipline which will be opened by May 2014. Also, the Archery Range, adjacent to our Obstacle Course, is near its completion and will be made available to you and your family and friends by end of March 2014. Simultaneously, we will open the Paintball Course to our guests on the same date. Likewise, the additional rooms and swimming pools are in the pipeline for this year’s expansion project. We have a lot of space to utilize and we are currently in the direction of developing our property to be a complete one-stop-shop Integrated Resort.

I also understand from your post above that you are a weekend bike warrior? I am happy to inform you that we do have a 7-10km Bike Trail available here in the property. I would like to personally invite you to join our “Padyakan sa Lagoon” Anniversary Bike Race on the 12th of April 2014. I am sure you and your kids will enjoy the trail and the race itself complete with race packs and buffet lunch.

Sincerely Yours,

Mike Diopenes
Hotel General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Binangonan
8 mi away
Seven Suites Hotel Observatory
Seven Suites Hotel Observatory
#2 of 4 in Antipolo City
Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point
Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - ...
#2 of 5 in San Fernando La Union
#8 of 22 in Pasig
Loreland Farm Resort
Loreland Farm Resort
#1 of 4 in Antipolo City

Been to Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal? Share your experiences!