“New site - same great tasting experience.”

Seaside Cheese Company
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a gourmet cheese shop with specialty sandwiches and cheese plates for eat in our take out.
Glenwood, NJ
“New site - same great tasting experience.”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We took the tasting this week - did three countries (France, Switzerland and the U.S.) and were extremely pleased with our selections. But our hostess Buffi was the true star of the evening. Bubbly personality and a cheese maker in her own right, she was quite meticulous in her selections and my wife and I both felt she was not only value added to the evening, but that Buffi was quite knowledgeable and proud of her craft, which added to our enjoyment. She choose different types of brie that differed in the cheese making process, provided similar cheeses made in France and Switzerland and invited comparison, provided dried meat, stuffed olives and even pate and gave us recipe cards for some of the cheese we sampled that night (including belevetano merlot and gourmandise kirsh desert cheese).

For $35 a person, you get to stuff yourselves, try cheeses you never knew existed, get information and lore about cheeses you never knew (that the Swiss stole Tilsit from the Germans who copped it from the Russians) and you take home a doggie bag that would stun a miniature pony in it's tracks! The tastings take place after hours so it's just you and your host ...our sampling took just under two hours ... and I understand there may be a deal in the works with a local winery as well.

Take the tasting ...and may you be fortunate enough to have Buffi as your hostess.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TheAprilFools89

Milford, NJ
“Panini”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stopped here on the spur of the moment, looking for a quick lunch. I had a great panini, ham, cheese and unique pineapple spread. I was walking and they were helpful, in packaging my lunch up, to keep it warm as I walked back to the B+B where we were staying.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank NancyW421
Lewes, Delaware
“Great, imaginative sandwiches in the Cafe”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Seaside Cheese Company has recently moved to larger quarters in a new location in West Cape May (110 Park Blvd). The new facility includes Café Fromage, a small restaurant adjunct to the cheese shop. My wife and I were intrigued by the Cafe's menu and visited for a late lunch.

The menu includes some great sounding sandwiches and plates, for example: the Seaside Panini comprised of triple cream brie and carmelized walnuts with fig spread; the Paris Panini comprised of French ham, Swiss cheese, roasted pineapple, dijon mustard; the Victorian comprised of oven roasted turkey, mascarpone cheese, spring mix, sliced tomato, and cream of balsamic; a pate plate with a choice of pate, roasted peppers, and cornichons served with toast; and a cheese plate with three cheeses, fig spread, honey and crackers. On Fridays macaroni and cheese is offered, a different one each week. Many of the paninis are value-priced at $7.95.

My wife picked the macaroni and cheese, and I chose the Maryann, a panini of Brie, roasted turkey and sour cherry spread ($7.95). Like many of the panini, this one was pressed and served warm.

The Maryann was marvelous, quite large, with lots of sliced turkey and overflowing with creamy Brie, and the sour cherry spread was an inspired touch. My wife's macaroni and cheese was a generous serving and tasty, but she thought that cheeses with more distinct flavor would improve it. Since there will be a different one each week, she will try it again.

There was no waitress service; we ordered at a counter and someone brought our food to our table. I would be surprised if this didn't change as the café gains in popularity, as it surely will.

The cheese shop offers a mind-boggling selection of imported and domestic cheeses (100+), as well as cheese spreads, pates, salamis, proscuito, olives, breads...on and on.

If weight gain were not an issue, this would be a great place to hang out.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank practans
Westfield, New Jersey
“This cheese stands alone!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We did several parties this summer and always sourced our cheese and charcuterie here. The staff is very helpful, freely offering small samples and very good at wine pairings. The pate is flavorful and reasonably priced, we have some of it to last us into the winter. A regular stop on our summer route. Combine with the "bread lady" on Sunset Boulevard and you cannot do better.

Visited September 2013
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“large selection world class cheeses”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

They have a cheese plate for around $10 that includes three cheeses and some fruit and crackers and fig sauce and honey. It was a lovely snack. We took it on the ferry and bought wine to go along. I did pick 2 of my cheeses. Not sure if you can pick all three. I would buy it again. The cheeses were divine.One was the pesto cheese.....heavenly!

• Visited October 2013