“My Favorite Restaurant”

Ranked #12 of 24 Restaurants in West Cape May
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: All Organic and healthy, Vegan, Vegetarian and Fresh Fish. We strive to use as much local and seasonal ingredients as possible, supporting our local organic farmers and fisherman. Everything is homemade and made to order and fresh - no microwaves, frozen prepared foods, or canned goods here! Worth the wait, we believe that organic farming methods build healthy soil that grows healthy food that feeds healthy people that create healthy communities.
Cape May, NJ
“My Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Okay...this is my favorite restaurant! Friday night is pizza night. I love the hummus (lima bean) pizza. Imagine homemade crust that is light as air with a layer of hummus and then add a salad on top. I also like the vegetable pizza--a layer of their famous carrot sauce loaded with fresh organic vegetables. My husband loves the tuna pizza (think salad with fresh tuna on delicious bread). Add a bowl of homemade soup and your meal is complete. I have also had their vegetarian plate--which is so much food I take it home for lunch--soup, salad, beans, vegetables, and a pasta. Each one is filled with so much flavor that I can't decide what I like best. The pasta is light and delicious as well--I've had the gnocchi with carrot sauce. I love this sauce so much that I've been trying to make it at home. My husband loves his fish and has had the salmon as well as the seafood risotto. This place is a gem picked from Italy...all organic, all delicious...with many vegan options available!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank teach_graphics

Smithville, New Jersey
“Just Wonderful!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Finally got to eat here for lunch today. Loved the simple atmosphere and friendly people. The food was absolutely delicious. It is about an hour from where I live, but well worth the trip. Sure wish there were more places like this. Will definitely go back!

• Visited September 2013
Allentown, New Jersey
“Simple Seafood-Simply Wonderful”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This restaurant is in a strip mall just up Park a couple of blocks off of where you migh be. You have to look for it.
We were going to dismiss it until we read that the chef and his wife had relocated from Italy where they had run the same kind of vegetarian,vegan, fresh and local as possible ,restaurant.
We were intrigued.
I had fluke with fresh pear and a quinoa(can not spell that word right, ever) risotto. V had the fresh scallop, brown rice risotto.
The fluke was very simple just poached/steamed fillet with sliced slightly cooked pears suggesting a scale pattern down the fillet. This is a combination I would not have thought of serving but the compliment of the slightly cooked bosc pear with the fillet was beautiful tasting and a delight to the eye. The quinoa (that word again) was grainy good with small bits of veggie intermingled. The brown rice risotto with fresh scallops must have been great because V scarfed it -almost-all down until i realized it was going to get away and I forked up a bit. The brown rice had absorbed the wonderful stock just perfectly and my stingy forkful was delectable.
We had a vegan chocolate pudding with a walnut carmely spoonful of sauce on top. The pudding was made with almond milk. The chocolate flavor was dense,accented by the sugary walnut sauce. (I love you guys but Vegans just can't make a desert to satisfy me.)
Service was casual as is the place.
BYOB

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jeffrey M
Cape May, New Jersey
“Healthy and Yummy!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have been to Good Earth many times. As a local, it's the place I bring my guests. The prices are reasonable for such high quality food. The restaurant is relaxed and friendly. You will leave feeling like you just did something wonderful for your body. The social dinners (usually one a month) are a great place to meet others, while relaxing and enjoying the delicious food. Good Earth is a great place for your whole family or bring a bottle of wine to enjoy on a date night.
The owners are very conscious about the effect of their business on the planet. They buy from local organic farmers and fishermen. Even their food scraps are not waisted but go to a local organic poultry farmer.
Best place in Cape May!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank capemaylocal1223
PA
“Okay”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband is vegetarian, so we were very excited to find this restaurant. His dinner was excellent. My dinner (fish) was very good, but I would have liked to have a different side than was ordered (cold grain salad). Although the interior is very rough, that did not bother us. What did bother us is that one of the employees talked our entire dinner (to the owner and/or other guests) in such a loud voice that we could have no conversation between us.

• Visited August 2013