“Try them out”

Ranked #12 of 24 Restaurants in West Cape May
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: All Organic and healthy, Vegan, Vegetarian and Fresh Fish. We strive to use as much local and seasonal ingredients as possible, supporting our local organic farmers and fisherman. Everything is homemade and made to order and fresh - no microwaves, frozen prepared foods, or canned goods here! Worth the wait, we believe that organic farming methods build healthy soil that grows healthy food that feeds healthy people that create healthy communities.
North Cape May, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try them out”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Great vegetarian eatery the owner is from Italy and well trained very friendly there is no other restaurant in south jersey that sells truly tasty health food

• Visited June 2013

North East, Maryland
“Good food, but will not return”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We went to Cape May for the weekend,and decided to try this restaurant. The food was very good. However, the problem came in where one of the owners (the wife) wouldn't stop talking to us. Friendly is one thing, but this woman just hung around and talked and asked questions every time I bit into my sandwich. Also, their cute son was there....cute,, BUT this is a place of business....he should not be standing on the bench next to us jumping up and down. The people at the next table finished their lunch and that table was empty for at least 15 mins before another customer came in, THAT is when the owner decided that she would clean the table....not good, the tables need to be cleaned and ready for the next customers as soon as customers leave. Also a group of women came in and were seated at a table. The little boy was playing with a dish rag on the floor that he previously sprayed and wiped a table down, this boy is 3, he should not be involved in this. Well, as the women were sitting the boy picks up the rag from the floor and proceeds to wipe down the table that the women were sitting at. Cute BUT again, this is a place of business and should be handled as such. The women? They left and I don't blame them. Plus, if you are going to have a cash business, customers should know BEFORE entering the restaurant. It should not be a little sign by the register, but possibly on the outside window, as many people do not carry cash. We will not go back to this restaurant on any return visits to Cape May. I rated this 3 stars only because the food pushed it up to average. These owners need to learn how to run a business.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Michele J
goodearthcontrano, Owner at Good Earth Organic Eatery, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Good Earth. Our restaurant is out of the ordinary. We serve all organic food (the only all organic restaurant in Cape May) at a very affordable price and do this with a spirit of service to improve the health of our community. The off-season is difficult economically for us as we are only in our second year, and the solution that we have found to remaining open is to keep our three-year old son with us during the lunch hours. The Saturday you dined with us was a very busy off-season day for us, and I tried to keep our son busy by giving him a spray bottle and cloth to clean his fire engine with. Also, the women you mentioned in your review I believe left because they did not have cash (we are cash only).
Puznik11
“Attention Healthy Eaters! You finally have a place to go to in Cape May!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

In a word...wow!

Located in a strip that also houses McGlade's Backstreets (another favorite restaurant of ours), "Good Earth" as we call it is such a great surprise! The food coming out of the kitchen isn't only supremely healthy and clean, but it's also very well-thought out and delicious! To be quick:

Decor: None. The place is clean, but it's somewhat under construction since their neighbors left. Nothing extravagant as far as appearance goes, and there's only seating for maybe 15 or so, so if you're going to eat there, be sure to call ahead!

Service: Terrific! If you're able to get to know Hilary and her husband, you're the better for it! Very cordial, educated and helpful. The conversation heightened the experience, for certain.

Food: Lima bean hummus? 4 stars. Spaghetti w/ginger-carrot sauce? 4 stars. The special pizza of the night (i.e. tuna, greens, olives, etc.)? 5 stars! Being from northern NJ outside of NYC, for me to give anyone 5 stars for a pizza is rare. ESPECIALLY in Cape May, where the quality of pizza is certainly an afterthought vs. the quantity. I ate the entire pizza! Crust and all. Homemade crust + fresh organic ingredients might be the reasons, but seriously in the top 25 things I've ever eaten in 40+ years on Earth.

Dessert: Didn't have time to do dessert here, but with everything else being so good, I can't imagine it to be bad.

A very surprising and pleasurable experience…definitely recommended, but don't dress up! A very casual place for people who actually care about what goes into their bodies…and want it to taste great going in as well!

• Visited December 2013
NJ
“Just super!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I stopped in for a quick bite at lunch. With dinner reservations set for later that night, we were eating light and opted for salads. I do not rave about salads...ever.

This time, though, I must. What could have been a really simple plate of organic greens was a marvelously tasty dish that was a perfect combination of greens, fruit, and dressing. There was not a bit of food left on my plate. We took third salad home to snack on later.

We're in Cape May frequently and we'll be back to sample the rest of the menu. My advice on Good Earth is simple. GO! EAT! ENJOY!

• Visited October 2013
Cape May, NJ
“My Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Okay...this is my favorite restaurant! Friday night is pizza night. I love the hummus (lima bean) pizza. Imagine homemade crust that is light as air with a layer of hummus and then add a salad on top. I also like the vegetable pizza--a layer of their famous carrot sauce loaded with fresh organic vegetables. My husband loves the tuna pizza (think salad with fresh tuna on delicious bread). Add a bowl of homemade soup and your meal is complete. I have also had their vegetarian plate--which is so much food I take it home for lunch--soup, salad, beans, vegetables, and a pasta. Each one is filled with so much flavor that I can't decide what I like best. The pasta is light and delicious as well--I've had the gnocchi with carrot sauce. I love this sauce so much that I've been trying to make it at home. My husband loves his fish and has had the salmon as well as the seafood risotto. This place is a gem picked from Italy...all organic, all delicious...with many vegan options available!

• Visited October 2013