“Delicious food and a great atmosphere!”

Good Earth Organic Eatery
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in West Cape May
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: All Organic and healthy, Vegan, Vegetarian and Fresh Fish. We strive to use as much local and seasonal ingredients as possible, supporting our local organic farmers and fisherman. Everything is homemade and made to order and fresh - no microwaves, frozen prepared foods, or canned goods here! Worth the wait, we believe that organic farming methods build healthy soil that grows healthy food that feeds healthy people that create healthy communities.
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Good Earth continues to be my favorite restaurant on the island. Everything I've ever eaten here is absolutely delicious and so flavorful. The owners and staff are such nice, friendly people that it really makes the atmosphere comfortable and welcoming. They just recently opened up even more dining space inside and added new chairs and tables which I believe adds even more to the atmosphere. If you haven't been here yet I would suggest stopping by for lunch or dinner soon and see for yourself how great this restaurant is!

1  Thank soupsmiles

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My wife and I have been a few times now and each time has been perfect. The organic and local food is great, the prices are reasonable, the hostess is friendly, and the cozy atmosphere makes me feel right at home. It is so nice to have an organic option that is so much more than just great food.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Great vegetarian eatery the owner is from Italy and well trained very friendly there is no other restaurant in south jersey that sells truly tasty health food

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We went to Cape May for the weekend,and decided to try this restaurant. The food was very good. However, the problem came in where one of the owners (the wife) wouldn't stop talking to us. Friendly is one thing, but this woman just hung around and talked and asked questions every time I bit into my sandwich. Also, their cute son was there....cute,, BUT this is a place of business....he should not be standing on the bench next to us jumping up and down. The people at the next table finished their lunch and that table was empty for at least 15 mins before another customer came in, THAT is when the owner decided that she would clean the table....not good, the tables need to be cleaned and ready for the next customers as soon as customers leave. Also a group of women came in and were seated at a table. The little boy was playing with a dish rag on the floor that he previously sprayed and wiped a table down, this boy is 3, he should not be involved in this. Well, as the women were sitting the boy picks up the rag from the floor and proceeds to wipe down the table that the women were sitting at. Cute BUT again, this is a place of business and should be handled as such. The women? They left and I don't blame them. Plus, if you are going to have a cash business, customers should know BEFORE entering the restaurant. It should not be a little sign by the register, but possibly on the outside window, as many people do not carry cash. We will not go back to this restaurant on any return visits to Cape May. I rated this 3 stars only because the food pushed it up to average. These owners need to learn how to run a business.

2  Thank Michele J
goodearthcontrano, Owner at Good Earth Organic Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Good Earth. Our restaurant is out of the ordinary. We serve all organic food (the only all organic restaurant in Cape May) at a very affordable price and do this with a spirit of service to improve the health of our community. The off-season is difficult economically for us as we are only in our second year, and the solution that we have found to remaining open is to keep our three-year old son with us during the lunch hours. The Saturday you dined with us was a very busy off-season day for us, and I tried to keep our son busy by giving him a spray bottle and cloth to clean his fire engine with. Also, the women you mentioned in your review I believe left because they did not have cash (we are cash only).

Reviewed 16 December 2013

In a word...wow!

Located in a strip that also houses McGlade's Backstreets (another favorite restaurant of ours), "Good Earth" as we call it is such a great surprise! The food coming out of the kitchen isn't only supremely healthy and clean, but it's also very well-thought out and delicious! To be quick:

Decor: None. The place is clean, but it's somewhat under construction since their neighbors left. Nothing extravagant as far as appearance goes, and there's only seating for maybe 15 or so, so if you're going to eat there, be sure to call ahead!

Service: Terrific! If you're able to get to know Hilary and her husband, you're the better for it! Very cordial, educated and helpful. The conversation heightened the experience, for certain.

Food: Lima bean hummus? 4 stars. Spaghetti w/ginger-carrot sauce? 4 stars. The special pizza of the night (i.e. tuna, greens, olives, etc.)? 5 stars! Being from northern NJ outside of NYC, for me to give anyone 5 stars for a pizza is rare. ESPECIALLY in Cape May, where the quality of pizza is certainly an afterthought vs. the quantity. I ate the entire pizza! Crust and all. Homemade crust + fresh organic ingredients might be the reasons, but seriously in the top 25 things I've ever eaten in 40+ years on Earth.

Dessert: Didn't have time to do dessert here, but with everything else being so good, I can't imagine it to be bad.

A very surprising and pleasurable experience…definitely recommended, but don't dress up! A very casual place for people who actually care about what goes into their bodies…and want it to taste great going in as well!