“Some items are great; others are "so-so"”
Review of Ellie's Bakery - CLOSED

Ellie's Bakery
Cape May
“Some items are great; others are "so-so"”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I agree with a few other reviewers about the limited selections in this bakery. However, I have found a couple of items that are really good: the bagels and the cupcakes. The cookies are pretty good, too, but a tad too sweet. The cinnamon buns, scones, and sticky buns are mediocre to below average. Two other things: It's expensive (2.50 per cupcake!---and they're small). Also, because there are no other bakeries in the area (Cape May Bakers is horrendous and always serves stale products, so I'm not counting them), many people in the area go to Ellie's. Since it is in season, you would think the owner would make more to accommodate the obvious increased numbers of people. However, she makes a very small amount. I once went there at 8:45 for a bagel (they open at 7:30), and there weren't any. I mean, you're open a little over an hour and you've already run out of bagels?? This has happened more than once.

• Visited July 2013

Ocean City, Maryland
“Okay but...”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

They were finally open when we passed by and since we have been wanting to stop and check them out we did. Limited selection, small serving for the price, ok but have had better here in Cape May.

• Visited July 2013
Fair Haven, New Jersey
“Not much offered”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were excited to try out this cute bakery, but rather disappointed at the very limited offerings. Stopped in for breakfast, but they had only a few different scones, one sticky bun and muffins. I had a lemon scone that did not even have a hint of lemon. My daughter had a sticky bun that was tiny but tasty.

Visited July 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Wonderful Little Bakery”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We went to Ellie's because it was in close proximity to our vacation rental in West Cape May. Fortunately for us, the baked goods were wonderful. Selection is small because the bakery is very small, but what they have is delicious. Having grown up with traditional Italian bakeries, I am extremely picky about my baked goods. For breakfast they have bagels, sticky buns and cinnamon rolls. We all agreed that while all items were good, the sticky buns were the best. Later we purchased some of the other goodies to share with family. The butter cakes were to die for! Also, the tarts, while very expensive, are worth the splurge. Because we were there over Fathers' Day, we were happy to find a cake to celebrate with. We chose a vanilla bean with butter cream frosting, which the owner was happy to write on for us. It was amazingly delicious. Be sure to check out this quaint little bakery if you are ever in West Cape May.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Katherine B
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Bakery in Cape May”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I am so glad I found Ellies- I bought cupcakes, little butter cakes and chocolate chip cookies- all of it was excellent! The staff is very friendly and professional. The place is clean and well kept. I will definitely visit every time I am in Cape May.

• Visited June 2013