“Lush evening out...”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Stratton
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I went to the Saxon Arms for dinner recently. I was taken there by my parents and their friends. They were returning for the fourth time and I was making my debut. On our journey down, I had heard nothing but good things from them all, and thankfully, it lived up to my expectations! I had fishcakes to start, steak for my main and banoffee cheesecake for dessert. I rarely ever have three courses but I just had to here! The service from the lad waiting our table was brilliant - very friendly, sociable chap. I'll certainly be coming back here again! Although I might try one of their other pubs...I hear there are two more...

Reviewed 17 August 2014

When we arrived at the Saxon Arms after a short drive through some of the prettiest villages in Dorset we were surprised at how busy it was for a Thursday evening. After looking at the menu I choose the chicken linguine very tasty and my husband the belly of pork with new potatoes from the specials menu. We followed this up with the best bannoffe pie and ice cream we have ever tasted the food was well presented and the service first class also it was a refreshing change to be given a bottle of water to accompany our food even though we had ordered drinks as well. This delightful village pub is well worth a visit.

2  Thank Anne B
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Loved the food, fresh and piping hot. Ate alone and made to feel at home. Banoffee cheesecake was awesome!!!

1  Thank Kerry S
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a very good pub restaurant with a thatched roof and you can sit inside or outside . We enjoyed our food but would like to have seen more choose on the menu - The staff are very pleasant and we went twice during our stay .

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Went for dinner while staying with friends locally. Very busy, even on a Wednesday night, but service excellent. A varied menu, and good selection of Real Ales. Food delicious - I had the fish risotto, which was very generous although perhaps a fraction over salted. I know my companions were all very happy with their choices. One mixed platter made a very ample starter for 5. Staff friendly, decor interesting but some of the dining chairs were a little on the low side.