“Superb Sunday lunch”

Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Roughton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My elderly Mother and I enjoyed an excellent lunch here. The joints (choice of beef, lamb and gammon) were cooked to perfection, and served with a wide variety of locally produced, well cooked, fresh vegetables, both new and roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and gravy. Although it was served from a carvery, the food was continually being replenished, and was not allowed to dry out under heat lamps. I don't usually much like going out for Sunday lunch as I don't feel that most restaurants cook it as well as I do, but Groveland is certainly the exception. The service was attentive, and the price was very reasonable as well.

1  Thank Wyg

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stopped off here when I was in North Norfolk on Business. The staff were excellent and even found me a hidden jar of Marmite when I requested this. Does not seem like much to most, but I am an addict so appreciated the extra help here. Great Farm Shop on site which sells many local delights at a very competitive price. I love to support these one off local enterprises which are slowly disappearing due to the never ending influx of National Supermarkets locally. Well done to all. I am very happy to return and experience good food and, above all, great staff.

2  Thank Claire P
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A great cream tea,but not impressed with the size of the portions or the general menu. Great for a cup of tea and snack but not a meal

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We have visited Groveland Farm and the restaurant for many years for the ususal afternoon teas, Friday fish and chips etc. We've never been in Norfolk at the right time for any of their themed evenings but we hope to next year. Last week I decided to buy my husband a lovely pre birthday lunch while we were in Norfolk and went to Groveland. We had a look at the specials and chose the cheesy mash sherpherd's pie and the slow cooked belly pork, both meals were plentiful and absolutely lovely. We spoke to Chef Greg Kaye who had slow cooked shoulder of lamb to make the pie, no nondescript mince in this one! He was interested to hear our comments and helped us with a choice of dessert, which were equally marvellous, I had the chocolate and praline tart and my husband the treacle tart, beautifully presented with strawberrys and clotted cream ice cream all from a local supplier. The restaurant is clean and well presented (bathroom facilities new and v clean) the staff very efficient and friendly as always. What a gem this place is for then you have the farm shop, crafts, garden centre to go round if you like to.

2  Thank SJAC57
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We discovered this by accident and booked for a Friday night. The local sourced menu was imaginative and well presented and as mentioned elsewhere the gooseberry posset was sublime. We tried the Lavenham Bacchus English wine and were pleasantly suprised by its quality so much so we took a bottle home with us. We will definitely visit again.

1  Thank Chris K