“Business trip”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rehovot
Glasgow
“Business trip”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was working near to Rehovot and my employer found me this hotel. As it was a business trip my needs are probably different from others who visit.
First of all, the location. It's at the end of a street of workshops, had I not looked at it on Google maps before I arrived I would have been seriously worried why the taxi driver was taking me down this street (lone female).
The entrance is down the side and you have to buzz the security button to be allowed access (even after you have checked in), again, not really a pleasant experience alone at 2230.
So check in was fine, the girl was nice and showed me to my room and brought me some wine. The room itself was fine, the top bedding sheet was stained however. The bed was 4 poster, and was comfortable. There was a kettle in the room along with tea and coffee supplies and also a fridge with milk and some soft drinks, there was also a plate of savoury snacks.
The 1st night I was there I really struggled to sleep as my room (26) appeared to be close to maybe the kitchen or laundry room but at midnight I could still hear a lot of noise being made and with wooden floors throughout it just echoed. Then at around 130am some fellow guests decided to start shouting in the corridor and even when I asked them to be quiet, they just got louder! So first night was not pleasant at all.
The following morning I was given breakfast outside in the garden and it was lovely, a freshly made omelette, some fresh local bread and orange juice, I really enjoyed it.
I wanted to go out for the day and as it's so far from town I asked about the bus service but the staff didn't know any details so I looked it up myself and discovered just a short walk onto the main road and catch a #16 into Rehovot, the service is frequent.
Onto trying to sleep the 2nd night and again the noise from the kitchen kept me awake then the person in the next room started to blare music out at 130am! So again I had to go out my room, thankfully he turned it down and sleep was possible.
The following morning no breakfast appeared......not sure what happened here!
On my 3rd night I had been out working until late so by the time I got back in(330am) it was quiet. Again on the 3rd morning there was no offer of a breakfast! I checked out and staff called a taxi for me. She apologised for the noise levels experienced.
So overall for me, I wasn't here for a spa treatment, perhaps this wasn't the hotel for me but I do expect a hotel to be somewhere pleasant to sleep and this wasn't due to the selfishness of others. There is no one at reception overnight so they are not aware of the noise being made in the corridor and can do nothing about it. The staff I dealt with were pleasant enough without being overly helpful. Also before I arrived I contacted the hotel through their website and also by e mail and didn't receive any reply, I had to call them in the end (expensive call from the UK).
I always ask myself would I go back and for this hotel I have to say no. I like to be able to sleep and had so many issues here. I'm also not keen on it's location, too far out of town.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the end of the corridor!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank fussyfiona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 24 March 2014

while going to an honeymoon in Israel, we stumbled on the greatest boutique hotel we have ever seen!
Friendly staff, amazing food, and one of the deepest massage we've got in our life, We highly recommend for anyone looking for an escape or a retreat.
Thank you for giving us the best start for our future life!
Best time guaranteed.

Room Tip: Choose a suite for maximum romance!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I have no complaints. This was a wonderful hotel with courteous, willing to please staff. This is a great hotel. The rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels. Every day there was a bottle of wine placed in the room along with fresh pastries. On your arrival you get a nice plate of fruit. While we were in the process of checking in, the hotel staff gave us latte's and pastries. I would definitely return to this hotel. It was were quiet and clean. Breakfast was served I our room very morning at a time of our choosing. It was also very tasty, Loved, loved, loved this hotel and spa.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

In the middle of the industrial area, dark curtains in the room, no real window. Not what I want on a business trip. Staff was friendly. Maybe OK for a couple looking for a retreat (tub bath in the room, mirror above the bed), but even then not for me.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank leonardo_guest
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We arrived to the Estate Spa boutique hotel and we were astounded by the beauty and the serenity of the Estate Spa boutique hotel. We were welcomed by professional and friendly staff, who showed us the different types of rooms. We chose for the suite, which had a patio with seats and a table, surrounded by tropical plants. We had breakfast every morning in the patio. The suite had a jacuzzi, sauna and a modern walk-in shower, a huge flat screen television and all kinds of other amenities. The mini bar was for free (and filled everyday) and there were complimentary presents for us. The room had candles everywhere and was very romantic. The air conditioning was on 24 hours and was wonderful.The hotel has comfortable areas where guests can sit and enjoy the peace and beauty of the surroundings of the estate. There is a huge jacuzzi and sauna and lockers where guests can relax and enjoy themselves. They also have a big room with bar and a pool table and comfortable lounges, where parties can be held for families or special occasions.
The breakfast was served personally to our room every morning, and they bring a delicious healthy breakfast with a big smile. The staff were very friendly, professional, helpful, very attend, and enjoyable to talk to. We also bought body scrub and body cream from the Estate Spa own brand and they are highly recommended! The check-pout went very fast and there was no rush to leave, and the staff offered us cold drinks and cookies (we had a plane to catch)!

Room Tip: Choose the suite and you won't regret it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RIKSPIEK
Lexington
Reviewed 2 December 2012

The hotel is located in an industrial area of Rehovot, but once you are inside the walls of the spa you forget where you are. There are many massage rooms in the main building, with candles and music. A pool table is available for guests' use, as well as a hot tub. Our small room had a canopy bed (with a mirror on the ceiling), a refrigerator filled with juices and fruit, a TV, wifi, a bottle of Israeli cabernet, a plate of cookies, a safe, kitchenette, coffee and tea with kettle, bathroom with shower stall, and a small deck off the room with a table and two chairs. Breakfast was not included .All of the people who worked here from the young ladies who checked us in and showed us our room, to Kobe who found us the perfect room, to the crew who cleaned the rooms, were very courteous and professional. Our room could have been a little cleaner, but is was ok. There is also a place to park a car, if you have one.

Ben Gurion International Airport (TLV) is a 30 minute drive from the hotel. The location of the hotel is about a 30 minute walk into the Rehovot town centre.

Room Tip: some rooms are bigger than others, but also cost more.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KyBoop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rehovot
Leonardo Boutique Rehovot
Leonardo Plaza Ashdod
Sadot Hotel
Sadot Hotel
#23 of 100 in Tel Aviv

Been to Estate Spa Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!