“fab weekend”

Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
Reviewed 21 May 2014

stayed here for a weekend in a family room with my husband and 2 daughters, the room was lovely and clean, plenty big enough for a family with everything that you could need, the staff were outstanding, they could not have done more, the attached restaurant was also extremely good

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had an enormous family room, which was spotless and very comfortable. The hotel staff were extremely polite, helpful and always smiling! The only downside was the dreadful service we received at breakfast, served next door at the Beefeater. Had to wait 10 mins for a table which we then had to lay ourselves, had to ask three times for spoons and for our order to be taken (20mins). Our breakfasts were then sat on the counter for 10mins before they were brought to us!

Unfortunately The Beefeater Really let the Premier Inn down.

Room Tip: number 12 is the biggest one there, perfect for a family!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had four nights here recently - Saturday to Tuesday, done in 3 bookings to try and get reasonable prices where possible. On the Saturday and Sunday, the FA Cup semi finals were at fairly nearby Wembley and this budget chain pitched their prices for these nights at £179 each night. Luckily and due to a possible glitsch in their booking system I got the Sunday night at £49 although it reverted to £179 pdq and I had to pay £179 for the Saturday night.

I accept market forces and supply and demand apply but I recently stayed at the 5* Sofitel Hotel at Heathrow for less and that included breakfast. Do Premier Inn throw in a sweetener for this astronomical price in a 'budget' hotel? May be an inclusive breakfast, a bottle of water or even a bar of soap that could stop you from nearly having a hernia when in the bath when reaching for the liquid soap dispenser. No chance. Admittedly I would feel happier if some of my room charge went towards repairing the potholes in the car park at the hotel end. Perhaps also for premium rate clients, they could temporarily replace that truly ghastly sunflower acrylic block that adorns every room and looks as though it has been done by a 5 year old, with a tasteful Van Gogh print!

I also think Premier Inn should address their sexism on their purple brochure that also adorns every table - I do not want to see Lenny Henry gazing at me every morning and evening - personally Carol Vorderman would be more acceptable to me. I don't blame the very good local staff for any of these points and fully accept they are all determined by anonymous 'Head Office' staff.

I was in room 20 which faced out over the large beer garden. If you are a light sleeper the sound of water running presumably into a header tank above at times during the night may prove a distraction.

This is a nice but small hotel- about 30 rooms, has a good, large and perfectly safe car park and is situated in a very nice area of Ruislip. It is about a 10 minute walk from Ruislip tube via the town centre and West Ruislip tube is even less. Kings Cross is less than a 40 minute journey on the Metropolitan line. As a male, I felt perfectly safe walking back by myself from the tube to the hotel late at night.

I look forward to getting a £29 room on my next stay, as apparently these rooms are often available in Premier Inns from the regular emails I get. I must just be unlucky!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 10 April 2014

If you need a good bed for the night without the frills, this place is ideal. Rooms spotlessly clean, soft towels, efficient shower and a very comfortable bed - for me ideally situated as I was due for an operation at Hillingdon hospital very early the next morning so didn't have the breakfast but my husband was very pleased with it. We had dinner; the service was very good but the food is standard, however the restaurant is convenient.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great location for what we needed. Bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in away from home. Staff were really friendly. Everything was really clean in our room and bathroom.
Evening meal and the breakfast again were excellent.
My only niggle is that the car park did not feel completely secure as it is effecitvely the beefeater carpark.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here as it was close to family. Very convenient, clean, good value, friendly staff and good facilities. The stairs to our room were a bit awkward as we had 2 very heavy cases. However we were offered assistance by the receptionist. We cannot review the food as we had neither dinner nor breakfast but we did go to the bar next door which was also very nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I did it again thought we would have a little adventure, our eldest daughter bought us tickets to see Jearsy Boys at the Piccadilly Theater London so I thought we would make a weekend of it, so we booked a hotel in Ruislip, yes I know its nowhere near the Piccadilly Theater but that was the idea the hotels are expensive in London and any way I had never been to Ruislip we stopped at Premier Inn and as usual it was up to the Premier standard and its only 30 min to central London on the train we had a fantastic time excellent show and a good nights sleep at Premier Ruislip

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruislip
The Barn Hotel
The Barn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ruislip
Ramada London South Ruislip
Travelodge Uxbridge Central
Premier Inn Uxbridge Hotel
Premier by Eurotraveller Hotel, Harrow
Best Western Plus Grim's Dyke Hotel

Been to Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel? Share your experiences!