The Barn Hotel
US$74
US$65
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel(Ruislip)(Great Value!)
US$133
PremierInn.com
The Tudor Lodge(Eastcote)
US$106
US$91
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Uxbridge Central(Uxbridge)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
US$124
US$91
US$84
Agoda.com
US$133
Premier Inn London Uxbridge Hotel(Uxbridge)(Great Value!)
US$105
PremierInn.com
US$105
US$94
Lyttleton Lodge(Uxbridge)
US$84
All reviewsjacuzzi bathdeans lodgelovely afternoon teamain buildingtube stationhigh streetcontinental breakfastwedding partytea and coffee facilitiesmetropolitan linewembley stadiumtudor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

First of all the staff are lovely and very attentive. Great location. The main building has a lot of character and is pretty cool, the problem is the suites, they are great on first appearance but when you look closely most of them need a little renovating.
I find the biggest problem is the mattresses, I know you can't cater to everyone's tastes but some of the beds have very obvious dips in them, and sometimes the drains in the bathrooms are not great.
I sometimes prefer the junior suites.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've stayed here a few times over the last few years, and it does have some sort of an old historical charm and I've usually been fairly happy with the place. However on this trip I was given a room that has the most sagged out and lumpy bed that I've ever slept on. And that includes comparison hunters huts in the back blocks of New Zealand! The thing kept trying to pitch me out onto the floor all night. The bed in room 301 needs serious attention.
During this stay, a couple of workmen came and removed the curtains from the main lounge and only partly replaced it with a blind. Obviously they dropped tools and knocked off work at 5pm leaving the job only partially done along with all their rubbish. I had to spend a night in a virtual fish bowl with all that walked by having a good view right through the flat and into the bathroom. I also had to endure a security or street lantern that lit up the entire flat from the outside. To be honest, when I dared to complain to reception, it reminded me of the television show Fawlty Towers minus the laughs.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a good hotel, right next to the train station in Ruislip, with good access to central London.
The parking is free and reception / check-in good.
The hotel itself is very old and has been adapted over the years, including the introduction of a small conference centre recently.
The rooms are in smaller blocks, over two floors, dotted around the complex.
Rooms are fine, have Wi-Fi access, en-suite and all the usual tea/coffee etc.
I suspect some could do with an upgrade, especially in the bathrooms, but it was pleasant enough.
Didn't use the restaurant, but the bar area and outside seating by the bar is nice.

All in all, a bit quirky and something a bit different!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We have just stayed for two nights at the barn hotel. The setting is lovely and the old parts of the building add to the look of the place. We had a standard room which was small but adequate for what we needed. The walls of the room needed a coat of emulsion to cover up all the dirty marks on it. The main part of the hotel was very nice with lovely furniture, curtains etc with plenty of room for lounging or drinking. Unfortunately after meeting friends and returning to the hotel on Sunday evening we found the bar was just closing. We said we were guests at the hotel and could we have a drink. We were able to get one drink and that was it. The next night the bar closed quite early for a hotel.We did not eat in the hotel as friends had booked a meal elsewhere as the restauraunt did not do meals on Sunday evenings but we thought the continental breakfast was beautifully prepared and the food was lovely. We would stay there again but perhaps up grade to a bigger room. ,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I took advantage of a late deal, 70% off and I'm so glad I did. The hotel comprises of a number of Elizabethan farm buildings. My room was not particularly large but the bathroom was exquisite, the bed was comfortable but the quilt and the pillows were the best. Really warm, soft and snuggly. The receptionist was chatty and helpful. The only drawback was that after 8pm the car park was full to bursting.
This brings me neatly to the Restaurant. Because parking was so difficult I opted to eat in. There were good quality bar snacks reasonably priced but I elected to try the set price fine french dining experience. £21.50 for two courses £25.00. The meal and the service were superb.

• Stayed: September 2013