“good location”
Review of The Barn Hotel

The Barn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very good location for the underground into central London. Friendly, efficient staff. One guest in our group needed to change rooms due to smelling of smoke and they organised another straight away and a complimentary english breakfast the next day. Nice garden area and bar area. Continental Breakfast was good and you can upgrade to full English at a small cost.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very good place to stay . Nice food nice staff had great night . I will say best place in ruislip . Every time We come to ruislip we used to go ramada hotel but now I will bee staying at barn hotel so just wanted to say thank you

Room Tip: Am sure all the rooms are goods there because this is my first time there and I didn't see other...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam O
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had our wedding at The Barn Hotel at the beginning of June. From start to end the venue and staff were fantastic. The events manager Neetoo was always on hand throughout the planning and was there on the day with her deputy to make sure everything ran smoothly.

All the staff were professional and friendly. Nothing was too much hassle. The venue was loved by our guests with the unusual mix of very old and new buildings. Many guests voiced their surprise at the uniqueness of the venue with many already planning return visits. The food was great as well. We can't fault The Barn Hotel, we had an amazing day and look forward to visiting again soon.

2  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed 23 June 2014

On the positive side we were upgraded to a junior suite. The full English breakfast was good. The mix of old and new buildings works and there is a pleasant garden to sit in. Very close to the tube station and it has parking.
On the down side the staff appeared very inexperienced and not particularly helpful or pleasant. The lighting in the bedroom and sitting area was very dull and we had to stand by the window to read anything. A cupboard had a broken hinge and we mentioned a couple of things which didn't work well but they weren't very interested. There was a problem programming our key so we had to be let into the room by the staff.
Mixed thoughts....

1  Thank Di55755
Catherine V, Manager at The Barn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We appreciate your comments and have looked into the points you raised. We have recently taken on new staff who are training and therefore may not be as confident or experienced at the moment as they should be, we are continuing to moniter their progress, any maintenance issues reported are relayed back to our Maintenance Department and should be acted on immediately, Customers feedback is very important and valuable, as it allows us to understand our customers needs for an enjoyable stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to the Junior Suite and hope you will return to the Barn Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel is a mix of very old and very new. We stayed in one of the original buildings and the room was very well equipped and overall clean although there was some mould in the bathroom which needs attending to. Also the room was a little small but it didn't spoil our stay. I think we would request one of the rooms in the new building next time. The staff were very good and friendly. We booked for 2 nights and ate in the Hotel's restaurant, 'Hawtreys' on the first night, and would have on the second too but we were in London and couldn't get back in time. My goodness, the restaurant is beautifully decorated and the furnishings are beautiful too. This is fine dining at its best. The food was just incredible! If we lived near enough we would be going to this restaurant on a regular basis, it is an absolute gem. Service was excellent too. I even took a photo of my and my husband's dessert (something I always said I would never do as it looks so naff but I just had to!) We will definitely be staying here again, no question. Anyone who lives locally who hasn't tried the restaurant should do so as soon as they can!

1  Thank AngieS252014

Thank you very much for your positive review, I have passed your comments on to the relevant departments including our Head Chef. We are very proud of Hawtreys Restaurant as it is an excellent Restaurant which unfortunately is still not recognised as much as it should be.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed over for three nights on a business trip, overall I can say it was OK for my needs. Room is clean for the most part - could have been perfect if there weren't 3-4 human hairs between the sheets, but other than that, no complaints on that front. My room was very small, so only on a business trip this can pass. However, even for business travelers it could have been nicer if there was a decent place to sit and work, as the table in my room was minimal.

Location was convenient for me - Ruislip tube station a couple of minutes walk from the place. Cannot comment on food as I did not have time to get breakfast, but dining room opens at 7 a.m. which is not great - we had to leave at 7:15 a.m. for the office, so no time to eat!

Worst part was the squeaking floor - I really felt that people in the room below mince will hate me, as every time I moved across the room the wooden floor made awful noises, and I'm not even overweight... this was really annoying.

Staff nice, no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our wedding day was fabulous to say the least!!
Whilst it was a small affair with some describing it as bijou, it was still very much full on.
The staff were very professional and they set up everything perfectly, they were all very much a part of our day due to their friendliness, 'George' was a particular favourite of ours and a true scholar and a very good laugh, Thank you!
From the moment we booked the venue which was a year ago right through until the day of the ceremony everything went smoothly, with only a few minor hiccups with some of the guest rooms that people were staying in and when I say minor, I mean minor! I have read some of the negative reviews on here and find them hard to agree with to be honest but we all have different expectations I suppose.
Back to all the positives of this venue AND ITS SERVICE..... The staff at the hotel served us well after the wedding ceremony with canapés and wine whilst we got on with the photographs and then we went onto enjoying a very nice wedding breakfast which was both first class in its delivery, presentation and flavoursome taste.
After the speeches and into the evening, we then enjoyed the cake being cut up by the hotel and served to our guests in a timely manner and then we went onto a party with some quality dance moves going on.....You know who you are!!
The hotel rooms were very nice and a comfortable nights rest was had, the rooms were all clean and tidy and we personally have no complaints. We enjoyed a wonderful infinity bath which refreshed us fully, it was something to see at 07.30am, water flows from the ceiling!
We would like to take this opportunity to thank ALL the staff at the hotel for their dedication to ensuring our day went perfectly, thanks to you guys and gals it most certainly did, we cant sing your praises high enough!!!!!
Would I recommend this hotel..... Absolutely YESSSSSS!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alan S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruislip
Premier Inn London Ruislip Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#1 of 5 in Uxbridge
Best Western Plus Grim's Dyke Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction

Been to The Barn Hotel? Share your experiences!