“Nice Steak with great service !”
Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Ruislip
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Steak with great service !”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been here a few times in the passed and went back with a group of
people and I wasn't disappointed.

The steak was good and we were looked after by a lady called Vagi who I must say really
made the evening. Great service and found the time to talk to you and have was able to have a laugh and really just made the evening.

Good food and no complaints from any of my group.

Would I go again , yes and that is 1/2 down to the food and 1/2 down to the great service of which no one comes close !

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Terry C

Ickenham, United Kingdom
“Lovely steak”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We had tried to eat here previously but being Sunday lunch time, it was fully booked. This time we came mid week and were accommodated easily. We were seated quickly and our order was taken. The food came well presented, piping hot and exactly as ordered. My steak was delicious and I can't wait to go back. A real diet killer this place :-)

Visited March 2014
london
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely night great good :)”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely food. Staters great, sides great, service excellent, steak amazing!! Would definitely recommend and we will be back.

1 Thank LondonFlipflop69
Ruislip, England, United Kingdom
“Im not sure”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Ive been to this place a few times, with family and on dates. I find it very hit and miss, one day my steak will be chewy the next it will be cooked as id like it and be tender. I cant exactly make my mind up, as i think many of the people i know who have been there feel similarly. Nice surroundings and the atmosphere is nice. Just maybe a bit over-priced?

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nick F
London, United Kingdom
“Finally found my ideal!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My partner and I are always looking for a steak house which will meet our expectations. To date this has to be it!

We pre-booked online for 17:30hrs on a Saturday.

Intitial view when pulling up, very nice looking. Lovely outdoor seating areas.

Layout inside is large, yes it does have many tables for which some are quite near together. Initially we were seated very near to a large table which had quite a few children on, but we asked if it would be ok to be seated at another table which was no bother at all. Not through being 'snobby' but we were having a night without our own so I'm sure many will understand that complete 'freedom' element. None of the children in the restaurant were ill behaved at all so credit to their parents.

We were looked after by two ladies. Forgive me for not knowing their names, but the darker haired lady with a slight accent, and a friendly blonde haired lady. They were brilliant throughout. Sometimes it can be annoying when constantly approached by your server, but both were unobtrusive at all times yet genuinely looking after us. It just felt so much more comfortable than many places.

We had no issue with waiting long for drinks or meals, everything came out in a very good time frame, and nicely staged between eating.

This restaurant does get busy quickly, so yes it can be filled with chatty people but that adds to the atmosphere. I know I feel more trusting of a busy restaurant than an empty one as it says a lot about the popularity of the place.

We couldn't fault the food in any way. (even the iceberg wedge, I love the refreshing taste)

Our starters: So many of our favorites on there to choose from which makes a change. As we couldn't decide we went for pork belly each and tempura prawns to share.
Portion sizes: 6 Tempura prawns medium size, maybe could be a couple more on there delicious though, 4 slices of pork belly slices, could have an eyes bigger than belly moment and wish for more but the sauce is perfectly sweet and bellies melt in the mouth. You would spoil room for the main if it were a larger portion.

Main:
14oz T-Bone with jacket & 1/2 lobster tail as extra, 12oz Rib-eye with chips. Both were cooked medium rare as requested and both were cooked to perfection. Nice portion size not too small not way over the top.

Dessert: (We don't normally do dessert but just HAD to!!)
Lemon meringue: Light, sweet and had cream and berry at the side, partner thought it would've been a nicer touch to have a scoop of ice cream in place of cream.
Summer fruit sundae: To DIE for, especially when you hit the pistachio ice cream. So many flavours!!

Drinks: 2 diet pepsi, 2 vodka & lemonade.

Price range £90

Good mix of couples, families, older generation.

All in all a very enjoyable visit, and will be returning.

Tip: Maybe try later in the evening if you would rather there were less children, but they really were behaved. Not running around everywhere etc like maybe in some places.
Well done mums & dads!

And a big thank you to the staff!

• Visited July 2014