“Just Ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ruislip
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend. Rooms are ok although im not sure the carpet had been vacuumed as there were bits of what looked like hard bits of food on the floor. On the first morning to breakfast continental breakfast with the option to purchase cooked food, that of course is if the staff can be bothered to offer it to you. The staff on breakfast duty just stood in a corner talking to each other not acknowledging any of the guests coming into the restaurant. The only time they moved was if a guest left and they cleared the table then went back to the corner and continued with there conversation . We didn't bother with breakfast there the next morning we went somewhere else where they had polite staff.
The sir conditioning in the room was noisy and there was a generator or something like that below our window which woke us early each morning

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Alexhants2014
RamadaLR, Manager at Ramada London South Ruislip, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You for your review.
We pride ourselves on our high standard of customer service and I apologise for the issues you encountered in our restaurant at breakfast.
I have passed your review on to our breakfast team and been assured that this will not happen again.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Mr Johal.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Mudgee, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean and modern, breakfast was great, would stay again but wouldn't recommend if you were spending most of your time in the city, even though the underground is super close it's a long trip in and out each day.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
RamadaLR, Manager at Ramada London South Ruislip, responded to this review, 25 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review.
I appreciate your comments regarding your room. We have been recently been updating the bedrooms so it is good to hear that you found your room pleasant.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife were back at the ramada for the second time at the weekend with family for a family occasion. It is a very welcoming , friendly, clean and pleasant hotel to stay in with great food and a lovely bar to relax in and have a few drinks. As already stated in reviews its in a very good location with the tube station right beside it but dont let that stop you as you cant hear a thing at night time. Beds are very comfortable which is unusual for a hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpfull as my wife took very ill on our last day due to an illness she has and the lady on reception whom I thanked late when we got back from the hospital and the manager on duty gave me every help we needed. Just to thank them both now again. We will be back in the ramada hopefully early next year to catch up with family and friends again. We strongly recommend staying in this hotel for a nice relaxing stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dectipp

Thank you for your kind review.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad to hear that reception staff were helpful when your wife took ill. I hope that she is feeling much better now.
I am glad that the rest of your stay was pleasant and that you managed to have a relaxing time.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Charlotte
Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked 2 rooms for the Community Shield weekend.

Both rooms were more than adequate, clean and good value.

All staff were helpful as well.

The only issues were with the set up for breakfast, Everything was in the same area meaning confused queues of people some carrying hot drinks/food.

The main tables were set for breakfast but as the hotel was full the three upper tables were also being used. These tables had no cutlery meaning a walk past the swinging kitchen doors which also could have caused issues.

As I said that aside I'd have no hesitation in staying at this hotel again. The Car Park was a bonus and it's right next to the Tube station so easy in/out of London as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank bluesinthesun
RamadaLR, Manager at Ramada London South Ruislip, responded to this review, 13 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review.
I apologise for the issues encountered at breakfast. This is not a regular occurrence, unfortunately on very busy mornings we do occasionally have delays in clearing the tables.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Devon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed in the hotel for 4 weeks in July 2014 while working in the area. Price better then all of the nearby Premier Inn's etc and room quality far better. Restaurant and bar on site serve both Italian and Indian menus which were similar in quality and price to local takeaways. Location is excellent with both main line and underground station right next door, approx 35 mins to Oxford Circus and free car parking on site which again is a major bonus in this area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Shaldonsam

Thank you for your kind review.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is an older one that they appear to be trying to improve. It is in a much older side of town but seemed safe. As I was checking in, the staff was very welcoming and offered me a complimentary drink while I was waiting as it was taking a while to find my reservation. I stayed there 6 nights (7/18 - 7/24). I got up to my room. It was very warm in there. I usually like it warm. I called the front desk. The compressor went out. They tried to fix it ASAP but it took a couple of hours to cool down. It happened a second time a few days later with the same result.

Now on a positive note, the continental breakfast was great! It included much more than the usual ones do and they had several choices. The staff was very attentive and helpful. I also ate dinner there a few times and enjoyed that too. They decided to add ice cream to their menu and I was the first customer. It was rich, creamy, and yummy.

I especially appreciated the South Ruislip Station (for the underground tube and railway) being less than a 5 minute walk. There is also a Sainsbury store directly across the street that has everything and the kitchen sink as they say with an ATM machine just outside the store. There was a pub just next door and a fish and chip stop two doors down.

The hotel is about 30 minutes from London so simply allow more time to travel. If you are looking for something outside of London that is reasonably priced with modest accommodations, this is a place for you to consider. Do your research on it and decide for yourself.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dolores A

Thank you for your kind review.
I would like to apologise for the issues that you encountered with the temperature in the room. I am glad that the rest of your stay was enjoyable.
Thank you for your comments regarding the restaurant, we take great pride in our restaurant and I am pleased that you enjoyed all the meals you had with us. I also appreciate your review of our ice cream as we are trialling it at the moment, so it is excellent to hear that you liked it.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tyldesley UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We've been to this hotel so many times now that it seems like home from home. It's in a great location, next door to South Ruislip Station for trains and the tube to London and the surrounding areas. On the other side of the hotel is the Middlesex Arms, a large pub with friendly atmosphere and good food at reasonable prices. Car parking at the hotel is free and secure.
The hotel has a relaxing bar and lounge area, and a decent restaurant serving Indian and Italian cuisine. And the English and continental breakfasts are very nice.
Although there were only two of us we were provided with a family room, which was spacious and had additional facilities such as microwave and fridge. We found the staff to be very friendly, polite and helpful. Particular mention must go to Omi Johal the Operations Manager who is an absolute gent and a great host.
There are no negatives about our stay. It was everything that we expected it to be. If you want a decent place to stay with easy access to the city centre but not at city centre prices then this may well be what you are looking for.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you keep returning to visit. I very much appreciate your comments regarding the staff, we take great pride in the friendliness of all of our staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mr Johal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruislip
The Barn Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#2 of 6 in Uxbridge
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel

Been to Ramada London South Ruislip? Share your experiences!