“A Good Choice”

Remos Village
Ranked #13 of 105 Restaurants in Ruislip
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Remo's Village in Eastcote is an Italian restaurant serving high quality food and wines in a friendly and relaxing environment for the whole family.i
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We used to come here for years but have only been once since the change of ownership and remodelling which I think make it a real pizzeria/ristaurante.

We arrived with my sister and her husband after playing tennis. We were treated like old friends which was nice (I think it was because my sister is a regular). Had a nice round table in the window (I like to people watch) were given the menus and the waiter explained the special board without us having to look round for it, we gave our drinks order which arrived promptly.

Perusing the menu mmmmmmm so many things. I'll just tell you mine. To start I had the calamari and calmaretti which was served with tartare sauce and a sweet chilli sauce - delish. I then had the linguini nettuno which I asked for parmesan cheese. The waiter gave me the look (you know the one) and shook his head. Oh it was everything that I liked except I didn't much like the mussels, the waiter asked why I didn't eat them and I couldn't say anything oooh but he did - that was because of the cheese - oh I had to laugh because he could have been right. Any way it was real good fun, far too much good wine and not that expensive. Would I go back - most definitely.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We visited Remos Village mid August and found that the place was under new management and had been refurbished. The old booths which gave the place character have been removed and the restaurant is now totally open planned and reduces the intimacy of the venue.
The food however was excellent as usual although pricey.

1  Thank jmm43
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I first visited this place with my partner not long after we met about three years ago as it was very local to us and we thought it was good back then. Since then it's been through a change of ownership, a minor refurb (they used to have booths to sit in) and we've got married. So we visited it again for an anniversary and it was very, very good. The service was good and the food was fantastic. Having spent some time in Italy I have had Italian food and the Pizza I had here was one of the best I've ever had. They even managed to make humble garlic bread amazing. We both had 3 courses each, still water and a glass of wine each and the total came to just over £40.00 so the value was great as well. We visited it on a Tuesday evening and the place varied to between being half and a third full but I've often gone past when it's been packed. Their are many places to eat in Eastcote but this has to be one of the best.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I've eaten here a few times over the years and twice since it changed ownership. I've only once had what I would call a poor meal, but I can't honestly say that I've ever had reason to rave about it to friends either. It is family friendly and there have always been other tables with children in their groups. This may or may not be a good thing, depending on whether you can tolerate children!
My last visit was on a Saturday night and again we had the kids in tow. There is a kids menu and mine always have pizza, which is huge for little ones and almost the same size as the adult pizzas. I had a veal dish which was pleasant enough and the vegetables were good. The house white wine was a little disappointing, as these are normally very good in Italian restaurants. There was a good selection of sweets, though the waitress spoke no English what so ever and when I asked for some cream with my sweet, she replied, "no chocolate!" The price was reasonable enough, so all in all a good experience, but like I say, nothing special.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We have eaten at Remo's Village a few times now. The food is great and the service is always very good.

Located in Eastcote but doesn't appear in an Eastcote TripAdvisor search!