“Nice hotel, good location”

Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
york uk
“Nice hotel, good location”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now on leisure and on both occasions have had a most pleasing and relaxing stay in this clean and modern hotel. The bedroom and bathroom were both fresh and clean with Tea and coffee and a modern flat screen TV, the hotel provides free Wi Fi too. the restaurant and room service both provide good quality food at reasonable prices and the breakfast was the usual self serve buffet, hot and cold food with plenty of slection.
We traveled by train and it is just a short walk from the station (5-10mins) and all the attractions in Peterborough are within walking distance or for further travel good rail and bus links to the fens and beyond.
If you are travelling by car there is a good sized hotel car park, all shops etc are close by and a nice walk to the lido, parks and the river.

Room Tip: The road at the front of the hotel is very busy, so if you need it to be quiet maybe ask for a rear...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Ray K, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Thanks for the great comments. We are always striving to improve and great to hear such good feedback. Thanks again. Hope you get to stay again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Orpington
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This was our third short stay at the Park Inn and we will definitely be returning again.
The hotel is in a very convenient position for sight-seeing (eg the Cathedral is close by) and there is safe,easy,free parking.The rooms follow the typical Park Inn formula stylistically
and are attractive and comfortable with lovely shower-rooms.We have always found them very clean.
The breakfast buffet offers an outstanding range,which appears to be typical of Park Inns (I have stayed at four others and found the same excellent spread) and far superior to that of most hotels,including far more expensive luxury establishments.For example,this morning,there were different milks,including soya;there was white and brown sliced bread,plus gluten-free and at least four different kinds of rolls and grainy artisan breads; there were six juices plus bottled waters;there were croissants,Danish pastries,Belgian waffles and muffins;there were all kinds of things to add to cereals,including walnuts,hazelnuts,seeds and dried fruits.There were plain and fruit yoghurts,whole fruit and cut pineapple,oranges,grapefruit as well as mixed berry compote and prunes and apricots. The continental buffet included both cream and cottage cheese,salami and two cooked meats,plus salad items and you could order smoked mackerel as well.All this was in addition to the usual hot items provided for a full cooked English,plus boiled eggs, omelets and smoked fish to order. What a truly super breakfast! In the last two months I have stayed in 14 different hotels.None offered any thing near this range and general quality.(A few offered a superior sausage.) .The only comparative breakfast I have experienced this year was at the 4 star Radisson Blu at Stansted. Park Inns and Radisson hotels are part of the same stable which says it all.

We enjoyed a good,well-cooked dinner in the pleasant restaurant.But what particularly impressed us was the willingness of waiting staff and the chef to cheerfully meet individual requests.When I asked for a Salmon Nicoise,instead of the Tuna Nicoise,which was on the Menu,the Chef willingly obliged and also provided the particular anchovy dressing I asked for.Similarly,although a cheeseboard does not figure on the Menu,when I inquired,
I was offered a choice of four cheeses.

Other staff were equally accommodating and gave us excellent,personalised service.Luggage was carried to/from the room,which since I am elderly and my partner disabled,was much appreciated.The Receptionist took extra pains to provide us with excellent disabled accommodation,close to the Lift and amenities. She also took the trouble to contact the in-house beautician,to arrange for me to have some beauty treatments on Sunday morning after breakfast.

On previous visits we were equally pleased with this hotel,the food and its friendly,accommodating staff. The Manager,Ray,whom we had met before,and who had impressed us very much,was not on duty on this occasion.I would have liked to congratulate him on the all-round quality which this hotel consistently offers its guests.However,what was evident,from the comments of staff when I inquired after him ,was the fact that they hold him in both affection and high regard,

The Park Inn at Peterborough offers all-round excellence at very good value but we especially valued the warmth of the welcome they gave us.Well done everyone!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the great review. I am sorry I did not get to meet with you personally on this occasion. I do hope your Business is doing well in these challenging times. I appreciate the comments on the staff here at Peterborough, we are indeed a team. I fully appreciate their value to the business and we have one common goal... to satisfy our guests so they keep returning. I have lost count of the number of time you have now stayed here and I thank you both for the continued support. Have a great Christmas and I hope we will meet again in the New Year.
Brisbane
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Stayed here over a period of 4 months this year. Half decent restaurant. Breakfast has the usual cereals and cooked food but somehow feels a bit bare at the same time - Maybe its the overcooked black pudding?

Beds are really comfortable. Rooms are generally spacious. Don't bother with an upgraded room, you'll pay something silly for some additional soap and little else as far as I could make out.

The staff are generally helpful and pleasant. There's access to the local authority' spool and gym which is a 10 minute walk away. The Beehive pub across a very buy road (but 5 mins walk via a subway or zebra crossing) does good food at reasonable prices and provides an alternative if you don;t want to eat in the restaurant.

I've stopped in numerous places (but not all ) in Peterborough and this is my favourite hotel but it's frequently booked up.

And now the but........ The hotel has very very noisy aircon. Its noisy enough to have woken me several times in the night and request a move to another room. There's work underway to upgrade the aircon I'm told but I wouldn't stay in one of the ones that hasn't had the noisy rattle rattle removed. Try to get a room 321, avoid those in the 500's.

Room Tip: 321... nothing in the 500's unless you're sure the aircon has been renovated
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
As a long term guest of the hotel your comments are invaluable as you get a more panoramic view of the product and service. Your favourite hotel...WOW, that’s a compliment and one which is very much appreciated. I know there are challenges trying to get a room especially if it’s at short notice, all I can suggest is to try and get your reservations made at least 3 weeks prior to arrival to guarantee availability. We appreciate you continued understanding with the Air Con issues and we are well underway to resolving this. Unfortunately at this time your preferred room has not been completed as the engineers are working from the 5th floor down but will be starting on the 3rd floor next week and hope to have all work completed by the first week in January. If you are back before then can I suggest you try one on the forth floor. On behalf of the entire team at Peterborough, we appreciate your business and continued support. p.s. I will have a word with the chef about the black pudding.
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2011

From booking the rooms for our business trip on the phone to finding the hotel has been easy to do.
Helpful staff who gave all the information that we needed to find the hotel via email, speedy check-in and central location made this a brilliant venue for our needs. Breakfast was plentiful with loads of choice of hot or cold items and the best eggs cooked to order that I've experienced in a long time!
The room was cosy, the bed was extremely comfortable, great shower with what seemed like a million different settings for how the water hits your face which went from dribbles to water cannon.
Wierdly the TV in my room didn't have BBC1 on button 1, BBC2 on button 2, etc so some time hunting for the news channels. The soap dispenser just had enough for me to shower in the morning and while trying the free wifi (which seemed to consume every wifi channel going) the speed of the connection left a lot to be desired so ended up using my mobile as a wifi hotspot instead.

Apart from these bits and lack of trouser press (how was I to cook my bacon for a midnight snack?) it was a good night in a hotel in Peterborough

Room Tip: Most rooms face out toward the ring road, but the windows keep nearly all the sound out. If you'...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
I am glad to hear the bacon snack was a no goer.... fire alarms and all that!!

Seriously, great to hear you had an enjoyable stay but for the Wi-Fi and TV channels. Since going digital we have had some ongoing issues which are now resolved and we are looking to upgrade our systems for WIFI in the New Year. I am aware it presents some challenges.
In case you missed the in room menu, we do provide food items on our 24 hour room service menu.
Next time you stay I am sure you will appreciate the difference. Thanks for the constructive feedback. It is only through such feedback that we can not only meet but exceed our customers’ expectations. Many thanks.
East Yorkshire
Reviewed 16 November 2011

The hotel was easily found and although we had a problem booking in (we booked very late) we were happy with the service and found the room to be comfortable and pleasant. The bed was comfortable (although you might need second pillows as the ones provided are VERY soft. We found some in the corrridor in a basket. Brilliant!) and the bathroom was adequate with a walk-in shower. The t.v was good as was tea making facilities. We didnt book breakfast and didnt use room service but new suppplies of towels and tea/coffee etc were left at our door on the second day .Must tell you that there wasnt a hairdryer or iron in our room (room 306) and it was at the back of the hotel with a close up view of massive office blocks - not a problem as offices closed for weekend but would have preferred a city view!). We found the hotel to be very quiet (great for us). We did have a couple of drinks in the hotel bar and they were reasonably priced. Hotel spotless .The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. It wasnt very far to walk into town and was a great base. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Lovely weekend. We will use Park Inns again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front and extra pillows
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
From the team here at Park Inn Peterborough, thank you for the great review. Delighted to hear the spare pillow basket was of help. Extra pillows and Iron & Board are also available on request from the reception team who will have these delivered to your room. Not sure why there was no hairdryer, but thanks for letting us know, this has now been resolved. When you next stay with us please let us know at the time of booking that you require a front facing room and we will happily oblige and If you make a request for the extra pillows, these will also be in your room prior to arrival. We hope to see you back soon.
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Usually stay at the Travelodge but this worked out at the time of booking for just 50p more! Was allowed early checkin and late checkout at no extra charge. Room was spotless and very comfortable, maybe just a litte too warm however used the air conditioning. Hairdryer supplied in room. Bathroom with small soap and shampoo/body wash in the shower. (no bath but not a problem) Towels fluffy and plentiful. Had evening meal in restaurant prices reasonable. Breakfast was not included in my rate but i usually only have cereal and tea. Could of paid in advance for a saving or decide on the morning and pay a bit more. Staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Hotel in centre of town, fab location and only a few mins walking distance from the train station (you can see the hotel when you get off). Definatley stay here again especially if i got a similar rate. The only thing i would of liked extra would of been a mini fridge in the room.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Thanks for the great comments. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have very reasonable weekend rate available especially for a full service hotel. Glad to hear you dined with us and found the prices reasonable. Can I suggest next time you try the Buffet breakfast it is well worth the price and you get a better deal if you include breakfast at the time of booking £5.00 for 1 or £10.00 for 2 with a great selection of hot & cold dishes.
Derbyshire, UK
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Stayed here before and rebooked as it is central, good value etc.
Writing this at 22.46 whilst listening to a racket of crap music from a private function in the bar area below us!
Why was I not told that this would be taking place when I booked the room? Bit late now to expect to move to another room/ hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank JaneHDerbyshire_UK
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us at the Park Inn Peterborough. I am sorry to hear your stay was not as enjoyable as we would have hoped. I am unsure as to how you reserved the room but we do have a note on all booking channels to advise Guests of the fact or RBG Bar and Restaurant will be closed due to a Christmas Party night. If you booked directly and we failed to inform you of this, I sincerely apologise for that failing. I would ask you to contact me directly when you are next staying in the area so I can arrange a complimentary upgrade to one of our Junior Suites to include Breakfast by way of apology and so that we may redeem ourselves in your eyes. info.peterborough@rezidorparkinn.com - for the attention of Ray Keogh