“Park Inn”

Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The room was spacious, the facilities good, while bed ŵas comfortable. Breakfast in the restaurant was ok but nothing special. Buffett even for cooked food, not what I prefer. Staff friendly. Car park is open and a pay and display but free for hotel guests got very busy.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Richard M, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Ian S,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay here at Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough.

I was glad to hear that your were happy with all aspects of your stay, and especially happy to hear the staff were friendly. I will be sure to pass your comments on.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Richard McVeigh
Operations Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights, initially booked a standard room no breakfast but on check in upgraded for a reasonable amount for a business room with breakfast.
The room was small albeit with an enormous bed and separate dressing area.
The shower room was fine.
Breakfasts were O.K.
All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.
We had a room at the back of the hotel.
Parking was easy and free.
Wifi was not very good even with the upgrade, but the staff did try to solve the problem but to no avail.
Would stay again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard M, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Grotbags,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Park Inn by Radisson, Peterborough.

I was glad to hear you were happy with everything with your stay. Especially reading comments abour our staff members, i will be sure to pass your comments on to them.
With regards to your feedback regarding the wifi, i will be sure to log the problem with our provider to ensure guests are getting the sufficent connection.

It's great to hear you would stay again, and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel is right in the town centre. Close to many eating places, Museum/Cathedral/Football Ground. A couple of minutes to the bus station and 5 minutes to the train station. The staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome. Great Breakfast and ooh so comfortable beds.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Hilary W,

Thank you for your recent 5* review regarding your recent stay at Park Inn by Radisson, Peterborough.
Our location is one of the main attractions to our hotel and it does bring a lot of people to us. I was extremely happy to hear about the friendliness of the staff, i will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

A good hotel in a central location, easy access into town, the staff are helpful and the rooms clean an comfortable, we had breakfast with this stay: there was a good choice and no rush. All in all a nice place to stay

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Vicki D,

Thank you for your recent 5* review regarding your recent stay here at Park Inn by Radisson, Peterborough.
I was glad to hear that everything with your stay was to your satisfaction and you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I booked this more than a month before my stay, mostly due to the great price that was on offer. And, to be honest, I had low expectations, rather anticipating a typical city-centre, drab, unfriendly, soulless and probably noisy hotel.

I couldn’t have been more wrong!

In fact, the first sign of great service was when I called requesting a late change to my booking, which wasn’t actually allowed within the terms and conditions. It did require a couple of conversations but, after a chat with her manager, the lady who took my call was happy to make the adjustment.

I then arrived a few days later and had an excellent experience of this Park Inn.

From the first impression of the friendly young lady on the reception desk, to the comfortable and spacious room (I’d requested a “quiet room” if possible and am pretty sure they chose one for me) to the restaurant and breakfast buffet … it was really good.

I probably had reason to speak to or observe 10 or so of the staff (reception, bar, restaurant and housekeeping) and they were friendly and helpful without exception.

Am I getting carried away with the praise? Not really, as it’s well deserved.

However … they did run out of burger buns one evening! No great calamity as the pizza was a tasty alternative.

And there was the barking dog.

I heard it while taking a shower and it persisted as I shaved. I hoped it wasn’t disturbing other guests as it seemed rather loud; in another room or the car park I assumed.

Then I discovered the source … sorry, I didn’t realise I had that ring tone or that the alarm volume was set to full!

But, if you choose the Park Inn by Radisson, Peterborough, you’ll be barking up the right tree if your experience is anything like mine.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Richard M, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Argus-UK,

I was glad to hear you were surprised after your expectations being low.
It was great to hear the staff were able to accommodate according to your needs, and they were all friendly. I will be sure to pass your comments on to them. It was also great to hear your whole experience at the hotel was good, i'm sure even realising the dog barking was coming from you phone put a smile on your face!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

A great value hotel, handy for the centre of Peterborough, and for me, the train station (10 minute stroll).

This time got a room on 4th floor facing other side (i.e. not the road) was lovely and quiet. Bed was superb, and the room seemed completely revamped. Had everything you'd want, breakfast was spot on (try and get a rate that includes it, as per most hotel breakfasts it is overpriced if you pay on the day).

Will say all the staff encountered seemed very young, but were charming, efficient and a credit to the hotel.

Only downsides were *minor* At check-in your form asks what newspaper you want - only found out on check-out (when hadn't received) that a) you have to pay for it and b) you have to collect it from reception desk - so it's not left outside your room. As I had little need for it at that point, they simply comped it to me for my train journey - this all should be clearer. Also as a new Club Carlson Gold member - have no idea what perks I did or should have received? Wasn't mentioned, and I had so little time in the hotel I didn't push it.

Finally, please change the horrific soporific 'lift' music played through the hotel. I can deal with it, but feel for the staff for whom it must be like chinese water torture.

Will be back next year!

Room Tip: I had room 422, facing the back - was perfectly quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Moonchild123

Dear Moonchild123,

It was lovely to hear all the positive comments you have to say about the room and breakfast. Even more so about the staff- i will be sure to pass your comments on to the team!

I do apologise about your newspaper, I will ensure the Front Office team are informing guests on check in of the procedure with regards to our newspaper service.

With regards to the music played throughout the hotel, this is updated on an automatic playlist to a company standard.

I was glad to hear you will be back next, and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here after a trip of almost 17 hrs travelling due to bad weather & accidents/roadworks.Handy spot with ample parking & simple check-in.Two weary travellers had a great nights sleep (free wifi),with a speedy ,hearty breakfast next morning.This hotel represents great value for money & a marvellous location for shopping.I get to spend the day here while my other half has a business meeting.Location & convenience is imperative in this instance.Just outside the car-park & the shops are on the doorstop.What more could I ask for?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Gillandash,

I was glad to hear of the positive comments, and glad you had a comfortable nights sleep. I will be sure to pass all your comments on to the team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon, and I hope you didn't spend too much money shopping!