“Friendly service and good food in a great setting”
Review of Boathouse

Boathouse
Ranked #176 of 467 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked a family meal for 9, with dog, at the Boathouse, and the pub was as good as its word and yes had reserved the exact area we wanted. We had good service at the bar, and plenty of jokes and banter with the bar staff. The food came pretty quickly and was tasty and exactly what we had ordered. The staff were very attentive and with good service. We had a good time and have no hesitation in recommending the Boathouse on this experience.

Richard W, Guest Relations Manager at Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at the boathouse, in particular we are delighted to hear that the service from the staff was friendly. Customer service is at the top of our priority list and over the past weeks we have been very focused to ensure all staff are applying our 'excellence of service' steps 100% of the time. We are also very pleased to hear that your meals were tasty and what you ordered, this is what we strive to achieve every time. We really look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Having gone to this pub on the off chance, we will definitely be coming back, Service great and female manger couldn't do enough for us, food good value but great staff and a great setting were the icing on the cake to this gem of a pub!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I was in the boathouse on Friday 25th and at around 11 management (2 women and 1 man ) were drinking at the bar being rowdy louder than the customers that were still in the pub I was so appalled I left , I'm sure this illegal??

1  Thank Jade1789
Richard W, Guest Relations Manager at Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for noting this. However I am more than happy for any member of my team to relax and have a drink when they finish work, are not in uniform and are off duty; especially having worked extremely hard at the end of a long day as Friday was. I can assure you this is not illegal, as a person and a company we are extremely strict on all licensing laws, having been in the licensed trade for many years, and having been an active member of various pubwatch and licensing schemes in the local communities too. I am sorry that this appalled you so much to leave; that would never be an intention.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Recently moved to Peterborough and a few friends came to see me so we decided to go to the boathouse which was recommended to me by a colleague. So glad we did, it's an absolutely beautiful setting on the river! The sun was shining, the drinks were flowing and the staff all seemed to be having a great time, even some dancing and singing behind the bar! We decided to have a few sharing platters between us which were very reasonable although I needed more bread for the cheesey one! We were served by a lady with dark hair and glasses (think she was the manager) who was super friendly and helpful, although it wAs really busy she took the time to have a chat with us and was running back and forth to get us additional sauces etc! All in all we had a lovely evening and will certainly be retuning!

You are right, we have a fantastic pub, and its important that we have the right team, service and food quality that befits the location. Thank you for your kind feedback and we will ensure we continue to work hard to improve further. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We came here for drinks with friends, and loved it! We were from out of town, and the staff were all very friendly, and helpful, pointing us in the right direction for a night out! The food was really nice, and the service was very fast, I ordered the steak and it was great, cooked to perfection! Everything was really reasonably priced!
The assistant manager marade was lovely and really chatty, so thought she deserved a special mention!
There was a playground outside, and loads of kids on it!
I'd recommend the place to families, couples and anyone wanting food and drinks.

1  Thank Katie W

Thank you so much for your feedback. We have been working on a new recruitment policy to establish a great team ethic and atmosphere. I'm really pleased that we are able to show our guests what a great pub we have. We look forward to seeing you again