“Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Peterborough
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Check in was ok without any issues or problems. My room was on the first floor, and it was quite a decent size with plenty of space and room to put my things. It looked very well maintained and the colour scheme was really nice. The temperature in the room was just right and it wasn’t too hot or too cold. The cleanliness was very good and the room was bright and airy.

I received an internet voucher from reception as I was checking in, and this was valid for 24 hours. The internet connection didn’t seem to be very strong because I had to keep signing in from time to time or it just cut off completely. The bed was comfortable enough and I slept nicely.

Breakfast was quite basic with just beans, scrambled eggs and sausages. Continental breakfast was available too.

The snack menu was alright, but I think there could have been more variety and healthier dishes to choose from. I had the lasagne with chips and that was really rather nice along with the presentation. There is a Harvester restaurant which is just a two minute walk away from the hotel.

This was my first visit to a Holiday Inn so I will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Amanda C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to write such a positive review.
Its always nice to hear that our guest had an enjoyable stay. The menu we offer for evening meals is a focus for us going forward. Thank you again for taking time to make us aware of your thoughts. I hope we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Peterborough soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Peterborough

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Very friendly reception, made to feel welcome. Good showers, plenty of breakfast, and even able to do a simple dinner. It was good, and would stay here again.

The location was a bit out of the way but I guess the low price reflects this. One car journey is much the same as another.

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased your stay with us was a pleasant one.
I hope we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Peterborough next time you are in the area.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

It really annoys me that replies to
People's reviews on here seem to be automated !
Instead of addressing individual problems, it is a standard " thank you for your comments, it's good to know where we need to improve".
I stay in hotels all over the country, as many as 3 in any week. If I were running a hotel, I would make it my mission every day to make sure it was at an exceptions standard, that all reviews are positive ..... That's ofcourse if I wanted people to stay there ........ Isn't that the idea !!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to share your views.
We respond to all reviews on an individual basis, but as you can imagine we have many to deal with daily. We do appreciate all reviews and take each one and discus as necessary in our staff meetings.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

When staying under the "Express" banner you know what to expect . The rooms are the usual box as anywhere in this range. That is no complaint at all. Reading through these reviews I am impressed that many seem to have been replied to and that scores in my book. My only negative observation ref the room would be that the heater in the room only just kind of kept the chill off . Reception staff friendly. Breakfast is continental and a bit competitive as guests gather round a rather small area. It's the first time I've come across a bank of traditional toasters rather than the rolling conveyor type (excuse the description) and this kind of slowed things up. The scrambled egg seemed to taste salty and possibly would not be good if you are concerned of salt intake, but maybe my taste buds are faulty ! Anyway, minor observations really. Go stay there.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear David C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the breakfast at the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 January 2014

we stayed overnight as my husband had a judging engagement at the showground close by. we enjoyed the stay, nice clean large room,tv,kettle etc . had two decent size beds but slept in the 1, comfortable, friendly staff, they even allowed dogs.brekfast ok could have been more choice but we were lateish going to breakfast so maybe there was,pub next door to eat altho did take a long time to get food-apparently they didnt know there was a big event on.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Amanda C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you had a good stay with us. It is nice when someone enjoys their stay with us and lets others know of their experience via a review.
I am pleased to see that you found the staff to be friendly and helpfull. I will personally pass on your comments about the staff at our next staff meeting

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I ended up here as the main Holiday Inn was full and although having spent many a night here several years ago, I was reminded why I generally try and avoid the Express hotels.

As soon as I got into my room, within a few minutes I could detect a high pitched whining noise. I eventually tracked it back to the TV, which even though switched off, was making this awful noise, so I disconnected it from the mains. The water from the cold tap smelled really bad, eggy and sulphur like, so obviously has a problem with their drains. The water pressure was exceptionally bad in addition to this, so having a shower wasn't the nicest experience either.

I also had a twin room, which might have been down to the larger beds being taken already, but I haven't slept in a single bed since I was about 12, so this wasn't ideal, although in fairness, was comfortable and I slept well.

I didn't try the food for the evening meal (I never eat at any HI hotel), although looking at the menu, it was all overpriced, basic stuff. Breakfast was a 'continental' affair, which consists of toast, cereal and/or a sausage/egg storage area for the adventurous. Although I went into town, there is a Harvester right next door if you prefer this and don't want to venture too far after a long day.

I wouldn't be in any hurry to return in all honesty, although if you can't find anywhere at short notice, you could probably do worse or pay through the nose for it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Amanda C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

We take notice of all our reviews and i am dissapointed that you found the hotel ordinary.
We do strive to set higher than required brand standards so that we can benchmark ourselves against other hotels within our brand, so we are not happy being that you found us lacking in some areas. Thank you once again for your review as it gives us focus in areas we need to improve.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

very close to diligenta business park, so was able to walk to/from office which was very refreshing... breakfast is fantastic... good clean and safe hotel... no problems whatsoever.... worth staying for personal trips too...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SumeetSD

Thank you for such a positive review.
I hope that next time you are in the area we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Peterborough.