“Excellent as usual”

The Sibson Inn Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 419 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent as usual”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We have just had yet another excellent meal on Sunday at the Sibson Inn, we decided to meet some friends from out of the area as we have never had a bad meal or experienced anything less than excellent service here. The food was as always fab, we weren't rushed at all in fact by the time we looked up from our table it was dark! We have booked to have our wedding at the Sibson because we feel it offers the best food, service and atmosphere. The help and support given by Simon throughout the planning has been superb they really make you feel special at Sibson and attention to detail is wonderful. We have eaten here on Saturday evenings, weekday lunchtimes, Sundays, birthday parties, weddings and never ever been disapointed. A well deserved number one on Trip Advisor and worth a visit if you haven't already been.

• Visited November 2011

Peterborough
“Bad location – Great Place”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Beside the busy A1 is not the best place to be but….
Inside no noise, great staff and good food.
Would go back again.

• Visited October 2011
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Disappointing food at inflated prices”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Having looked at the recent reviews of the Sibson Inn it seems as if we visited a different restaurant on Saturday! Maybe they were having a bad day but the quality of the food was mixed, as was the attitude of the staff.

My husband had stew which was average (at £11.50 rather expensive too), my father-in-law had ham, egg and chips which he said was delicious but my mother-in-law and I had a roast beef sandwich which was far from impressive. The beef was very well-done which I don't mind too much but the bread seemed like a loaf that had just been bought from a local supermarket. The salad was not great either and for £7.50 the meal was a real disappointment. The lady who served us failed to smile once and was very abrupt but in contrast the guy on the bar was fantastic, friendly and very welcoming.

The Inn looks absolutely beautiful from the outside and we have often thought that we would like to visit whilst travelling up and down the A1. Unfortunately on the basis of this experience we won't be back.

“Excellent food and service.”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Great choice on the menu, great food, great staff. What more can I say? Highly recommended.

“Not as good as I was expecting”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Came here with high hopes. No1 on trip advisor (July 2011) room a little dingy, only one table lamp no other lights my room . Dated bathroom that needs a makeover but it was clean. went to restaurant for dinner. Pleasant girl greeted me and showed me to a table, she asked me what I wanted to drink, what draught ales do you have ? I asked, none she replied. Oh.. I said " what do you have bottled" "budweiser" she said. " I replied, " sorry I meant what ales do you sell in bottles" sorry we only sell budweiser. I had check the fridge for myself and true enough the only lager or bitter in the fridge was bud. Running out of ideas I then asked " what do you have on fraught " the reply was " carlsberg, kronenburg, Sotho grins and guinness" settling for a pint of 1664 I looked through the menu. All starters were £5.00 or £5.50, skipping past mushroom soup, melon etc etc I settled for cold fish salad which was basically a posh prawn cocktail. The main, ribeye steak was much better, cooked well with nicely done home cooked chip, home made onion rings were really good. Only dissapointment was the Stilton sauce which at best was thin gravy with a mild hint of Stilton. No one came to me at all to ask me how my meal was, in fact there was very little customer service considering I wad on my own , nothing in fact not " have you travelled far, are you on business" nothing so was left very much to myself which some might find refreshing but I was expecting something. There was 2 staff on that night. As I am typing this both of them are behind the bar knocking another customer right in front of me . Totally unprofessional and that will now affect my scoring even further. In summary, it's ok plain unexciting menu but cooked well, waitress service needs attention. Now the girls are having a good natter about the stalky shoes for £6.00 in matalan

TheSibsonInn, Owner at The Sibson Inn Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
I have written to this customer apologising for our shortfalls

As he pointed out we are number 1 in the Peterborough area on tripadvisor. Also 94% of laterooms customers would recommend us. So we can't be all bad!

Regards