Dragonfly Hotel Peterborough
  • Restaurant
Sibson Inn Hotel(Peterborough)
Bull Hotel(Peterborough)
  • Pool
All reviewsrowing lakerowing clubpub next doorhotel is situatedwould stay againbuffet breakfastlovely settingstayed for one nighta ground floor roombit datedcity centrereception areatea and coffee making facilitiesevening mealweekend breakcomfy bedkarina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had our Christmas party on 6th Dec( along with a number of rooms), and cannot fault the staff or rooms, 1st the staff could not do enough to make us feel at home. The rooms were fab, we had a couple of people who use hotels all the time and both agreed they had the best nights sleep they had ever had. the meal on Saturday and breakfast was very good. All in all it was a very lovely weekend Thank you to all the staff, and a very merry Christmas to all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
GMPeterborough, General Manager at Dragonfly Hotel Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Ann M
Thank you for your kind comments following your party night with us, I’m delighted your party had a great time at the hotel. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for future functions.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel on the 2nd and 3rd of December, the staff were fantastic especially Lucia on reception. The food in the restaurant was also great value and nice, service great too, I was very impressed.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Gembo2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay with us, and I’m delighted we were able to exceed your expectations during your time here. I will share your feedback with the team. Thank you again for your comments

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I picked this hotel as I was working in Peterborough for a few months. After 3 weeks I couldn't bear to stay tells were full. Horrible.here anymore. 2 months later I returned for 3 nights as other horrible.

There seem to be two wings here, one sound proof, and one with plasterboard walls (rooms 237/137 - (I think) 129/229. Non sound proof rooms have plasterboard walls and you hear your neighbours above below and to the sides.

Soundproof rooms are actually fit for purpose.

Staff vary from excellent to angry/rude. Tonight on purchasing bar drinks, twice I had my change slammed on the bar with no eye contact from the barman who I stopped from chatting to colleagues/cleaning glasses.

This week on checking in and entering my room, I was 'browned off' by the state of the toilet (exactly what you do not want as a gift from previous occupants). I poured a lot of water down the toilet and flushed a lot to make it less offensive. there was a dirty boot print on the table in my room.

I mentioned to 2 hotel staff and asked for this to be addressed. returned after work next day and no address. Toilet was better due to my actions, but needed bleach to remove 2(?) week old scum. So I again requested at reception that it was cleaned. Also mentioned the cup rings on the desk tops next to the dirty kettle.

Went to work and came back and toilet was still dirty. Cup rings still in place.

All 3 nights involve neighbours noise (TV and just thudding because of lack of soundproofing as they walk around their room). Bathroom stinks.

room has been decorated recently(ongoing but within last month or so) but paint is already chipped.

Heating only is available in the evening so if like me you need an early start for work, you freeze at 6am.

I won't come here ever

Room Tip: Soundproofed room make this hotel acceptable, I had that one week and managed to sleep
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear AndyfromEarth,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay with us, and I’m sorry that your experiences fell short of your expectations. I have discussed your feedback at length with my head housekeeper, who wishes to be associated with my apologies for the issues you encountered with your room. I have asked that your comments be included in a refresher training program for all of our team to restate the levels of basic service we expect. I am sorry that on this occasion we have fallen below our usual high standards, that so many of our guests enjoy, and thank you again for brining these issues to my attention.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed Friday and Saturday evening 1 & 2 November 2013 and was really impressed. The hotel was in a lovely setting by a lake,very picturesque. Having said that it was not far from the town, about £3.50 to £5 in taxi. We used local taxis several times as we had arrived by rail leaving the car at home. The breakfast was good and plentiful and a meal in the restaurant on Friday evening was very enjoyable. What they do really well at this hotel is making the guest feel valued and welcome. The customer service we received was impeccable The staff were really polite and could not do enough to help us. I would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel or recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GMPeterborough, General Manager at Dragonfly Hotel Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Jackie S

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us, and I’m delighted that you had a great experience.
I will ensure your kind words are shared with the team, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights using a 'Buy a Gift ' voucher. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They were lovely to talk to and very welcoming. The room was clean and tidy. The food was delicious and we had a lovely 2 night stay. The breakfast was fantastic and the staff were prepared to cook us more if we wanted (we were too full!). The views over the lake were also lovely to look at. The town was a 5 minute drive away and we spent the day there shopping. All in all a great place to stay and we will return again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Hayley S

Thank you for your great feedback, and I’m delighted you had a great stay with us. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time!