“Great hotel-would go back again”

Holiday Inn Peterborough West
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Helpful staff on Reception- changed my room from ground floor to second as I was a 'lone female' - never had that happen before! Room & bathroom reasonable size and clean! Labelled hard & soft pillows! Breakfast staff lovely and good food selection. Very happy with visit! Would have been nice to have had free wifi!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 July 2011

I find Holiday Inns can vary from pretty poor and tired to excellent, this one was certainly at the upper end of the range. The room was large and airy with a large comfortable bed, it was well maintained with a good sized bathroom which again was well looked after. All in all a very pleasant and comfortable stay. I would also add that the conference facilities were good with very helpful staff. It was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Staff are always polite and extremely helpful. Great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 30 June 2011

The hotel looks and feels good, and it's situated in a very nice suburb-y neighborhood. My bad rating is due to the really bad customer service. Based on the description on Expedia, the wireless internet should have been included/complimentary. When I checked in, I was told that there would be a charge (about $16 a night). When I showed them the Expedia description, they argued they continued to ignore the information and argued the point in a very rude manner.

The Front Desk Manager (or person in charge) was impolite, snide and mean. She finally consulted the General Manager (or so she said), and condescendingly provided the wireless. By then, I was very angry at the poor treatment and offensive behavior.

Later that day, I went to the restaurant, and again, the staff was bad-mannered and purposely confrontational.

I was very surprised at the lack of customer service at this Holiday Inn, since I’ve normally had a good experience with the chain in the US and in other locations.

So, despite the nice hotel, the bad service is enough to put off any traveler.

Room Tip: Have the Expedia hotel/room description on hand.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stay here quite a lot on business and the service is excellent - the girls on check-in are always very friendly and helpful - the air conditioning in the rooms is great in this hot weather - and the black pudding at breakfast is the best

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Stayed here for one night at the end of May to break up our journey to North Yorkshire. As I checked in I spotted a deal for dinner that evening – disappointingly it wasn’t offered to me until I pointed it out …… I went into my room and was very frustrated to find it was a twin bedded room. I phoned reception but they were most unhelpful – I told them I had booked a double room but they informed me I had booked a “room” on the internet, apparently I should of phoned the hotel to request a double. I was annoyed because there was no customer service about my complaint, I would have paid for an upgrade if it had been offered to me. Due to this I decided not to eat in the hotel and we walked to the pub down the road – very reasonably priced meal. The room was fine and the breakfast included in the price was very nice.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel to confirm your room choice
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Could not fault anything about the hotel, all the staff we had dealings with were very helpful, friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Although the lift was out of action, it was no problem as all our bags were brought up to our room on 4th floor. It was our 50th wedding anniversary the next day, so the evening we spent at the hotel the night before really started it off well.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple