“Perfect for the occasional night away from home”

Holiday Inn Peterborough West
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Chislehurst
“Perfect for the occasional night away from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times as it is close to one of our offices.
Always guaranteed a good night's sleep, plenty of channels to choose from and the menu has enough choice to satisfy most people.
The staff have always been nice and friendly. Never had an issue with the rooms and the food in the restaurant is quite nice.
Will stay there again, not just because it is near the offices but because it was good :-)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough West, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you start your review by saying you will always get a great night’s sleep with us – as a hotel this is one of the best compliments we can hope to receive. I am also very happy to read that you have never had an issue with us and our team members are always professional and friendly. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Robert Ford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

I got to the hotel around half nine in the evening, at the stage when you're not sure whether to bother with food. Ordered risotto and fillet of sea bass on the room service menu. Absolutely delicious, phoned down to the kitchen to thank them. Can't remember the last time I did that! Next day, a tricky meeting with a Board in one of their meeting rooms. Room was fine, nothing really special, but the service was stunning. On time to the nearest minute, non-intrusive, superb food, couldn't fault them. A good hotel with way above average service. Sums them up!

Room Tip: Make a point of asking for a quiet room. I could hear the air conditioning. My only criticism of th...
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you had such a wonderful time with us during your break and found everything to your liking. I will share your review with our team members so they can see that their hard work is appreciated by our guests. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Really nice modern hotel. On the downside was the £20 charge for 48 hours wi-fi, I pay less for a months access at home! The lack of recognition for being a priority reward platinum member was also very disappointing. I'm beginning to doubt the reasons for being loyal if all I get is points! Beware of the beer as well, I wasn't the only guest to send a pint back. Very tangy off tasting.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PCTravel_Number01
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough West, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I’m pleased to read our found our hotel to be modern and comfortable. Your comments concerning our WiFi prices and our beer have been noted. I’m sorry that you don’t feel as though being a platinum member hasn’t much significance with us – this will be discussed at length in order to avoid it happening again.

Bourne End, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

Usually I'm not a great fan of corporate chains. I would rather stay in smaller independent hotels, B&Bs or pubs if I had the chance, but sometimes I don't have the chance! Up until now my experience of chains such as Holiday Inn have been average at best, but this week's business stop over made me think.

It's all about the people. The fantastic Scottish assistant Manager at the front desk bailed me out of a problem (no corporate booking) even when the hotel was mostly full. It was very busy (only had 2 rooms left - which says something in mid Feb) and bar and restaurant crowded due to football match on TV (Celtic vs Juventus). She was kind, efficient and courteous. What more can you ask for.

Room was standard average, food was standard average, draught bitter (beer) selection as usual limited to Boddingtons but the bar staff, the restaurant staff at breakfast and the conference staff were all really nice people and good to deal with. They made the difference. If it wasn't for them then this would have been another standard dreary stay in a faceless, grey, boring 'hotel'.

I want to thank them all for making the stay bearable, especially the Glasweigan assistant manager as Celtic lost 0-3 and she was still cheerful! Now if only the other chain hotels can understand this (recruit nice people who understand things from your point of view) then the travelling business public might change its mind about their hotels (maybe?).

Room Tip: mine was noisy but that's because it's by a main road - Doh!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough West, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that our team members made your stay with us special and you enjoyed your experience with Holiday Inn Peterborough West. I will make sure to share your review with our team members (especially the one in question) so they realise that their hard work does not go unnoticed. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

We held one of our regular off-site Management Meetings in the Oundle Room yesterday and received excellent service yet again.
Equipment such as Projector Screen, Flipchart and pens is all provided, also unlimited tea, coffee, water and biscuits.
Will use again - the room was ideal for our requirements.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

I’m very pleased to read that we provided the perfect service for your management meeting. I hope to welcome you back when you need our facilities again.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

I have been at the hotel several times for business travel and my stays have not been a bad experience. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The TV has endless HD channels.

I have been disappointed in the extra charge for the wireless internet, while it appeared to be complimentary on the room confirmation. I brought this to the attention of the person I checked in with, who was going to talk to her manager. At check out, I did inquire if the manager had been approached on this item, which has not been the case. Staff let me know I was not the only one compalining. The result is that I do not have dinner and drinks at the Holiday Inn in the evening, but rather go the pub next door with free wifi (so I can be on-line and working).

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough West, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that as a returning customer you continue to enjoy your stays with us. Your comments about the WiFi have been taken on board and we will endeavour to make it clear to our guests at check in. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

business took me back to HInn Pboro West , my previous stays had been excellent but i was very pleased to say that my stay was even better than last time. Location is great (for me & work). the whole hotel is always spotlessly clean. the bar / restaraunt has a great menu & the staff are very good. the reception staff are the best i have come across - attentive, polite , very helpful & they smile !! The hotel is a must for me everytime i am in the area. It's vital that after a long journey or day at work the evening overnight stay refreshes you & that the environment is up to standard & the Holiday Inn Peterborough West is the perfect stay for me

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you continue to enjoy your stays with us and especially enjoy our location. I’m glad our team members are some of the best you have come across; I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.