“Comfortable and clean”

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and clean”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a course I was doing through my work. The conference facilities were good with well stocked rooms. And my room was clean and comfortable just what you want when away from home overnight. The staff were always friendly and helpful.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Batheaston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice clean welcoming hotel, excellent helpful staff, who go the extra mile to provide great service, staff went out of their way to provide a special dietary need. An excellent experience, we will use again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fay H
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

booked into the holiday inn west in peterborough for my anniversary on arrival we had been upgraded and was made to feel very welcome.
in our room was free bottles of water x2 a tin of pringles and a bar or chocolate as well as the tea/coffee tray.
there were also comfy slippers and a towling robe for each of us.
we spent some time in the pool and jaccuzi before going out for dinner.
had an amaing nights sleep on the biggest bed ive ever seen
in the morning we went down for breakfast and there was enough food to feed an army and just as many choices as well
will definatly stay here again and would definatly reccomend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: definatly book early for good deals and look at an executive suite as definatly worth the little ext...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rugby, UK
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a very average hotel. It has a seventies vibe about the place as you pull in, it just doesn't look modern. I was there for work and check in and check out we're ok, and as I was working nights it was fairly quiet.

However I had a twin bedded room which I didn't like as I much prefer a double bed, and the door was very stiff and heavy causing me to drop my room service tray as I tried to put it outside.

Room service itself was ok if a bit limited but it was quick to be delivered. Breakfast was however very good.

I also didn't like the non slip mat in the bath for shower use which appeared to be some sort of strong paper that wrinkled up when it got wet.

To sum up neither good nor bad, just average.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Baldipaul
Generalmanager45, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough West, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, your feedback is very helpful. I am pleased we provided a comfortable base for you and we will work hard to become better than average.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here last week as working in Peterborough. I arrived to check in and the blond haired receptionist in her 20's was very unwelcoming - She gave me a very frosty welcome. Someone had spelt me surname wrong when booking my reservation and I had a five minute debate with her that the name they had was wrong. No 'I do apologise let me get your name corrected for you'. I felt like pulling my driving license out as proof of ID in the end.

Room hadn't been cleaned properly as there were the remains of someone else's crunched up crisps on the floor underneath the desk where TV stands. The evening meal was lovely - I had the sirloin steak / Breakfast was just OK.

Would I stay here again.... Erm no - Not unless I had to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Generalmanager45, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough West, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am sorry that we did not demonstrate a more caring welcome to you. I will take the time to discuss your impression with the reception team and do hope you will forgive us this shortfall.

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed with a party of work colleagues attending an awards ceremony in the hotel, all of my previous visits here have been great with good efficient service, that has prompted me to use other hotels in the group wherever I can.
This visit was different, the welcome at reception was non-existent, I was clearly registered by someone who was not enjoying their job and I was getting in the way of them doing something else.
After the ceremony we returned to the bar where we wanted to order some food, as the meal had been pretty poor, not sure if that was down to what was requested or another drop in standards, we have used this hotel for large functions and had excellent food and service, but again this had dropped - I don't eat dessert, but they insisted on dropping a plate of some tart or other in front of me and then refused to take it away until I had mashed it into the plate to make it look like it had been eaten.
Anyway returning to the bar, they only had one thing available of what was advertised on the menu, so we ordered three of these. After an hour and a half we were told that the night porter was doing other things and would get round to it when he was ready (it was gone midnight by this point) we told him to forget it and went to bed hungry.

Not a good experience and we will be thinking twice about coming back again, which is a shame because this was a great place to stay, the rooms remain comfortable and clean, but so are the rooms in the other hotels in Peterborough.

Room Tip: Try the Bull, or the Marriott
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Generalmanager45, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough West, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that your recent stay did not measure up to your previous experiences. I will certainly take the time to discuss your observations with the hotel team and we will make efforts to address the points you raise.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed one night. Fabulous - staff were all excellent, smart, professional, curteous and efficient. Bar staff on saturday evening were attentive and polite. Room layout and cleanliness very good indeed. Food was also very well presented, served up in good time and tasty too. Pool and changing rooms sufficient for a one night stay with polite, well mannered reception staff.
We struggled to find anything wrong with the whole experience. Nice to feel very traditionally English. A spacious building, excellent parking and very reasonably priced. Really impressed. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: It looked like all rooms were very good. No view at back just roof and aircon units looking from 2nd...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sam907,

Thank you for your lovely and kind review. It is always encouraging to read of a pleasurable stay.

Kind regards,,