“Amazing”

GreenLeadersBronze level
putney
“Amazing”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have just returned from an amazing stay - from arrival to departure the Hotel team were superb. My business commitments take me all over the country and this is one of the best hotels I have ever been, the staff were attentive, the food was excellent and the room superb. I was in the older part of the building in a spacious split level room, certainly had the wow factor, I will be back with family for a quiet weekend. Compliments to the Manager and staff for maintaining such a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in older part of Hotel are amazing oozing with character
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PutneySimon
HaycockManager, General Manager at Haycock Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Simon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review of your recent stay with us.

The entire team at the Haycock take great pride in maintaining this beautiful hotel and providing outstanding customer service so I am delighted to hear we are one of the best hotels you have ever stayed in.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel with your family in the near future.

David Moeller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My party of 12 attended the hotel's summer ball on Friday 20th June '14 and in all honesty could not fault the hotel staff for their diligence in ensuring that we had a wonderful time. Dinner was very reasonably priced and was excellent, made more palatable by a donation of 10% of the ticket price to "The Parkinsons charity". The hotel demonstrated that they weren't out to increase their profit margin by increasing the cost of their very extensive list of fine wines. The evenings entertainment was provided by a superb live band playing music from the every decade from 50's to the present day. My party stayed the night and were very satisfied with the quality of the beds and room cleanliness. Breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious.

This is the first review that I have written and I am not associated in anyway with the hotel or any member of staff. I've written this review in the hope that you will be tempted to attend their New Years Eve Ball which I'm sure will match our Summer Ball experience. I feel confident enough to book a very much larger party for this event.

Room Tip: The hotel is situated in the really beautiful limestone village of Wansford just of the A1 between S...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank martin_lock20
Dear Martin,

It is great to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to write your very first Trip Advisor review about the hotel and Charity Ball we held last Friday.

I have passed your wonderful comments onto the team who are all thrilled that our first Charity Ball went so well and raised so much money. One of our continued aims is to contribute and work closely with the wider community and is something we will be aiming to do through our forthcoming events.

I look forward to welcoming you and your guests back at our New Years Eve Dinner Dance.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

First of all it is a beautiful venue and many guests have complimented us on our choice. The location and the hotel itself is very beautiful. Secondly We have been very happy with the service. As our wedding was somewhat unusual in its itinerary and meals offered, we very much appreciated the flexibility shown in every aspect, especially the baking of a German recipe cake. Bryony, the wedding coordinator has been fantastic in the year ahead of our wedding, always friendly and helpful, accommodating our every wish, giving us advise and making sure we do not forget any of the traditional details. Our meetings were most helpful, productive and calming. We were able to decorate the ballroom the night before and it was no issue at all that we were only able to do this during night hours. Any decorating items chosen by us were allowed; lights, bunting, real candles, fantastic. Thank you for recommending the Disco too, our DJ was fantastic and most, if not all, our chosen songs were played. Thanks also to Dan, our coordinator on the wedding day who looked after us very well, he was pleasant to work with and very attentive. We felt well looked after and want to thank all waiters and waitresses as well, which cleared tables quick, worked their way through the lighting of 90 different lanterns and figured out how each one opens. When I asked for more water on the table the young guy came to find me to report it was done. We loved our spacious bridal suite and would stay again any time. We loved sharing breakfast with all our friends in the morning where we were spoilt for choice. All in all the best day of our live, thanks to the Haycock and its staff. We recommend the Haycock, not just for weddings but also for a relaxing lunch in the beautiful garden and surrounded by the lovely houses in Wansford, near Peterborough.

Room Tip: The rooms with window seats are the most beautiful. Big bathrooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mandy L
Dear Mandy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the review of your wedding day.

It is always lovely to hear such positive feedback about our staff and the service they provide. I will ensure these comments are passed onto the team.

I am delighted to hear that our team were able to make your big day everything you wished for and we all hope to welcome you both back into the hotel soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The room is old and average and needs some degree of refurbishment. Staff at the reception are one of the most impatient, unfriendly (and perhaps rude) front desks staff I've ever encountered. The hotel looks nice and well kept from the outside but that's all it has to offer. Will not come back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HaycockManager, General Manager at Haycock Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear CookieMon,

I am deeply saddened to read that your experience of the Haycock was not to your expectations, or to our normal standard as you can see from previous reviews.

Staff training is on-going within the hotel, to ensure that every effort is made to guarantee that all our staff are trained to provide a high level of service. I have spoken with my reception team to ensure that the issues you encountered during your stay are not repeated.

Should you wish to return to the Haycock, please can I ask that you let me know so that I can personally welcome you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We went to the Haycock for Sunday lunch on Fathers Day. The setting is lovely but unfortunately the food was just not up to scratch. Three of our party had starters (1 x melon, 2 x salmon) which were well presented & tasty. However the main courses (pork & beef roasts) were disappointing. The Yorkshire puddings were chewy, pork dry, roast potatoes weren't crispy, the parsnips were soggy. Overall, the food seemed to have been reheated badly. The desserts were good but didn't make up for the main course. The fathers in our party were treated to a goody bag which was a nice touch. Our bill was adjusted as we were not happy which was good, but we would much rather have had a lovely meal!! Would not rush back!

• Stayed June 2014
HaycockManager, General Manager at Haycock Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Nicola,

I was terribly upset to hear that you were disappointed with your fathers day meal. As a father myself I appreciate the importance of the spending quality time with the family.

I understand that my duty manager on the day adjusted your bill accordingly and should you return to the hotel, can I please ask that you contact me directly prior to your arrival so that I can personally welcome you.

Rushden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We had passed through Wansford a few times and noticed the Haycock.

We decided to stop for lunch here. The service was excellent, everyone so polite.

The food was excellent too with brilliant presentation. I had chips, each cuff identically and cooked in lard or dripping I believe.

We'll definitely visit again but this time for dinner.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Glenn

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal and the Bentleys Restaurant.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Myself and now wife had our wedding at The Haycock and the service from start to finish was exceptional. Bryony our wedding coordinator was fantastic answering all of our questions and taking the strain off us both. On the day, Dan took over to make sure everything ran perfectly - and it did. Dan, Bryony, the waiting staff and Diane on reception were all incredible and nothing was too much trouble.
I would highly recommend this venue and not only for weddings. We cannot sing their praises enough and we shall be returning.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Tone0970
HaycockManager, General Manager at Haycock Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Tony,

I was delighted to read that you were taken care off, both on the run up to your big day and on your Wedding Day.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments about the team here at the Haycock, which I have personally passed on.

Wishing you both all the happiness in the future and we hope to be welcoming you back for you anniversary.