“Our perfect wedding day!!”
Review of Bull Hotel

Bull Hotel
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I recently got married at the bull hotel (13/4/13) and I want to say how perfect and magical they made our day feel! All the staff were amazing and extremely helpful! The function rooms were dressed beautifully for my ceremony, wedding breakfast and my evening reception. Every thing I needed, no matter how big or little, they did it instantly to best of their ability!! My wedding co-ordinator was absolutely amazing (Andrew). He went above and beyond for every single guest of ours and was especially helpful for me and my husband! I will be eternally greatful to everyone at this hotel for giving us the wedding of our dreams! I would recommend absolutely everyone to have their wedding at The Bull hotel! I would recommend anyone to stay at the bull hotel! I would recommend anyone to eat at the bull hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2013
OpsDirect, Operations Director at Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear ZSharpe,
That was a wonderful review and so enthusiastic, for which I am really grateful.
I am really pleased too, with your kind words regarding the way in which Andrew looked after you on the day, he will be thrilled.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and we hope that it will not be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I was there for a night only on a business trip. The hotel is no more than 10 min walk from the station and in the city centre near the pubs, restaurants and shops. Very happy with the reception, rooms, bar, etc.

Next time I'm in town, I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr_Muna,
Thank you for your review, and I am very pleased that you were happy with your stay.
We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I was only here for 2 short days, but felt I got decent service all round when i required it, in a nice clean hotel with a warm environment, location was perfect for me, very central, a general thumbs up if you don't mind a little price tag for your comfort.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
OpsDirect, Operations Director at Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear EnglishTourist1985,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion, and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Great stay in the heart of Peterborough. Very close to train station, bus station and the cathedral. Many good hotels close by. The rooms are comfortable and staff is very friendly. If you're ordering a cab, make sure you give enough time as many cab companies come late.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear PriyaChicago,
I am glad that you enjoyed your time here with us in Peterborough, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Booked room through travel agent. Unable to get to hotel because of bad weather conditions - snow. The agent said they had paid the hotel so it was up to the hotel whether to allow change of date, but the hotel wouldn't let me change the days. They said if I had gone to them to book then they would have done so but because I went to a travel agent it wasn't their policy to allow this to be done. So we lost out. Not good. Will not go to this hotel in the future. I am sure they cannot have been so booked up in March that they couldn't have allowed us to move dates. They have the money though and didn't come up with the room! Not good.

Room Tip: Have no idea what the hotel is like as we didn't get there!
Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MEL447

Dear MEL447,
I have noted your comments which are surprising to me.
I would confirm that your cancellation, left us with a room to sell, and as we were fully booked on the night in question, this prevented us from selling the room on to another guest.
We like all hotels operated an industry wide cancellation policy, just like the airlines too.
After all, we did hold the room on your behalf for as long as it was booked, and entered into the expense of preparing it for you. You were well aware of the cancellation charge that would be made in the event of your cancelling, as this was confirmed to you at the time of booking.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed for a week at Bull Hotel and was impressed overall, the hotel is very clean and has a modern interior. The staff were helpful and friendly. The restaurant has some nice food and offers a complete room service menu. The one downside I had was that I was in a back room down a long corridor that faced a brick wall and could hear a constant humming from outside.
I will stay again when I am next in Peterborough but will be wary of getting the same room again.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the rooms down the back of the hotel that face brick walls.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
OpsDirect, Operations Director at Bull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear john2009163,
Good to hear, and let us hope that it is not too long before we see you again.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

A few friends and I recently stayed in the family room, which was spacious and comfortable . During the stay we were helped out many times due to several of us forgetting items such as razors etc, each time we were all impressed in the polite and helpful nature of the staff. Dinner and breakfast were tasty. Overall our short stop overnight which we stumbled upon was comfortable and I look forward to staying agaib

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear mconnarty,
That was very kind of you, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and naturally look forward to welcoming you back very soon.