“Cheesecake, Cheesecake, Cheesecake!”

Ranked #32 of 422 Restaurants in Peterborough
Price range: US$39 - US$85
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
“Cheesecake, Cheesecake, Cheesecake!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We have been here a few times this year and visited recently for the summer menu taster evening and had a lovely time!

The service was attentive, the starter and main where lovely, but the cheesecake was without question, the best dessert I have ever had!

We didn't have the best table, close to the bar and walkway and felt a little exposed, but that's my only fault with an enjoyable evening!

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Forgotten diners”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I rang the restaurant at 6.30 to book a table for 8pm. All seemed well until we turned up at 7.50 and waited 10 minutes for a young waiter to speak to us and that was me interrupting him. He asked us to sit and wait in the lobby whilst they set our table. No offer of a drink whilst we waited. 30 minutes later we walked out starving as we had been forgotten. Still don't think they've realised now 24 hours later. Very poor and with a hygiene rating of 3 out of 5 I noticed on my long wait in the lobby I'm glad. We eventually ended up at the fitzwiliam arms for a lovely meal. Forget this one or be forgotten.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Debbie C
Warrington
“Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

After getting a glowing recommendation from a friend, we arrive at Loch Fyne with high hopes. The room was uncomfortably cold, but the waitress sorted this problem for us.
The starter arrived fairly quickly and was very nice (prawns in chilli & garlic). But We then proceeded to waited a very long time for the main course, which we wouldn't have minded, but when it eventually arrived, the disappointment kicked in. It was a masterclass in how to take good quality ingredients and turn them into something altogether different. The fish was edible, but overcooked, the vegetables had been microwaved until they were rubbery and inedible and the dauphinois potatoes appeared to have been reheated multiple times until all moisture was removed. None of the food was up to the standard we expected from this chain of restaurants. The staff were apologetic and did take one of the meals off the bill, but they really need to up their game if the want repeat business. The overall experience could have been so much better. I'm not a chef, but I could have taken those lovely, simple ingredients and turned them into a beautiful plate of food that my guests would have relished - at half the cost.
Poor, just poor. And disappointing.

• Visited April 2014
“not as good as used to be”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I had a lovely birthday meal - when they do lobster etc is excellent but my husbands fishcake was mediocre and the roasted veg were not, the onion was hardly cooked and there wasnt much of it. Loch fyne (greene king) have to be careful to maintain standards or the brand will suffer. Staff always excellent and hard working, but food can be not as good as it used to be!!

Visited April 2014
Peterborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shame. It could be so much sharper.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Nice building in lovely surrounds, friendly staff that could do with being more engaging and available more as I had to introduce myself rather than be greeted, chase them for the bill again to pay then stand by the till I caught someone, up market menu that looked promising but limited by lack of stock, couldn't have 5 things and we booked mid lunch on what appeared a quiet day, food arrived at an average speed but good was hot and fresh so didn't mind a little wait, total lack of atmosphere, would have paid £35 for lunch for two with just two mains and one glass of wine which is a lot for the level of service if we hadn't taken part in a discount scheme which saved us £9...

I have also felt I'll for the 4 hrs since returning home, and am normally never bothered by seafood...

The food and service should be a lot sharper to back up the location overall appearance of the place and the price tag...