“Great food, great service and beautiful surroundings”
Review of Loch Fyne Elton

Loch Fyne Elton
Ranked #42 of 467 Restaurants in Peterborough
Price range: US$42 - US$92
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I head read the reviews and was put off to be honest but my partner insisted on going, so glad he did! Food was fresh and tasted amazing & the cheesecake was possibly the best I have ever eaten. The staff were very friendly and helpful along with the atmosphere of the place was just perfect. If I was in a rush I wouldnt go here but if you want to eat great food in a lovely and relaxed environment then deffinately go there, I cant wait to go back.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Came here at 5.30 and started our main at 7.30. The restaurant wasn't even full. Poor service. Food was ok but not worth waiting so long for

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We have been here a few times this year and visited recently for the summer menu taster evening and had a lovely time!

The service was attentive, the starter and main where lovely, but the cheesecake was without question, the best dessert I have ever had!

We didn't have the best table, close to the bar and walkway and felt a little exposed, but that's my only fault with an enjoyable evening!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I rang the restaurant at 6.30 to book a table for 8pm. All seemed well until we turned up at 7.50 and waited 10 minutes for a young waiter to speak to us and that was me interrupting him. He asked us to sit and wait in the lobby whilst they set our table. No offer of a drink whilst we waited. 30 minutes later we walked out starving as we had been forgotten. Still don't think they've realised now 24 hours later. Very poor and with a hygiene rating of 3 out of 5 I noticed on my long wait in the lobby I'm glad. We eventually ended up at the fitzwiliam arms for a lovely meal. Forget this one or be forgotten.

2  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed 16 April 2014

After getting a glowing recommendation from a friend, we arrive at Loch Fyne with high hopes. The room was uncomfortably cold, but the waitress sorted this problem for us.
The starter arrived fairly quickly and was very nice (prawns in chilli & garlic). But We then proceeded to waited a very long time for the main course, which we wouldn't have minded, but when it eventually arrived, the disappointment kicked in. It was a masterclass in how to take good quality ingredients and turn them into something altogether different. The fish was edible, but overcooked, the vegetables had been microwaved until they were rubbery and inedible and the dauphinois potatoes appeared to have been reheated multiple times until all moisture was removed. None of the food was up to the standard we expected from this chain of restaurants. The staff were apologetic and did take one of the meals off the bill, but they really need to up their game if the want repeat business. The overall experience could have been so much better. I'm not a chef, but I could have taken those lovely, simple ingredients and turned them into a beautiful plate of food that my guests would have relished - at half the cost.
Poor, just poor. And disappointing.