“Loch Fyne, R.I.P…you are sadly missed!”
Review of Loch Fyne Elton

Loch Fyne Elton
Ranked #42 of 467 Restaurants in Peterborough
Price range: US$42 - US$92
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was our second visit to the picturesque Loch Fyne at Elton and sadly our last!
On the first occasion several years ago we were in awe of the architecture,setting and of course the beautifully presented food which was very good quality and quantity.
Our latest excursion left four diners very hungry & frustrated by our very disappointing dining experience. Stingy minuscule portions of fish and other dishes, uncooked rice, poor quality frozen double cooked chips etc left all of us completely bemused,hungry and annoyed. Adults being fed child size portions will always upset and disappoint diners. Staff report that this is a common complaint but the management unfortunately do not act on feed back and do not care about customer satisfaction levels. This is a poor, greedy restaurant who exploit their patrons with over priced food… they do not care about repeat custom.
I wish that I had known that the late great Loch Fyne restaurant in all its former glory and splendour had actually died many years ago, I mourn... R.I.P!

4  Thank TrueReview63

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I head read the reviews and was put off to be honest but my partner insisted on going, so glad he did! Food was fresh and tasted amazing & the cheesecake was possibly the best I have ever eaten. The staff were very friendly and helpful along with the atmosphere of the place was just perfect. If I was in a rush I wouldnt go here but if you want to eat great food in a lovely and relaxed environment then deffinately go there, I cant wait to go back.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Came here at 5.30 and started our main at 7.30. The restaurant wasn't even full. Poor service. Food was ok but not worth waiting so long for

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We have been here a few times this year and visited recently for the summer menu taster evening and had a lovely time!

The service was attentive, the starter and main where lovely, but the cheesecake was without question, the best dessert I have ever had!

We didn't have the best table, close to the bar and walkway and felt a little exposed, but that's my only fault with an enjoyable evening!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I rang the restaurant at 6.30 to book a table for 8pm. All seemed well until we turned up at 7.50 and waited 10 minutes for a young waiter to speak to us and that was me interrupting him. He asked us to sit and wait in the lobby whilst they set our table. No offer of a drink whilst we waited. 30 minutes later we walked out starving as we had been forgotten. Still don't think they've realised now 24 hours later. Very poor and with a hygiene rating of 3 out of 5 I noticed on my long wait in the lobby I'm glad. We eventually ended up at the fitzwiliam arms for a lovely meal. Forget this one or be forgotten.

2  Thank Debbie C