“Raw”

Ranked #27 of 438 Restaurants in Peterborough
Price range: US$39 - US$85
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Raw”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Second time I have visited this restaurant and both times I have been left disappointed. Staff are perfectly friendly but food is just not up to scratch. I ordered the lamb which was advertised as "served pink"- brilliant as I love lamb slightly rare, but it was served still raw and cold in the middle. I had a few mouthfuls which left me with a stomach ache, but eventually returned the dish to no apology from the staff.

3 Thank ruthtrotman

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The building is lovely, the staff were friendly and attentive, the menu read well, but the food was a bit meh. Nice enough, but I've had better - especially for the price.

1 Thank HelenMcW
“Disappoint”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

It was the first visit for us and to be onest we were expect much more better then what we get!We were 6 of us and spend total of 240 pounds and get 2 fish and chips burn,the tagliolini pasta seafood plain with out taste and colt,risotto seafood miserable portion and the mussels inside they were smell off,mix grill fish value 20 pounds,served in a bowl plate with just 4 mussels,1 prawns,1 escalope and small chunk of salmon,this is not mean mix grill at all!The start came late and we waiting about 20 minutes(111 pounds) very expansive with not buisy restaurant!I have to ask for finger ball and wait another 20 minutes,the waiters didn't provide fresh napkins and I have to get up and help my self!No one came to cleaning the table and I have to go to ask for the bill!Absolutely orrible experience!

2 Thank Sergiobosco79
Darlington (uk)
“Accommodating”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was concerned about the reviews on Tripadvisor before visiting this place but felt it was the only place near to where I was staying where I may stand of chance of getting a reasonably healthy meal.

Firstly the building and the grounds and the village is beautiful it is picture postcard England so it was a good start. In terms of the experience I was treated very well and when I ordered I made several requests regarding not taking the sauce and not cooking the shellfish with wine, all of which was not a problem at all.

The food was good, nice quality cuts of fish and shellfish and steamed vegetables. I would not say the meal blew me away but then again maybe because I tried to be healthy this was my mistake

I did notice as I was finishing that there was a couple complaining about their meal and the cost and so which is never good to hear but I can only comment on my own experience.
Overall this place is not cheap but it is pleasant and I would certainly recommend considering it.

• Visited May 2014
Oundle, United Kingdom
“Not tip top”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It has a great menu and the four of us managed to choose different things (so we could have a taster of different dishes) but there were a couple of disappointments. The seafood pasta was bland: no evidence of the sauce ingredients mentioned on the menu. Half of the mussels were stretched flat over the shells - not sure what that is but it certainly doesn't look edible even if it were possible to get it out. I mentioned this to the waitress and, despite being told she would ask about it, no response came back. My creme brulee arrived with a biscuit with a peice missing - probably just broken off but a biscuit that looks like a small bite has been taken out doesn't make a good impression and for the price, should be perfectly presented.
Apart from the above, the food was very good and the service too.