“Superb” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Banyan Tree

The Banyan Tree
Ranked #10 of 417 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
South Wales, UK
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

One of the best Indian restaurants I've ever dined at. Some of the dishes were different to traditional Indian takeaways but were delicious. The lamb was particularly tender and highly recommended. Superb.

Visited June 2014

“Lovely Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Great food and lovely surroundings. Menu varied and pricing decent. Service was polite, friendly and attentive. Comfortable and relaxed atmosphere

Would definitely recommend and will be returning.

We found ourselves in this restaurant on a Friday evening without booking, after we were bitterly disappointed with the service we had received in the Brewery Tap

Visited June 2014
Peterborough
“Excellent Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and sons took me for a delicious Indian meal in the Banyan Tree, to celebrate my birthday. We have never visited the City Centre one before, just the other local 'Branch' (sorry about that!) in Werrington.

The décor inside was contemporary and very well designed and the food was excellent.

The waiter recommended the lamb dishes, saying that people come from miles around for these.

I went with the recommendation and I must say, the lamb was really tasty and was soooooo tender. - A real delight! - The rest of the family really enjoyed their various dishes as well.

It was a little more expensive than some of the other 'bog standard' curry houses in the city, BUT for a little more we gained so much in quality and really nice surroundings.

- Any regrets? YES!!!! Why has it taken me so long to try this great restaurant?

- Will we return? - Just try stopping me!!!

• Visited May 2014
“A good Korma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

One of my work colleagues arranged for our team to go here for a celebration lunch. The banyan tree is situated in the middle of town and close to our office, so it was ideal. The food was lovely, one of the nicest kormas that ive had. The only thing I would suggest is looking at the drinks menu prior ordering, as some of the beers are rather pricey.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great food but lacked atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently had a lovely meal here with my wife celebrating our wedding anniversary. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The menu was a cut above most restaurants we have tried in Peterborough. The food when it arrived was very special. The flavours were exceptional and nicely balanced.
Our only gripe would be the lack of atmosphere but this could be put down to day when went and the reasonably early time.
We will be coming back to nice establishment very soon.

• Visited April 2014