“Nice atmosphere, good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
The Paper Mills Inn
Ranked #158 of 417 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
March, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

We ate here on a Sunday Lunch time, I would say this was a better experience than when we ate outside in the summer.
We booked a table ahead and were shown to a table in the snug, which was nicely placed I thought. Rather than a Sunday roast we chose a fish dish and lamb shank. My lamb shank was exceptionally good, husband found the fish a little bland, and also his ice cream was nice, but nothing too special. Conversly I thought my meal was excellent altogether, and the pub feels nice and clean without sacrificing its character.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank herewardtw

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great meal excellent atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

Met clients here for a business dinner. Started off with a pint by a roaring log fire then moved into the restaurant for the meal.

Bar
Excellent range of drinks and quick service. Offered menus to browse while drinking.

Top quality. I had salmon as an appetizer followed by pork belly. Absolutely spot on!
The burgers looked amazing also.
My clients had steak and that too was well received.

Quick, efficient and polite. Perfect.

What a pleasant evening in a well run pub. Total contrast to experiences earlier this week in frognall!

I will definitely return with clients and family.

“Excellent as usual............”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

My family and I visited again on christmas eve early doors. The food, beer and service was great as usual. Would heartily recomend to anyone. The waitress' even gave my 2 year old daughter a santa hat as we left. A very nice gesture and she loved her hat.

• Visited December 2012
“Good comfortable venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

It was a horrible day when I went to the Paper Mills, and we'd narrowly avoided getting soaked through to the skin just getting into the venue. When inside, it was fairly busy, but we were seated quickly and served efficiently, in a comfortable and warm venue! Food was good, although we did have rather a lot of it!

Visited July 2012
cambs
“excellent all round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

I been there three and both times and it excellent. The first time was my wedding meal in August and there were 16ish of us. The only bad meals were mine and the brides and we both had steaks. All the others were excellent. On our last visit this month there were approx 12 of us and all meals were outstanding. The service is also very good. I will be back very soon.

• Visited October 2012