“Delicious!”

Price range: US$16 - US$26
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At embe Restaurant we pride ourselves on offering a Taste of Africa and the Caribbean from our Peterborough restaurant, just five minutes walk from the City Centre.Our menu includes delicious favourites such as Jambalaya, Jerk Mix and of course Curried Mutton plus some exciting new dishes for you to try.We are open for lunch and dinner
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My partner and I had a delicious lunch at Embe last Friday; we were both thoroughly looking forward to the meal and most certainly were not disappointed, so much so that we have re-booked for an evening meal this week. We shared the mutton curry and tilapia fish curry - both tasty and beautifully tender. Nick is a truly good host - see you again very soon!

1 Thank Julie B

March, United Kingdom
“Delicious as usual.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just had dinner there tonight, and it was brilliant as usual. Even my elderly mother loved the lovely prawn curry she had.
The curried mutton was succulent and beautifully spiced.
I gad jambalaya which was delicious as ever. My young niece cleared her plate of jerked chicken, and loved every morsel.
This is by far the best restaurant in Peterborough for both food and service, which is always friendly.

1 Thank Birgit H
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Food is good, Very reasonably priced with a great selection Desserts can be very alcoholic so be warned (nice though!!)
Fantastic staff.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank G K
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A true gem!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I love Embe!
Nic and the team are awesome. The food is always tremendous and the curried mutton is the best I have ever had. This is one of the truly unique places to eat in Peterborough.
Taste with personality, that's Embe.

1 Thank Gerry S
Fife
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We visited this restaurant on a stopover after visiting norfolk.Due to traffic problems we were 45 minutes late for our booking.Our hotel called the restaurant and they happily held our table for us ,despite them being at full capacity.On arrival we were led to our table by the friendly staff and were joined by the owner who chatted away to us before we ordered ,making us feel so welcome.
The restaurant had a buzzing atmosphere and a talented singer doing some jazz/standards.
Onto the food,where do I start with the superlatives,it was amazing,beautifully cooked and presented,flavours I had never encountered before,we all loved it.I had the Chicken Yassa,my wife the Calypso Chicken,my son the Mutton curry and there was fresh pasta dish from the childrens menu for my young daughter.Pannacotta and choc pudding for desserts.
Every dish was amazing.I was desperate to return again the next day for lunch but due to travelling times this was not possible.
I am so jealous of the Peterborough locals who can go here when they like.Lucky people.If you stay near and haven`t visited go immediately.If you are passing through you should make a point of finding this gem of a place.

2 Thank Fifer1903